Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

da L.E.S...

emceeKasualT · 450 · 210008

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
Did anyone attend the FRESH TO DEF! LAUNCH?

Did the crowd pitch up? and di they pay to go in? I know black orchid has a tendacy to draw broke people who hog around the club making you think its too full when in reality that bitch is dry and empty?

How was the performance?

Did he tippy toe?

Who was the supporting act?

dropbomb

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +1/-3
  • God's Miracle
    • View Profile
    • Nuclear
Pyro don't f***en lie you neither Tate nor Milk,i met Tate he ain't like you,
Tate is dark skined & you are not!
@Taxi Driver this nigga is f***ing wt you big time mfana foreal!!!!

I was going through a tough time. f***ing with some new moisturisers and spending a lot of time in the sun. Where did we meet?
:) ;D ;D :D :D :D :) :)

this killed me f***

Bondizzo

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • www.demcrackboys.com
Did anyone attend the FRESH TO DEF! LAUNCH?

Did the crowd pitch up? and di they pay to go in? I know black orchid has a tendacy to draw broke people who hog around the club making you think its too full when in reality that bitch is dry and empty?

How was the performance?

Did he tippy toe?

Who was the supporting act?

off the chain, it was packed, we got some good footage there.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
man Ex, u shudv bn there man! shit was off the chain man! it was packed to capacity!
the performance was f***in hot man! i luv les n bongs energy with repetoires!!!!

i even bumped into crazy lu!!! ;)

shit was off the hinges man! havent seen a hiphop launch that crazy EVER! real talk!
Big ups to So Fet for organisin it! everything was solid!
The atmosphere was electric man!
@cash_sog

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

Someone pa** him a tissue before he creams himself.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

phunksuu

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile

Someone pa** him a tissue before he creams himself.

i luv les n bongs energy with repetoires!!!!

i dont know no more

emceeKasualT

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-14
  • The Forefather of your nuts
    • View Profile
    • 5th Floor
lol... I think its safe to say that its either love him or not with LES.. Good to hear the launch was solid tho.. Like I said before I dont particularly feel either way about dude..  I just read this interiew at allhiphop tho...

http://allhiphop.com/stories/features/archive/2008/06/20/20170405.aspx

It got me to thinking.. I think my initial response when I first heard this song was ...'why is dude dumbing his content down like that?'... emphasis on 'dumming down'... I dont think that all peeps who used to listen to hip-hop in the 90's hate the new kids because they're new. The dislike is based on this concept of dumming down...(granted if you're to communicate with a teenage audience..you may need to dumb down to their level).. but there are many new kids who are just as young... but the content is not dumbed down.. (Kool Kidz, Kids in the Hall, Lupe... etc)..

So the question is.. what does 'dumming down' mean to you? Say I was a 'conscious' or 'older' or 'backpack' type rhymer and I wanted to reach some young'ins out there... would I have to dumb my content down?!? From hearing LES rhyme before... does anyone feel that he has dumbed his lyrics down...?  make sure to read the linked atricle before responding...

lil niggaz they ain't around that powder
They ain't Super or Luigi or Mario, ain't found that power/
plus they couldn't spit fire if they found that flower.. You don't move white you lyin' dogg/
that's a neverending story without the white flying dog

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
lol... I think its safe to say that its either love him or not with LES.. Good to hear the launch was solid tho.. Like I said before I dont particularly feel either way about dude..  I just read this interiew at allhiphop tho...

http://allhiphop.com/stories/features/archive/2008/06/20/20170405.aspx

It got me to thinking.. I think my initial response when I first heard this song was ...'why is dude dumbing his content down like that?'... emphasis on 'dumming down'... I dont think that all peeps who used to listen to hip-hop in the 90's hate the new kids because they're new. The dislike is based on this concept of dumming down...(granted if you're to communicate with a teenage audience..you may need to dumb down to their level).. but there are many new kids who are just as young... but the content is not dumbed down.. (Kool Kidz, Kids in the Hall, Lupe... etc)..

So the question is.. what does 'dumming down' mean to you? Say I was a 'conscious' or 'older' or 'backpack' type rhymer and I wanted to reach some young'ins out there... would I have to dumb my content down?!? From hearing LES rhyme before... does anyone feel that he has dumbed his lyrics down...?  make sure to read the linked atricle before responding...
So put your hands up if you remember the Juice Crew
They don't make em' like they used to
This supposed to be the new school?
Your guns are aimless, songs are nameless
How long you been famous?

Enough said

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

phunksuu

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
its a pity!
its real sad that some1 would want to rap about tippy toes like that
making a dance track isnt bad-at all-but i mean WTF dude?!

a new thread is in order! titled: THE DUMBEST LYRICISTS IN THE GAME TODAY

LOL

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
hahaha! i think the dumbest lyrics of all time crown go to OL DIRTY BASTARD! hahahahaha!!!!
I loved that nigga! he got away with anything!
@cash_sog

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
i don't object to fun dance tracks with silly names, lighthearted lyrics or simplistic song concepts as long as they are done with some originality. I find it depressing that SA doesn't have an equivalent of the Neptunes for example - someone with some originality who makes hip-pop music that isn't just shamelessly copied from whatever trend is happening somewhere else.

i just find it impossible to get excited by anything so utterly devoid of creativity and derivative - the look, the sound, the lyrics, even the song names! The kids deserve better!

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
D,i cud say exactly the same for the heads(they deserve better from the UG cats) cos all the underground cats is copycats of canibus,the roots,company flow,wu tang,killarmy,and the producers is clones of premeir,hi-tek,jay d, and pete rock. etc.

the look is that old look,that grimey utility look,the military look,the regular guy look and the BROKE RAPPER LOOK. but i guess its only a issue when its commercial hey D?

the only difference is that the UG cats follow old trends and the young niggas is followin current trends.

U cats may fool the kids n say yall original! but for us who have seen hiphop thru all the stages, we can still see that the dudes u co-signin is also followin trends, just not current ones!

theres not a single hiphop artist in the world who can say they original and do not follow a certain trend.f*** outta here!

even Pharell will tell you, he follows Timbalands lead! and he also looks at whats hot ryt now!
when the south took over,guess what, he started bangin out the filtered 808's!
when Kanye came out, Pharell started doin more sample based production(look at Snoops album that he did)
And Timbo will tell u, he followin the trends in the POP market now!
and he will also tell u that he copied a lot of what Michael Jacksons production sounded like. and the use of vocals in the beat!
And Michael Jackson will tell u he mimiced James Brown.etc.

f*** outta here with that originality shit!
music is a forever growing space, we jus enter and add on. nobody comes in and just re-defines music. its a learning space, and to learn everybody mimics and copies, and repeats what was done before!

and yes, jus cos u spit in vernac, u still a clone of some US rappers!!!! u jus hide it more! lol. a lot of vernac cats are on REDMANS NUTS! stealin that flow but think we dont notice jus cos its a diff language! lol
@cash_sog

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
So i hear, Mr L.E.S was performing with an entourage of like 50 people on a 5cm stage ?  LOL ! BodyGuards and all. Dudes take this shit too far man.

BALLLINNNNNNNN !!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Enis21

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-13
    • View Profile
you have made some valid points Cash, esp when u say that SA UG cats follow american trends-
i think the fact that US trends are copied by rappers, applies to everyone in SA right now!

but why would UG heads wanna fool kids
U cats may fool the kids

i think that the mainstream content bamboozles kids into being people that they aren’t

i.e: Les driving his moms whip to portray and image that he cant sustain himself!
"Stuck with yourself like the rest of us"