• luv God n hip hop
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +6/-6
    • View Profile
    • http://www.africasgateway.com
Hey people

Its going down this Sunday.

Event Info: THANDANANI- Increase Love and Peace
Host: Constructive Noise and Artists Who United Africa (AWUA)
Type: Causes – Fundraiser and Campaign Launch
Cover Charge: R30 + food, blankets, clothes etc
Time and Place Start Time: Sunday, 15 June, 3:00pm
End Time: Monday, 16June 2008 at 12:00am
Street: Jeppe Street, cnr Henry Nxumalo
City/Town: Johannesburg, South Africa

About the event
The purpose of the event is to launch a comprehensive campaign against xenophobia and socio-economic factors such as crime, poverty, unemployment, ignorance and a general disunity amongst Africans, by using art to promote a culture of peace and tolerance. Central to the launch is the mission of raising funds and collecting food, clothing and blanket donations required for the emergency needs of displaced refugees.

The THANDANANI campaign can also be viewed as a vital platform for all those who wish to show their support to victims of xenophobic attacks and the genral instability in the country and the African Continent. How? Musicians, dj's, “conscious” hip hop artists, poets, graff heads, graphic designers, writers, fashion designers, filmmakers, comedians and other performing artists can contribute by showcasing creative work that speaks against backwardness of any sort (poverty, crime, hatred, disunity), with xenophobia as a special focus.

Condemnation is good but not enough. We need to utilize art to influence perceptions of the gra**roots poor communities with regards to the social dynamics of the continent. Constructive Noise, with the Support of Artists Who United Africa aims to use the campaign to:

1.Promote a culture of tolerance and non-violence.
2.Develop a victim support system for survivors and victims of xenophobic attacks.
3.Raise funds and collecting donations for those living in refugee camps.
4.Conduct workshops on tolerance, migration and human rights for affected communities.
5.Produce artworks, events, theatre productions, films, music etc that raise the people’s awareness about the continent’s socio-economic conditions.

Following is a list of artists who’ve agreed to actively support the campaign:

Live Bands-Jazz, Organic Afro Funk/Rock: Dr Badela, Ringo, BLK JKS, MXO, Simphiwe Dana, UJU, Kunle, Kwani Experience, Robbie Malinga, Norman Chauke, Kwela Tebza.

Hip Hop: Teargas, Robo, Ben Sharpa, Zuluboy, Obita, Reason, QBA, Bianca Williams, Damola, Natives From the Sun, 
To confirm: HHP, Prokid, Tumi and Zubz

Poets: Mak Manaka, Kabelo Mofokeng, Afurakan, Quaz, Uhuru, Ayob, Rainbow, Lebo Mashile, Motho Fela, Flo

DJs: Bionic, Kenzhero, C-Live, Gold Digger, Aswat, Soosh, D- Uneek, Blaq T, Mud Lion, Sista Matic.

Some of the above-listed artists have confirmed performances for the Thandanani launch/fundraiser planned to take place on the 15th of June. The rest of the participating artists would be asked to perform in future community-based small-scale events as well as large scale festivals planned to take place in the future. The large scale events/festivals will be staged in different parts of the country, and eventually tour the continent to further spread the message of love and peace.

spread love in da music

mphossiblepunkstah

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +7/-10
  • im a BEAUTIFUL MESS.....
    • View Profile
i am so there being a poet and all but most of coz i think its a worthy coz and what beta way to rais awareness while having a mad time doing it :)
mind is what im made of
where my spoken word is formed
lie not for this here is what mind is

the re-birth of me....the potrait of life

General In8

• luv God n hip hop
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +6/-6
    • View Profile
    • http://www.africasgateway.com
Sorry people, I just got news that the show has been postponed due to logistics. f*** I hate this!!!! will let u know of further changes on tuesday
spread love in da music