Africasgateway.com

Chinese= Black

Enis21 · 14 · 4504

Enis21

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-13
    • View Profile
from the times

The Pretoria High Court today granted a landmark ruling that Chinese South Africans are to be included in the definition of "black people" in legislation designed to benefit previously disadvantaged groups.

"As Chinese South Africans we were officially cla**ified as ’coloured’ during the apartheid era and suffered under the same discriminatory laws prior to 1994.

"The logical inference was thus that Chinese South Africans would automatically qualify for the same benefits afforded to the "coloured" group, post 1994.

"However, this was not the case and the Chinese South Africans have suffered a second round of unfair discrimination by not being sure of their status under the two Acts," he said.

"For example, one commercial bank would, given the historical considerations, cla**ify Chinese South Africans as ’black’ for the purposes of the Employment Equity Act and the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Act whereas another commercial bank declined to do so.

Mmmmm. i just read this article and i'm confused as to why 'black' should always be the label used...why not something else?
i mean if white woman are sometimes considered as black...does that mean my race has no meaning?
"Stuck with yourself like the rest of us"

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile

kingdavid

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-1
  • Hello Hater
    • View Profile
    • www.soundclick.com/viavalehustleproductions
so chinese gettin bee deals!!!!

does that mean they will stop bootlegging clothing labels.
or they'll do it in a bee legal way?

Enis21

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile

the words BEE and LEGAL do not sound right together! AT ALL
it must be the medias influence!
LOL

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
"As Chinese South Africans we were officially cla**ified as ’coloured’ during the apartheid

So now they can be ignored and sidelined with the rest of us. Finally...

Enis21

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
"As Chinese South Africans we were officially cla**ified as ’coloured’ during the apartheid

im confused! what are u talking bout?

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile

as much as the Chinesse gov is f***in up...we all know that Chinesse people were brought into this country as slaves, they worked in the mines and the mine compounds were specifically built for them. I mean those concrete beds were tailor-made for them....short and narrow in width. They provided cheap labour for the British mineowners, this was before the poll tax. i know that some of them just like "Indians" and "Coloureds" benefited from apartheid.

Capt Schti

• Two sips from being a tyrant.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile

Aw, not this bullshit argument again.You have more things in common with the xenophobic cats from Alexander than you do with Marcel Golding.

I have more in common with you than I have with Cyril Ramaphosa.

We cats at the bottom like pointing at each other, whilst the likes of Rupert, Ramaphosa and Golding divy up South Africa like it's monopoly. Buying streets and shit...        
"I just want to enter my house justified" Bloody Sam

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile

Aw, not this bullshit argument again.You have more things in common with the xenophobic cats from Alexander than you do with Marcel Golding.

We cats at the bottom like pointing at each other, whilst the likes of Rupert, Ramaphosa and Golding divy up South Africa like it's monopoly. Buying streets and shit...        

On the one hand you refer to my statement as bullshit, and on the other you reinforce it with your own opinion...

I meant to say that it doesn't really matter what they are cla**ified as, they're still gonna be just as marginalised as the rest of us who don't have the ANC/government connects to get the BEE deals.

They might be able to apply for certain loans now, but they're still gonna be just like the rest of us struggling to get by, until we do something about graft, cronyism etc.

Capt Schti

• Two sips from being a tyrant.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile

On the one hand you refer to my statement as bullshit, and on the other you reinforce it with your own opinion...

I meant to say that it doesn't really matter what they are cla**ified as, they're still gonna be just as marginalised as the rest of us who don't have the ANC/government connects to get the BEE deals.

They might be able to apply for certain loans now, but they're still gonna be just like the rest of us struggling to get by, until we do something about graft, cronyism etc.

I called the argument bullshit, and I have to back up why I'm saying that, even if it's with an opinion, otherwise I'll be unfair...aw shit it's a misunderstanding I thought you were saying that coloured are the new marganalised.     

"I just want to enter my house justified" Bloody Sam

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
aw shit it's a misunderstanding I thought you were saying that coloured are the new marganalised.    
Honest and hardworking people are, regardless of colour.

I know a lot of Chinese and Indian people who work their a**es off and tender for contracts in areas where their businesses have been active for years, just to lose to some startup company which has a government connect and tendered for twice as much as they.

The sad thing is that we always a**ume being Asian, these folks all have money. In fact this conception is created by the fact that they are willing to work and live like animals untill they have achieved their goals. Only then do they start living it up. One girl I know's parents use to sleep in their shop and went without a car for years till they managed to buy a place of their own.

Instead of buying a fancy place and a nice ride, they plowed all their money back into the business and instead bought a tiny place, where they had to share a room with the kids.

When the business started making good cash, they also wanted to get into the BEE thing, but couldn't, cos they weren't considered previously disadvantaged. Yet people who are already earning salaries of R1 million/Annum are eligible.

Shit pisses me off.

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog
frm wat i pickd up in that piece ...BEE is 4 non-whites...dn matter if they Asian, Black or Coloured

which means that now Chinese ppl are fair game for those who wana use them as BEE fronts for their "lily-white" companies ;)

see so now they dn have to feel left out ;D

"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
I am not really sure who black people are..f*** mabe I am black too
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

motho