Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

You & Your Religion

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Damn u Gutenberg, i curse you. This guy rite here had a power to create or destroy the world. This guy was the first man to have the equipment 2 publish a book,the priests gave him  the first manuscripts to publish the bible,he knows whether jesus is a myth or not. 

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Actually the spartans were 3000 Men army.  Gutenberg liked the story so much he removed the 0 to make the story more gangsta than it really is.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Damn u Gutenberg, i curse you. This guy rite here had a power to create or destroy the world. This guy was the first man to have the equipment 2 publish a book,the priests gave him  the first manuscripts to publish the bible,he knows whether jesus is a myth or not. 

??? ??? ??? ???
I do think you are very very mistaken...

Manuscripts were handwritten before and there were what were called Īllminated manuscripts". nothing special that had any hidden knowledge.

All Gutenberg did was create a way to ma** produce, since his press meant that they would no longer need handwriting books or block printing, which was another method.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Thanks 4 that.Actually i meant 2bring some humor into that. pityful u couldnt get it,it shows how uptight yo a** is, even on a good queit sunday.

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
Remember "The Book of Revelations": " Towards the end there will be false prophets, who will do anything to confuse you". Just a comment ma Hip Hop pips.

I think we got our own religion, since we have a culture, i.e. Hip Hop  :D :D :D Yeah man, all them dope lyrics be the scripts, the ish we relate to. It's a movement, it's religion. Hahaha
valid opinion... but then what do u say about movements such as pastor crag g's and his
x ministries who claim that your beloved hip hop is one of these fake religions, ushered in
by "false prophets"...i mean c'mon, we've all witnessed the magnitude at which the music
has grown and the influence it still has on young people and other genres as well. like u said Beesting, hip hop has really become a "religion" for a lot us...so who's to say who's a false
prophet n who's not  ???

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile

That Bastard Crook

• I woulda told Mitch not-to-leave-Rico, and instead 'a' wearing chains rock-da-Steve-Biko
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +71/-25
  • Right-wing fascists call me "Die Swart Gevaar"
    • View Profile
It's easier to have faith in something out there (and omnipotent and omniscient), than it is to believe that you shape your own destiny and to take responsibility for some of the actions in your life.

I agree..

I think people have to believe in something in order to survive. Whether you believe in a particular religion, or believe religion is a farce. Its all beliefs that dictate how you feel and act in life. It defines how you cope and present yourself in life. Beliefs could be a coping mechanism?

Do you think its possible to go through life without beliefs? People exchange beliefs, all the time, but no one realy stops believing. Beliefs seem to be a coping mechanism?

The worst of it all, is that all we know in life is what we've been told. There are very few things we know for certain. I think that uncertainty fuels your beliefs.

That's the realest shit anybody has said in this whole discussion. The reality is that man created religion as a way to cope with all of the things that occurred in his enviroment that he could not fathom or understand. For example 10-15,000 years ago what did people know about natural phenomena i.e. Tsunami's, earthquakes, volcanoes, meteoric showers, thunder, lightning, Blizzards, floods, shooting stars / comets etc? How could the people of those times explain such things? Of course they couldn't and that must have been daunting, so the natural human reaction was to attribute it to a higher power.

Ask yourself this, why do different people in different parts of the world have different takes on God? People have different takes on God in exactly the same way they different takes on culture and language. It all goes to show you that religion is a man-made beast. If there really was one God (in the Biblical/Islamic/Toranic sense) why doesn't everbody, bar none, believe in that God and more to the point, don't you think that God would have revealed him/herself to all us just to reinforce that belief.

Prime example, the Bible (which by the way was written by man approx 2000 years ago) tell us that God created Man first, ahead of all other animals. But we now know (through scientific advances) that man was at the back of the queue when it comes to life on this planet. The first homonids (Homo Sapiens) only showed up on Earth approx 40,000 years ago and there were in fact two different types of Human species roaming the Earth competing against each other for survival, one of which died out (Neanderthal Man or the European "Caveman") due to the technological advances of the other group which lead to a scarcity of food sources for the Neanderthal. We know all of this from fossil research and the DNA analysis thereof. Before the arrival of Homonids however, there was a whole host of animals roaming the planet, insects for example have been around on this planet for much longer than humans. So then, why is there no mention of these things in The Bible, Qu'ran or the Torah? Simply because at the time those texts were being penned there was little or no knowledge of the Natural World, it's as simple as that. For example Crocodiles have been living on earth 1000 times longer than Humans.

All religious texts reflect the level of knowledge that was availble at the time, for example the people who wrote the Bible didn't even know that the Earth is round, how many planets there are in our Solar System or that the Earth revolves around the Sun. If all these religious texts (Qu'ran, Bible, Torah) really were the "Word Of God" don't you think those important bits of information would have been pa**ed on from "The Creator"?

My argument is that there probably is a Supreme Creator out there but nobody, and I mean nobody on the face of this planet knows what that Creator looks like, or indeed if that creator even has an image.

Religion is man's dual response to living on this planet and understanding very little and having to deal with the fact that one day he will die with very little knowledge. So as a response he creates God and religion and thus ensures himself an "Afterlife", which conveniently eases his conscience.
At da Centre, it's Inventor of dis Art-of-Rap / Seida-Crook I'm da Genuine Artefact // Rappers know I spit Godly-Rap, I gave da Industry a Heart-Attack / Like "OH MY GOD-HE'S-BACK"!!!!!!! /

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +16/-18
    • View Profile
I think there's a judge, heaven and hell. We can't all be going to the same place. What about Adolf Hitler, Idi Amin and the like? The justice system in SA is pretty messed up. People kill in cold blood all the time and don't go to prison. Who do you think is going to give the victims justice? 
quot;Don't take shots if you ain't usin a handgun"

That Bastard Crook

• I woulda told Mitch not-to-leave-Rico, and instead 'a' wearing chains rock-da-Steve-Biko
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +71/-25
  • Right-wing fascists call me "Die Swart Gevaar"
    • View Profile
I think there's a judge, heaven and hell. We can't all be going to the same place. What about Adolf Hitler, Idi Amin and the like? The justice system in SA is pretty messed up. People kill in cold blood all the time and don't go to prison. Who do you think is going to give the victims justice? 

My nigga Lez, what's good?
But who says we're going anywhere after we die? The whole Biblical concept of Heaven and Hell just doesn't cut it for me; it's just not logical. For instance there's no such thing as an evil animal, animals  react according to their immediate circumstancs and will kill if they feel threatened. I've seen male Lions kill the lion cubs of other males, is that evil? So if it's not, where do animals go when they die?

Violence, murder and whatnot is a part of Human Nature that we try to supress, but it's always there. For example, you come home and you find a nigga raping your Moms, you telling me you ain't gon' merc' that nigga right off the bat? Or you gonna subdue him, call the police and let justice run it's course? What a lot of people seem to misunderstand is that Humans are also animals, albeit extremely smart ones but animals nonetheless.
At da Centre, it's Inventor of dis Art-of-Rap / Seida-Crook I'm da Genuine Artefact // Rappers know I spit Godly-Rap, I gave da Industry a Heart-Attack / Like "OH MY GOD-HE'S-BACK"!!!!!!! /

C4

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile

...The reality is that man created religion as a way to cope with all of the things that occurred in his enviroment that he could not fathom or understand. For example 10-15,000 years ago what did people know about natural phenomena i.e. Tsunami's, earthquakes, volcanoes, meteoric showers, thunder, lightning, Blizzards, floods, shooting stars / comets etc? How could the people of those times explain such things? Of course they couldn't and that must have been daunting, so the natural human reaction was to attribute it to a higher power.

Ask yourself this, why do different people in different parts of the world have different takes on God? People have different takes on God in exactly the same way they different takes on culture and language. It all goes to show you that religion is a man-made beast. If there really was one God (in the Biblical/Islamic/Toranic sense) why doesn't everbody, bar none, believe in that God and more to the point, don't you think that God would have revealed him/herself to all us just to reinforce that belief.

Prime example, the Bible (which by the way was written by man approx 2000 years ago) tell us that God created Man first, ahead of all other animals. But we now know (through scientific advances) that man was at the back of the queue when it comes to life on this planet. The first homonids (Homo Sapiens) only showed up on Earth approx 40,000 years ago and there were in fact two different types of Human species roaming the Earth competing against each other for survival, one of which died out (Neanderthal Man or the European "Caveman") due to the technological advances of the other group which lead to a scarcity of food sources for the Neanderthal. We know all of this from fossil research and the DNA analysis thereof. Before the arrival of Homonids however, there was a whole host of animals roaming the planet, insects for example have been around on this planet for much longer than humans. So then, why is there no mention of these things in The Bible, Qu'ran or the Torah? Simply because at the time those texts were being penned there was little or no knowledge of the Natural World, it's as simple as that. For example Crocodiles have been living on earth 1000 times longer than Humans.

All religious texts reflect the level of knowledge that was availble at the time, for example the people who wrote the Bible didn't even know that the Earth is round, how many planets there are in our Solar System or that the Earth revolves around the Sun. If all these religious texts (Qu'ran, Bible, Torah) really were the "Word Of God" don't you think those important bits of information would have been pa**ed on from "The Creator"?

My argument is that there probably is a Supreme Creator out there but nobody, and I mean nobody on the face of this planet knows what that Creator looks like, or indeed if that creator even has an image.

Religion is man's dual response to living on this planet and understanding very little and having to deal with the fact that one day he will die with very little knowledge. So as a response he creates God and religion and thus ensures himself an "Afterlife", which conveniently eases his conscience.

I'm with most of this, except the some of the chronology is wrong. Man is several million years older than 1st believed, and we seem to keep finding older and older fossils to push our age further and further back. Even the Sumerians claimed to be able to trace us at least 450 000 years back. Our problem is that our civilistions tend to "reset" on a +- 10 000 year cycle, so we become primitive and "forget" everything and start anew. Just Imagine what another meteorite like the 1 that supposedly wiped out the dinosaurs would do to our current state of civilisation. Or another Great Flood...
Fact is, 10 - 15 000 years ago, we were pretty smart, building pyramids and a bunch of other advanced structures across the globe. And we knew Earth was round, coz we used to travel around it. What made most of humanity go back to primitive ways all those years ago was the last ice age.
Then came religions to explain things we once understood, but had lost knowledge about. This might explain why we have more and more "smart" modern people moving away from "traditional" religious beliefs. Coz science, etc has filled in many of the blanks.

So true, and as we got smarter, some guys decided to add some functionality and use these religions as a control mechanism as well. But basically I think it provides a convenient "box" in which to throw all the unkowns, and explain some particularly discomforting things like what happens when we die.
The fact that we have so many different religions tells me that each one probably has at least some the story wrong. The truth is probably a hybrid of some sort. I haven't got it exactly figured out, yet, hopefully I'll discover in the afterlife. But I'll trade religion for good old understanding any day... And I think there is a Creator, though not the emotional guy we read about in the greatest story ever told. I don't see any other way to explain where this entire universe popped up from...
Tha High Explocive

GudEar

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-9
  • 100% Zuluboy
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nduduzof
I'm the type of person who very much believe that GOD exist in every human being and also I believe that there's evil in every man's soul.....
evil - live...this basically means that every man that lives will be tempted by evil/have evil in them....even Jesus himself was tempted......on another note....there's good - God in every soul.....

So i always say, its a battle between GOD and evil inside you....now the ?uestion is who you gonna let win?

If you open your eyes little bit wider...you will realize that...in this cursed world....the fight is about the religion....!!!!

A friend of mine 1nce said to me...."Do u remember that the Abraham's decedant...children of Israel...were promised the promised land by GOD" I said "Yes"....he said to me...when they got to the promised land they found ppl living there already...and that land was land of bees and honey....I said "Yeess"....He then broke it down...

He mentioned that...that why in middle east there's fight...because they fight over the land that GOD promised them.....and on the other hand the people who were living there already.....were not prepared to give up their land to strangers....that's why there's been fights there....since I was born......he refers to HONEY as OIL.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 11:14:49 AM by Superb »
Marco Polo - Marquee ft O.C.
Charles Aznavour - Qui ?
Fugees - Cowboys
Something Bout Love - The Main Ingredient

I stay on top like eXponents - AQ

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile

I think we would feel really lousy after realising that "there will never be justice" :D So we choose to believe that some superior being has crafted this perfect plan whereby all wrongs will be punished, or forgiven(depending on the severity of the wrong doing/or wrong do'er - or - the circumstances leading to the wrong do'ers wrong doing *as Seida stated in the mother being raped scenario* - and numerous other loopholes which we never really look into).lol.

You see people, there is a slight flaw in thinking that Hitler doesnt deserve the same fate as you and me. After all, are we not all equal in the eyes of the supreme being? Is Hitler not just a part of the ultimate plan? Isnt that what he was created to be, in the same way we are created to be who we are?

Or is there a rating system which scales up your SIN LEVEL and conveniently categorises you in a specific folder?

Personally, I beleive in God and My Swag ;)
@cash_sog