Africasgateway.com

Adebayor:Oh noo!

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
It's just like Hip Hop,,, footballers are more concerned about their paper than their game. Let him go - Wenger made this kid what he is - he plays in a team that creates more opportunity to score than almost any other team in the world. He can go and warm Milan's bench once they work out his strike rate ain't as good as Arsenal made it seem.

Peace!

blak boy

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Adebayor Deserves More, no two ways about it. He is trying to bargain and its within his rights. Was way too hectic last season, constant menace always being marked by two players and still perfoming, Milan will suit him. Arsene Wenger is screwing footnballers out of a living and if he is not willing to pay up other teams will, that's why he buys youngsters, they more focused on game time than proper remuneration. not one sided though
y blood will nourish the tree that will bear the fruits of
freedom.
Tell my people that I love them. They must continue the fight."
Solomon Mahlangu

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Wenger says hes staying,dont know we will see.

That Bastard Crook

• I woulda told Mitch not-to-leave-Rico, and instead 'a' wearing chains rock-da-Steve-Biko
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +71/-25
  • Right-wing fascists call me "Die Swart Gevaar"
    • View Profile
Who gives a f***? f*** Adebayor, the crumb-snatching little bastard. We still got Theo Walcott lookin' and playin' like da black Michael Owen. Arsenal made Adebayor, who'd ever of this f*** before Wenger uneartherd him? As an Arsenal fan I ain't concerned in da slightest, now if y'all was talkin' ;bout Cesc, now dat would be a different matter entirely.....
At da Centre, it's Inventor of dis Art-of-Rap / Seida-Crook I'm da Genuine Artefact // Rappers know I spit Godly-Rap, I gave da Industry a Heart-Attack / Like "OH MY GOD-HE'S-BACK"!!!!!!! /

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
Greedy Blacks.. He belongs in the PSL with that mentality. He's not worth a 120k per month. Wenger should let him go and invest in a striker, more concerned with his football and the team, rather than money and his goal celebrations.

LOL dude you bad but the dude is trully not worth that much but its nice to see that he knows that he thinks he is worth! lol

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Arsene Wenger is screwing footnballers out of a living

Now ain't that some shit! Wenger pays what players are worth. Adebayor hasn't proved anything with one good season. He choked at key moments when we needed someone who could score clinical goals (like the missed open goal against Milan).

Adebayor is earning about R500,000 a week - he ain't exactly starving. dude ain't Kaka, Ronaldo or Henry,,, he's just being greedy.

Arsenal has a wage structure so that the club remains financially viable without needing to be hundreds of millions of pounds in debt (like Man U and Liverpool) or rely on the whims of a Russian oligarch (like Chelsea). If a player can't respect that, f*** 'em.

blak boy

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Eh DPleezy, nice change of name, wrote
Now ain't that some shit! Wenger pays what players are worth. Adebayor hasn't proved anything with one good season. He choked at key moments when we needed someone who could score clinical goals (like the missed open goal against Milan).

The game where he destroyed Milan's defence, created space for a crap lot of arsenal players, ended oddo's season and one which you still won! he may not be as clinical as ruud and other strikers but he creates so much more and takes away so many defenders leaving space for others to exploit. His goal return is more than enough considering his other attributes. considering he was arsenal's one constant striker, you can't complain about his goals when the next best are always on the treatment table, making his misses more apparent.

He deserves more, whatever arsenal's structure it it does not adequately remunerate players efforts, it's bollocks, as they would say. Packing stadiums beating top teams and when you want more money you are greedy, football is a short career and is watched the world over. Pay them what their worth, 50k tha'ts ridiculous considering the many high level important games they play and players contribution. wage structure is applauded but at times at the cost of adequately remunerating players,

make no mistake he is a brilliant footballer being paid peanuts, consider rooney's glaring misses, goal tally yet he is well paid. too many examples, owen is one. Wenger needs to adjust the structure to changing times and to modern day standards. We are not talking of offerring 150k to a dead horse ala Papa Lamps, but 90 or a 100k to a striker who does a lot for the team and was very important and influential. Case in point is why did wenger sign Cesc to an 8 year contract!! to tie him down and to get paid when the big boys come calling, really

« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 08:40:33 PM by blak boy »
freedom.
Solomon Mahlangu

Msanii_XL

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
  • Africa Dreaming....
    • View Profile
    • http://beneathdasurface.com/
^^but you want him upped off of ONE season, if i'm giving you that much of an increase you better be consistent.
BNTS
Listening to
Curren$Y- The Jet files...
Meyer Hawthorne-Strange arrangement
Washed outLife of leisure

blak boy

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
What are the chances he won't be consistent/ consider that he won't his past efforts will ensure he will be tightly marked ensuring the will be space for others to explout. There are many ways one can help a team win, consider his attributes and the fact that he is a creator, holds the ball, has better ball skills than most top cla** strikers. In my opinion i like watching him play more than Henry, not for goals but for the game, he is a better all round player, unselfish. he is centre forward with good feet. Milan would have suited him
freedom.
Solomon Mahlangu

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
I have to disagree,,, he is nowhere near the player Henry is (was).

Thierry had everything... goals, clinical finishing, decisive match changing performances, a**ists, leadership and silverware. He proved himself over time and won things for Arsenal, and he got paid more and more along the way.

Adebayor has had one good season and he wants the same money as Henry. He hasn't won anything with Arsenal!

All this talk of there being so much money in the game is grossly exaggerated - the top English clubs are ma**ively in debt servicing the salary demands of these players. Arsenal is one of the few clubs that runs in profit. You only have to look at Leeds to see what can happen if the money runs out.

The argument that players careers are short just doesn't cut it - these guys earn more in a week than the average working man in the UK earns in 2 years. If they have 5 good seasons at Arsenal earning £60,000 a week they will have earned £15.6M - and that's before endorsements and any other money they might earn. With the right investments and a**et management, they never need to work again and can live the good life for the rest of their lives.

In the book, Ashley Cole describes how he almost crashed his Bentley Continental GT when his agent called to say Arsenal would only offer him $104,000 a week rather than the $113,000 he was asking for.

"I nearly swerved off the road,'' Cole writes. "I yelled down the phone. I was so incensed. I was trembling with anger. I couldn't believe what I had heard.''

Cole was furious that Thierry Henry, a perennial candidate for world player of the year with far more talent, was being paid more by Arsenal.

This is the kind of money-grabbing bullshit that real fans hate. Dennis Bergkamp is an Arsenal (and world football) legend. There were never stories about him threatening to leave for a few thousand pounds a week extra. Sure, he got paid well, but he was a true sportsman first and foremost. He will be loved and revered at Arsenal forever.

If Adebayor leaves Arsenal for Milan or Barca, he only has to have one dry patch where he doesn't score and he'll find himself on the bench before being shipped off to a lesser team in Spain or Italy. Before long, he'll find himself at Fenerbache before maybe being given another chance in England with Portsmouth on half the wages he'd have been on if he'd stayed at Arsenal.

Let me just leave you with this Adebayor quote:

"You can see people changing clubs because of money, because they want a change of atmosphere or to get their names in the big leagues. I just play football to enjoy myself. I play because I love it."

blak boy

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
He is nowhere near where henry was as a player, i agree and maybe the comparison's should stop here. I admit I started them. Money is not everything in football. I am not saying he should get 120k just 90 or a 100k. One swallow does not make a summer true, yet wenger must consider adequately paying players. Argument about clubs paying footballers maybe true but we don't have sufficient info to go into that. Not saying pay all your players a ridiculous amount, only those who warrant such an amount.

Henry, I am first to say was never a favourite of mine, scored so many goals each year and has probably the best technique in terms of placing the ball and scoring goals. Many will agree that he still plays as a winger of sorts relies on pace and pace and guile, not really skilled as a footballer but scores quality goals. In my opinion Bergkamp was way a better footballer and is way high in my estimation. Same reason I rate adebayor not for his goals but his overall game, watching adebayor means watching someone not reliant on pace and timing too much but on his skill and ability with the ball, we could go on. Point being he is a different player to Henry with Much to learn and may probably never score as many goals but is a quality player in all regards. He is still young and he may not win as many trophies as henry but this is not the only way we can measure a player's contribution. Same as I think Henry is in the same category as say Del Piero or Raul, in terms of How good a player he was even though del piero never got the plaudits and lost a lot to injury but he was still a gem but was a better player.
 I don't expect Adebayor to score a ridiculous amount of goals but to improve on his all round game and for that he deserves far more than he is getting at the moment. Shearer was one quality striker with probably the same if not better strike rate than Henry albeit without the pace and yet he will never be mentioned in the same breath. Granted the swallow metaphor and you cannot expect players to play for peanuts even if they dn't win things. Teams need luck amongst other things and I think for the second season his salary should be increased as they have seen what he can do and the potential exists for better things to come. I think adebayor deserves more and our van persie with his injuries and inconsistent contributins is the one deserving 50k, i don't know how much he earns though.

For all the arguments about Henry last time arsenal won the league they had a solid contribution from all over the park, goals coming from pires, lungberg, viera as well as campbell and co at the back ensuring clean sheets, illustrating that a solid team effort wins the league. Cesc and Adebayor, Flamini, sagna played their hearts out yet still injuries and wenger's decision making cost arsenal the title. There is no reason why arsenal players should not be well remunerated they filling seats at a new stadium and playing exciting football that broadcasters always want to televise, reach the quaterfinals of major competitions, i mean really, all this 50k a month, get real.

We could go on bout players like scholes negotiating their onw wages and not having any agents and still managing to leave an exemplary life as well as valuing their trophies and triumphs yet for having won 8 league titles and being content with 80k is really inspiring and amazing, one can't help but think those trophies made man utd a team known world wide and if he should have been paid more. Thoug the are many ways one can take care of a player of scholes, giggs or maldini's stature we have to consider that even if he hadn't won those trophies he deserved more and that he did makes the situation even more unbelievable
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 02:47:39 AM by blak boy »
freedom.
Solomon Mahlangu

dropbomb

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +1/-3
  • God's Miracle
    • View Profile
    • Nuclear
as a milan Fan am sayin giv the boy his or pa** him over simple .....at the ned of the day it's the paper chase that matter
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 09:09:27 AM by dropbomb »

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Ade has just signed a new deal with Arsenal:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/aug/02/arsenal

"The striker insisted yesterday his "heart is with Arsenal" and that he had no intention of moving on. "I have never said I will leave the club," said Adebayor, who has secured a significant pay rise on his previous contract, which was worth around £35,000 a week. "When we started talking about my contract I never told [Wenger] I'd be leaving this club and he knew my desire."

As an Arsenal player I will support him, but he has a lot of work to do to win over the fans again. Scoring a lot of goals and showing 100% commitment to the team would be a good start.