Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Fifa reveal World Cup 'Plan B'

illmas

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
The Xenophobic attacks messed it all up for S.A, its only the South Africans to blame for the "Plan B".

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile
The Xenophobic attacks messed it all up for S.A, its only the South Africans to blame for the "Plan B".
Nah man. Contingency plans are there for unforseen events that could occur that would prevent the hosts from showcasing the event. The xenophobia issue had nothing to do with th 'plan B'.
Beating bitches since 1982.

OG Beezak

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +6/-16
  • uMlazi--- keep hustling
    • View Profile
haha.. word

Wonder if they've ever had back up plans in place for past hosts.

That's what I'm questioning too.

But, is it really possible (to have other plans) after all these multi-million dollar investments and construction (roads, stadiums, and other infrastructure)? Come on now, even other countries have their money already circulating in S.A., to push the event.

And an 2010 is too close now. Don't we think?

However, if there was to be an Earthquake or another Genocide, then there must be other planz
Straight outta Mzilayi. It's that code 031 baby
              Hip Hop till 'am 75. Gcwala

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
I think the plan "B" applies to all 2nd and 3rd world countries! I remember reading last year that Argintina and Mexico all had a plan B although nothing wrong went down there so they still hosted.

For Eurpean countries there isnt normally a plan "B" cause they are so used to hosting the Uefa champions league and those games draw huge crowds! and they got the security oand resources to arrange these events with sufficent accomodation and shit

@D_pleezy as for the quaifies they normally finish around January in africa or so cause of the AFCON stuff.

As for renaming the Ellis Park I think its kinda cool but alot of work still needs to be done around that stadium the fences is falling and thedriveway around the stadium looks like an off road ralley track! honestly.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
We hosted successful rugby and cricket world cups. Why couldnt we successfully host a football world cup? Slightly on larger scale but the concepts have been tried and successfully tested. I reckon we will host a very successful event, but speculating isnt going to get us very far...

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile
can't really fault them.. the f***ing natives running this country have shown themselves incapable of doing much properly.. the shimmer on the rainbow nation has surely warn off.. remember asking a few yrs ago how long the 'new' south africa was gonna be 'new' for.. mbeki put paid to that.. south africa's innocence & virginity is well & truly gone..

i say FIFA should take it as collective punishment for the active collusion of the government & our collective acquiescence with the mugabe regime.. i don't give a f*** what the tree huggers are gonna say.. it surely is gonna f*** with SA's economic growth & hurt the poor most.. but my argument is a parent punishes even their favourite child..
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
can't really fault them.. the f***ing natives running this country have shown themselves incapable of doing much properly.. the shimmer on the rainbow nation has surely warn off.. remember asking a few yrs ago how long the 'new' south africa was gonna be 'new' for.. mbeki put paid to that.. south africa's innocence & virginity is well & truly gone..

i say FIFA should take it as collective punishment for the active collusion of the government & our collective acquiescence with the mugabe regime.. i don't give a f*** what the tree huggers are gonna say.. it surely is gonna f*** with SA's economic growth & hurt the poor most.. but my argument is a parent punishes even their favourite child..

That was Harsh!!!!

OG Beezak

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +6/-16
  • uMlazi--- keep hustling
    • View Profile

Wow, who's the parent and who's the child

@Da X, it okay since it didn't start with Africa. @ New Jack, it seems fair, considering that soccer is universal, and rugby and cricket aren't
Straight outta Mzilayi. It's that code 031 baby
              Hip Hop till 'am 75. Gcwala

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

That was Harsh!!!!

tree hugger..  ;D
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

who's the parent and who's the child

fifa as the custodians of the game - parent
south africa as lapdogs supporting mugabe - child

--Plato

illmas

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
the XENOPHOBIC attacks messed it all up theres no doubt about that. the violence in SA is just out of hand, besides you cannot compare FIFA world cup to the RUGBY world cup. SA must prove to the rest of the world that they got the situation under control or else.....

Papa ThReAdS

• Are you a bish?? Then you can love me.
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +24/-31
  • The beautiful man...The beautiful Legend...
    • View Profile
Official crime stats are out.
Murder is down by 5%. Things are looking up.
Beating bitches since 1982.

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
London - Fifa president Sepp Blatter has spoken to three countries about hosting the 2010 Soccer World Cup if a natural catastrophe forces it away from South Africa.

It forms the Plan B drawn up by Fifa with less than two years until football's showpiece tournament heads to Africa for the first time.

Concerns are mounting about South Africa fulfilling its hosting obligations after Tuesday's announcement that the Port Elizabeth stadium is unlikely to be completed in time for next June's Confederations Cup tuneup event.

The World Cup preparations have been plagued by stadium construction delays, security fears, transport problems and the possibility of power outages.

"I have spoken to three possible, not only possible, but three a**ociations and countries that would be able to stage the World Cup in one year's time," Blatter said in an interview broadcast on Thursday by Sky News. "They need one year (to prepare)."

Blatter would not name the countries when asked if 1966 host England was one of his options. 

From: http://www.news24.com/News24/Sport/S...355028,00.html

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
 :( :-\
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!