Africasgateway.com

Survey

truth · 7 · 2617

truth

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Sup ppl

Man aint been here for a very long time :o been finishing up a 4 year old project...just putting final touches to it :) glad i'm done

For those who down with stats; you know that world wide music sales are still down 8% (that's from about US$39 billion to US$2.9 billion), Although SA is up 2%, at the time we are at, and the level of quality of our music we should have been doing much more better (comparing the music to before 1996). Partly to blame was the big recording companies because of slow reaction to consumers' preference of digital music to CDs. Now that the Big 4 are awake, we've seen a lot of new experimental music delivery methods emerge since 2006. e.g BEBO, eMusic, Spiralfrog, Omnifone, etc...
We've built a delivery method that we believe should work to force sales and music promotion to go up (took about a year of research and 7 months coding/programming).

When i personally started putting the project together officially in 2005, it was just about getting SA music (mainly hip hop) to other continents but soon had to shut the project down (after getting contacts in Japan, all over Europe, US and Africa) because i realized there was more to the problem and i've been working on a music delivery system/method that i believe should be fair to consumers, artists, and broadcasting stations and we've finally put together something that will work for all under the music control Laws we currently have in place (Was difficult cause the old model laws do not work so much anymore, slowing growth down). There are a couple of imbalance(s) in the whole industry that we've been addressing with the project.

Anywho...I'm currently busy with a survey, just trying to find out from artists, recording companies, consumers and broadcasting station managers if they think the project is something they will support and if there are improvements that we'll have to be done immediately.

So please be kind enough to send me PM so i can send you a summary of the project for you to go through and let me know what you think of it.

Please indicate:
Your Name
Country and City
Email address

Please indicate If your are:

1. Artist (which will include the singer/rapper, producer and anyone else involved in song recording).

2. Indie or Signed?

3. Just a Recording company or Working at a broadcasting station (radio/tv)

Thanks in advance to those that will be kind enough to hit me up.

Almost forgot, Checkout www.ifpi.org for the stats.

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa
ok u lost me at.......... wait u neva had me. dude i would love to help u out bt lets be real du really expect me read al dat!!!

dropbomb

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +1/-3
  • God's Miracle
    • View Profile
    • Nuclear
ok u lost me at.......... wait u neva had me. dude i would love to help u out bt lets be real du really expect me read al dat!!!

whez da photoshopperz when u need 1  ;D ;D ;D
hahahaha

LetsogoLaPlastik

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-8
  • Wa tlala??
    • View Profile
Ha o mpona oska.....nkatumela!!!!

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Thanx 4 that stats link, truth. Word

truth

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile

Dude thanks for at least staring at the post...that's something

To all my "non-black" people reading this, please ignore the quote above...Black people do read.

@New, Jack hope you really find the link useful

@NewbiesRule ...................... at least you didn't complain

Found another interesting link which deals more about copyright laws which don't seem to really work in the 21st century. The article was written by some old guy from harvard (stand to be corrected), very informal and extremely long (i haven't finished reading it my self).

@spongebob dude,  dont worry you already excused from reading this, if i eva hav time to,i'll photoshop the whole article as suggested

the article is at:http://wwwl.3rdearmusic.com/forum/forumfeb03/copyright.html
it's an old article so it might be a bit outdated with some points

Respect and love to all

Please don't forget to hit me up with your details if you'll like to take part in the survey

Be kind enough to send me a PM so i can send you a summary of the project for you to go through and let me know what you think of it.

Please indicate:
Your Name
Country and City
Email address

Please indicate If your are:

1. Artist (which will include the singer/rapper, producer and anyone else involved in song recording).

2. Indie or Signed?

3. Just a Recording company or Working at a broadcasting station (radio/tv)

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa
There u go again quotin bible chapters at a time. bt i did manage to get through it but losin blood sweat and tears. and an excorcism of those anti-book demons i got. and u welco me. hai dats my work for today ;D