Africasgateway.com

Beats

1kind · 38 · 12731

Bondizzo

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • www.demcrackboys.com
A few weeks back some boys were claiming Kanye and Timbo make half a mill off one beat...how true is dat?I find it hard to believe.....If an artists decides to use both these dudes beats on his album, what about the record label?since most of the revenue made from shows and ringtones goes to his pocket.

Now my question is...is there a label willing to operate @ a loss considering Promo,distribution and pressing costs?...shed light

Before you get any cent (apart from your advance) you will be responsible for paying the label back everything, this includes marketing, promo, manufacturing etc it all comes from your sales, if you don't recoup from your sales maybe you might be obliged to pay it back using any other form of income you get depending on the contract.

I don't think they pay that much for beats but just claim what its worth, I think they also estimate how much royalties can be made of the beat/song to give it that price cause of the brand. Millionaires dont even buy houses cash so I doubt they'll pay that much psychical cash on a beat.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 01:09:03 PM by Bondizzo »

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile
^^^ Well explained, this rap shit as a career is a cut throat industry, damn...

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile
Can some one explain tha beat selling process? I got a bunch of beats in the vaults but don't know how to retail them, in such a way that i'll b delivering a quality product to the customer.. I have sold some on an unprofessional tip, where every single component/sample of the beat is exported as a single file (usually mp3), using the artist's accapella to decide track length... How do y'all do it?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 01:07:44 PM by E.K.K.$, What it stand for? »

Bondizzo

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • www.demcrackboys.com
Can some one explain tha beat selling process? I got a bunch of beats in the vaults but don't know how to retail them, in such a way that i'll b delivering a quality product to the customer.. I have sold some on an unprofessional tip, where every single component/sample of the beat is exported as a single file (usually mp3), using the artist's accapella to decide track length... How do y'all do it?

when its done professionally it goes like this.

1. You'll give the artist/record label your beat/s all untagged so the artist can record to them.
2. The Artist records tracks to your beats and if the tracks make the album cut then they contact you.
3. The label will negotiate a price and a contract will be written, you could either get paid upfront , get royalties only, or both depending how big you are.

So in the end its about if the artists can make a good song with your beat.

LetsogoLaPlastik

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-8
  • Wa tlala??
    • View Profile

Before you get any cent (apart from your advance) you will be responsible for paying the label back everything, this includes marketing, promo, manufacturing etc it all comes from your sales, if you don't recoup from your sales maybe you might be obliged to pay it back using any other form of income you get depending on the contract.

I don't think they pay that much for beats but just claim what its worth, I think they also estimate how much royalties can be made of the beat/song to give it that price cause of the brand. Millionaires dont even buy houses cash so I doubt they'll pay that much psychical cash on a beat.

thnx B_dizzle....I knew cats were lying talking like they've seen these dudes paychecks
Ha o mpona oska.....nkatumela!!!!

1kind

• onek1nd is superman on the eiffel tower, saving the world from parasites.
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +8/-25
  • My xhosa friends and I started a clique!
    • View Profile
THe reason why I buy the beats is so that i don't OWE anyone anything at the end of the day.

I'm also not looking to make a career off this, i got other means.

No one ever said you gotta be into hip hop to sell!!!! matter of fact,where we are right now,  there isn't much selling-buying anyway...so my choice is not a bad one.

WARNING: Do not make a career out of something you love!!!

Peace J-one, i'm very interested in the offer. we'll talk...
I put Religion, Opression and Weakness underground and when i looked down i felt myself begin to GROW.

www.reverbnation.com/1kind

Zee-Supreme

• AG Regular
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile
THe reason why I buy the beats is so that i don't OWE anyone anything at the end of the day.

I'm also not looking to make a career off this, i got other means.

No one ever said you gotta be into hip hop to sell!!!! matter of fact,where we are right now,  there isn't much selling-buying anyway...so my choice is not a bad one.

WARNING: Do not make a career out of something you love!!!-- What the Bombaclot!!!!  :-X
Peace J-one, i'm very interested in the offer. we'll talk...

Ok, taking notes, make a career off something that you hate....
img]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g288/soweto_photos/Doughboy_Avatar1.gif.jpg[/img]

Z MONEY BAGZ AKA DOUGHBOY SWAG>>>>AKA "IM BACK B!TCHES"

'SO SAY GOODNIGHT TO AG'S BADGUY'

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
 ;D ;D ;D
The proper statement i think is " Dont make a career out of something only based on the fact that its something that you love"

ie. consider the variables, do a feasibility analysis, look at the opportunity VS the competition, look at the industry as a whole.
And most importantly consider the profitability before you start investing into the business!

But at the end of the day you have to love what you do!
@cash_sog