Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
Has any  of y'all bought into this?
It took me a long time to understand all that Jargon in the booklet and the call centre people only explain how to fill in teh form, which wa the least of my worries.
What I needed to know was - will the value of Inzalo shares equate to the value of oridnary sasol shares once the restriction period has ended? As in, if I wanna sell in 3 years time, will I be able to sell at the normal share price?

Sasol Inzalo Black Public Invitations extended to Wednesday 9 July

Anticipated last minute pressure on Post Offices has resulted in a three working day extension of the closing date for participation in the Sasol Inzalo Black Public Invitations.

The closing date has been extended from Saturday 5 July to 17h00 on Wednesday 9 July.

Potential participants should ensure that, if they are making payment by electronic fund transfers (EFTs) and bank issued cheques, they submit their application forms and their payments by 15h00 on Monday 7 July, to ensure that their payments are registered before the invitations close.

Potential participants should also ensure that, if they are making payment by cash or by debit card, they must submit their application forms and their payments by 16h00 on Wednesday 9 July, to ensure that their payments are registered before the invitations close.

"This three day extension will facilitate a smoother flow of applications and easier queue management at the Post Office," says Sasol executive director Nolitha Fakude.

Members of the public requiring a**istance with their applications forms are invited to contact the Sasol Inzalo call centre on 0800 000 222.

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile
yup.. am on that ish..
pity i'm really a**ed out & could only get 35.. trynna hustle loot for more before wed..
have done mad analysis of the resources, financials & industrials (which includes sasol) & their 3, 5 & 7 year returns to trend..

the sasol BEE offers them at a ma**ive discount & they're going for a steal.. company fundamentals in check, oil on a crazy bull run i suspect may not be a bubble..
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
The discussion one Sasol is very interesting - I have done consultation work for Sasol. Don't be fooled into believing that they are just into fuel - they are highly diversified.

As with the investment shares. ill pa**, i dont like to do something because its popular and everyone is doing it,especially when it comes to finances.

I recommend Sharenet.co.za or Fleetstreet Publication(www.fsp.co.za),where you will learn basics and start from scratch,how these things work.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 05:07:02 PM by New,Jack »

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
1. Don't be fooled into believing that they are just into fuel - they are highly diversified.

1. reason sasol's in the industrials sector of the JSE & not merely resources is owing to how diversified they are.. reason i mentioned oil is cos of current discussions around 'peak oil'.. sasol's well placed to make bucket loads of loot in the medium to long term cos of their coal to liquid technology especially with most of the cheap oil having already been extracted..

I took this pic in December last year. Was on a harbour trip in Hamburg, Germany and bam! There it was - a ma**ive Sasol banner, out came the cam. kodak moment. Don't know exactly what they are doing out there, but seems like big tings agwan with SASOL.

About dividends being paid out after the initial three year period, Not sure. But you can dfinitely sell at that point if you wish.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 07:09:25 PM by Naturelle »
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

fahfee

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/chiefmlu
Has any  of y'all bought into this?
It took me a long time to understand all that Jargon in the booklet and the call centre people only explain how to fill in teh form, which wa the least of my worries.
What I needed to know was - will the value of Inzalo shares equate to the value of oridnary sasol shares once the restriction period has ended? As in, if I wanna sell in 3 years time, will I be able to sell at the normal share price?

sup Nat?

I understood that you can only sell to a BEE complaint recipient (aka "black" or chinese) until the end of a ten year term! In that case does it really matter that you sell them at a normal share price? You will be restricted to sell them to a historically poor sector of the market therefore you might be forced to sell them cheaper than another shareholder who is not restricted. I must warn you that I know nothing about accounting so I might be totally wrong.
beatz:
http://soundcloud.com/chiefmlu

check my blog peeps!

chiefmlu.blogspot.com
twitter.com/chiefMlu

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

I understood that you can only sell to a BEE complaint recipient (aka "black" or chinese) until the end of a ten year term!

nah.. only a 3 year lock in period on the normal share offer..  the funded one has a longer lock in period..
don't understand ur apprehension about being forced to sell to another black person though.. they'll be sold at market value.. anyone know if any dividends will be paid during the lock in period?

suspect they insist on forcing you to sell to another black person to ensure greater representation of the "marginalised" on the JSE..
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 11:02:32 AM by afterbirth.of.morbid.souls »
--Plato

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-17
    • View Profile
ja. but just couldnt move on this though sham. pity. and shyt my bee candidature period is gonna run out one of these good days. and then ill be sorry. but ke hardy.

love the campaigns use of mak manaka and lebo mashile though.
- soul activist. poet. flower. fairy -

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
love the campaigns use of mak manaka and lebo mashile though.

why the beef jozi rozie.. no mention of don mattera?
--Plato

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-17
    • View Profile
haha. its only that i havent had the pleasure. i have no doubt however that a stalwart such as tata mattera is too on point. with that feeding the soul of the nation business. 

i however declare myself mak manakas official number one cheerleader. always nice to see him get some shine.

the girl formerly known as jozi rozie.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 12:18:33 PM by BHLAKHROZE »
- soul activist. poet. flower. fairy -

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear

OOOOOOPPSS!!!!! My bad. Sorry I modified instead of quoting.  Askies.
 :-[ When I control zeed, it wouldn't budge.

Here's your original post:

Quote from: New,Jack on July 05, 2008, 07:01:54 am
1. Don't be fooled into believing that they are just into fuel - they are highly diversified.

2. As with the investment shares. ill pa**, i dont like to do something because its popular and everyone is doing it,especially when it comes to finances.

3. I recommend Sharenet.co.za or Fleetstreet Publication(www.fsp.co.za),where you will learn basics and start from scratch,how these things work.

1. reason sasol's in the industrials sector of the JSE & not merely resources is owing to how diversified they are.. reason i mentioned oil is cos of current discussions around 'peak oil'.. sasol's well placed to make bucket loads of loot in the medium to long term cos of their coal to liquid technology especially with most of the cheap oil having already been extracted..

2. your sentiment that you avoid fads is entirely correct.. however, saying you wouldn't invest in a company as it's popular is arguably the most spurious & flawed logic i've heard in a while.. share prices are by their very nature determined by investor expectations & market consensus.. not investing in a popular stock will likely lead to you buying into weakness.. i'm not one to advocate trying to time the market, but having done your fundamental analysis you ought to have conviction in your work.. popular or not.. unless of course you are a deep value contrarian investor ala allan gray or warren buffet.. wither way you're still timing the market & the driver of that share price will invaribly be investor sentiment.. ie. popularity..

3. an even better site is www.investopedia.com & a brilliant read on the functioning of the market & behavioural finance is "a random walk down wall street"

(i should add i do not for a second believe one can consistently out perform the market [ie. index funds].. just don't tell my boss)     

« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 08:49:32 am by afterbirth.of.morbid.souls » 

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
i definitely did not sleep on these.
i got a BIG STACK!!!! funded and cash.
I hope yall niggas got em mayn! its a good investment fa sho, i think they extended the cut off period to today
@cash_sog

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
the only snag was how unproffesional the SA post office was handlin this shit. i dont think they had the capacity to facilitate the initiative, but i commend all the BLACK PEOPLE who got theirs!
It was a bit sad tho seein so many indian,muslim,asian,and all types of other non white,but not exactly BLACK people filling up the queues.
When i went there i was like "SHIT! am i the only BLACK WITHOUT A DOUBT motherf***er here?"
NO disrespect tho,they entitled to it too, but i wud hav luvd to see more BLACK,BLACK PEOPLE quein up.especially for the FUNDED initiative, but yo "THE RICHER GET RICHER" is the song that was sung at them queues.

i got mine,i hope yall got yalls.
Its all white....black ;)
@cash_sog

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
I got my confirmation text. In there!
Can't help but wonder tho... Were the ads clandestine purposefuly?
Did people actually know and understand was was on offer?

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
Jack, I agree with you man. Popular stocks can be misleading (of course not all the time as Nat Says). A well known case in point is the dot.com bubble. Everyone was buying IT shares at the time. It was a trend. Then the bubble burst and we all know what happened. Didata went from more than R70 a share to less that R2 a share. Datatec went from R145.00 a share to less than R4.00 a share. Imagine that! Ad those stocks were very popular. So yeah, it is not always wise to a**ume that a popular stock will perform or that a stock is popular for good reasons. It could be a fad. As it turned out in many IT firms.

msdeane

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-13
  • Complex Simplicity
    • View Profile
i missed out on these one's money , stupid me has been knowin about there shares since last yr... But when you invest on the market, one thing they teach you is to not keep all yr eggs in one basket becoz as much as returns are good, there's a higher risk 2. I suggest ya'l go onto www.satrix.co.za, and perhaps attend seminars that they hold&also knw b4 hand wen ther'l be new shares 4sale
Msdeane the Queeeeeen!