Africasgateway.com

Voices From the City of Saints...

oints · 15 · 4344

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Audible Braile Entertainment and Rhodes Music Radio have teamed up with Sprite and Redbull to bring HipHop heads another extravaganza. known to many in Grahamstown as the "Voices from the City of Saints", this two day HipHop event has become an annual exhibition of not only B-Boyin, Emceein & Djin traits but of also short films, documentaries, books and seminars on the HipHop culture made, written and directed by fellow African scholars of the art. Moreover, talks deliverd by individuals who have over the years carved out livelihoods for themselves through the creation of various businesses that revolve around HipHop, provide insightful information to those who would also love to engage in such activities.

this year's event is a speacial one. unlike the past years, the roster of artists, poets, writers and short film makers will not only come from Grahamstown and neighbouring PE but will also boast guests from three other countries within the Southern African region aside from South Africa. Emcees, B-boys and film makers will be coming into Grahamstown from Lesotho, Zimbabwe & Botswana. the stage is set for a melting pot of diversity.

furthurmore, since the voices from the city of saints is more of a workshop rather than a mere gig/performance, a flee market type setting is adopted. here films, books, apparel, albums, beattapes, mixtapes and many other works of expression from artsists who will be present that day are sold to the public.

Date: 1 August...workshop/seminar on HipHop (discussions facilitated by HipHop journalists, writers, business men&women, documentarists)

Date: 2 August...live perfomances from a roster of artists and DJs.

workshop/seminar will be held: Rhodes University Music Dept....  2pm - 5:30pm
performances will be @:  Club Equilibrium (New Street)....   8pm till late

the workshop/seminar is free to all
for the live performances, R30 will be charged @ the door.

if @ all youre close to Grahamstown, ul do your best to get up here in August. its gon be crazy. aight then, nuf said..heres the poster....peace & respect :)

General In8

• luv God n hip hop
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +6/-6
    • View Profile
    • http://www.africasgateway.com
bummer, i wont be able to make it.... sounds dope though, grams is gonna be hot! :)
spread love in da music

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

Tumtum

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +1/-1
  • Wat's the answer? In that case, wats the question?
    • View Profile
    • Facebook(thats a website ok)
This is so necessary. Im trying my best to be there, so proud you guys are holding it down that side.  :)

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
streets is hella excited bou whats going to be happenin in the G in the month of August...i have earlier indicated that mixtapes, albums, beattapes, books and other jewels of expression will be available for consumption during this time...here i place a lil sneak preview of what cats been workin on during the course of this year...after i get permission from other artists il be sure to up more in due course for ur listening pleasure...

from THOT IN PARENTHESIS' beattape THIRD EYE RETAILER comes....THE LUNGS OF GOD (shine the light) ENJOY

LINK REMOVED/audio/155345126bbd3193/

had to edit the cover jus a bit so as not to give too much away....ONE

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile
are u guys documenting this? video, audio? would be nice to produce a dvd of what went down. if not please organise asap. and send me a free copy ;) ;) ;)

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
are u guys documenting this? video, audio? would be nice to produce a dvd of what went down. if not please organise asap. and send me a free copy ;) ;) ;)

without a question, already been organised. commisioned the help of a couple of students from the Rhodes Unviersity Journalism department. and as im sure Rob one can vouch for me on this one, they are highly skilled individuals.

when ready i will be sure to make an electronic copy available for heads over here, and yes...FOR FREE.  ;)

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Council of the Elders front man the Illa Thot Creeper Reborn (R.I.P) dropped HEAT for the streets an Ep he never saw sent out to the public due to his untimely death. here is a snipet of an album that is sure to have the ma**es nodding they heads for years to come...the single to that street banger, also happens ot be the title track to the album...

LINK REMOVED/audio/15539463359aa568/ (last descendant of legends)

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
i am proud to inform everyone here interested that preparations for the 2day HipHop fesitval planned for the upcoming month of August in the city of Grahamstown are running smoothly, its going to be a grand event...

of the merchandise that is to be sold & given out for free beattapes aswell as mixtapes are going to form a significant part of the package...ive been working with emcees & producers alike on my own sophmore project: The Golden Chariots Vol2 (the sacred Bloodlines).

most of the cats i worked with on this project havent even seen the cover let alone heard the tracks, so its going to be a suprice all round. here i place the cover for u to eyeball. the project has been completed, im just having some problems with packaging and the legalities sorrounding intellectual property, holding my thumbs...

production comes from myself, Alias, The Rebbi, Phill the Kritik, Makhi the Heartbeat, Lyrical TiP and the Keyman Anonymous...

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
many individual artists and all round scholars of the HipHop culture have shown immence support for this initiative...here i place an amended copy of the poster as it stands now after the inclusion the latest talent to requset a spot.ONE....  :)

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile

without a question, already been organised. commisioned the help of a couple of students from the Rhodes Unviersity Journalism department. and as im sure Rob one can vouch for me on this one, they are highly skilled individuals.

when ready i will be sure to make an electronic copy available for heads over here, and yes...FOR FREE.  ;)

ahweeness!!

Tumtum

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +1/-1
  • Wat's the answer? In that case, wats the question?
    • View Profile
    • Facebook(thats a website ok)
Council of the Elders front man the Illa Thot Creeper Reborn (R.I.P) dropped HEAT for the streets an Ep he never saw sent out to the public due to his untimely death. here is a snipet of an album that is sure to have the ma**es nodding they heads for years to come...the single to that street banger, also happens ot be the title track to the album...

LINK REMOVED/audio/15539463359aa568/ (last descendant of legends)

Tata Creeper! Nice...it be the last, last descendants of legends...

blakrok

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-2
  • Roll Another One, Kid!
    • View Profile
    • BlakOut - The Original Soulah Soloist