Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Groupie Love

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
What's up with SA Hip Hop groups Breaking Up all the time? Every week, a group splits up. Anyone noticed this?
Optical Ill (Logic and battle Kat gone)
The LandMynz (Mr C leaving the starting the Federation)
Saudi Westerns (giving Pro Kid the middle finger)
Cashless Society (I understand some old members aint rolling with the crew anymore)
Jozi (with Lu stabbing Ish)
The Monopoly (Young Zulu gone)
Entity
Nymphonik Bastards of the Universe (Lox is in J sec and I hear that he does not want to be part of the group anymore)
Hidden Force (ditching Hoodlum)
Township Frequency (showing Wikid the middle finger and Wikid begging them dudes to take him back)

I hear there’s more to come. I hear that the Glitz is about to kick out Zee Supreme and the Crackboys are about to ditch K9 the Pedigree and Bondizzle the Boss. And I bet groups like Groundworks will not put another record as a crew / a compilation again. + What happened to Life forces?

What’s going on?

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-22
    • View Profile
simple... too little profit, too many members...  ;)

Taf1

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-5
  • Of deluded minds and manipulated opinions
    • View Profile

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
hahahaa!!!!
yeah i was on the chopping block too!
k9 issued a letter of dismissal to me,which was approved by bondizzo, but the legal system was on my side and it backfired on them, now they are under investigation for corruption and racketeering charges. and are currently suspended with full pay!

hahahahaha!

What can i say, its the example from our fathers! SAP,Scorpions, ANC,DA, IFP,SABC. hahhaha
@cash_sog

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Cash's ravings aside, it is an interesting point. I think most people underestimate just how tough it is for one person to survive in the SA music industry, let alone a group. There are a lot more issues at stake and people aren't always emotionally mature enough to deal with them. That, or they become a victim of their own hype when they're unable to deliver consistently.

Example: Optical Ill. Failed to keep the movement going after the last LP. Saudi Westerns - too unmanageable, too many members and not enough financial sense. Entity - great group, but after Creative Kingdom went bust they didn't have the backing or knowledge to survive (nice to see the individual members still at work though).

I hate the Monopoly's music, but I have to give it to them: from what I can see (and I stand to be corrected) they at least remain one of the more united crews around, Zee aside. We'll see if they last.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
more money more issues
correction ;)(in terms of SA hiphop) - NO money more issues!
@cash_sog

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
An important thing you must remember about groups is that they are formed out of common interest.

A group could be formed on the basis that the members like Hip Hop or similar styles of hiphop. So the foundation is not neccarily strong... After a while personalities start to come out and you start to get to know someone. And relationships can break because of that.

But its pretty much the same with life, we all have friends that were no longer cool with for whatever reason. Its just life. We grow apart. Just unfortunate that because of their public nature, groups are put in the spotlight.
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • View Profile

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile
now they are under investigation

by who, the fashion police?  ::)

Damn, Che's on fire today, Denzel ain't got jack on u

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Problem with groups is that everybody thinks they know,even when they don't.Cats are not willing to fall back and let someone who knows what they talking about take on the lead role.We all got opinions.We all got ideas that we wanna see materialize.Nobody is willing to sacrifice for the greater course.Everybody's got an opinion.THE RADIO SINGLE,the album COVER,how much to sell the product for,how the VIDEO should be,etc,etc.Normally these are issues that should be owned by the Record Company,with the artists input obviously.But since the label is the primary investor they should make the final call regarding such issues.Most of us are still Indie,so normally, the members of the group are equal Investors/Share Holders in the project.Hence everybody wants to have their little say.Too many ego's, which eventually lead to demise of the clique.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

mphossiblepunkstah

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +7/-10
  • im a BEAUTIFUL MESS.....
    • View Profile
now they are under investigation

by who, the fashion police?  ::)

hahahahahah :D
mind is what im made of
where my spoken word is formed
lie not for this here is what mind is

the re-birth of me....the potrait of life

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile
Problem with groups is that everybody thinks they know,even when they don't.Cats are not willing to fall back and let someone who knows what they talking about take on the lead role.We all got opinions.We all got ideas that we wanna see materialize.Nobody is willing to sacrifice for the greater course.Everybody's got an opinion.THE RADIO SINGLE,the album COVER,how much to sell the product for,how the VIDEO should be,etc,etc.Normally these are issues that should be owned by the Record Company,with the artists input obviously.But since the label is the primary investor they should make the final call regarding such issues.Most of us are still Indie,so normally, the members of the group are equal Investors/Share Holders in the project.Hence everybody wants to have their little say.Too many ego's, which eventually lead to demise of the clique.

well said..
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Lol@ Che ;D
I see u got a ether manual from Pyro!
Nice!
Keep reading tho,ur still on the introduction level. ;)
@cash_sog

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Lol@ Che ;D
I see u got a ether manual from Pyro!
Nice!
Keep reading tho,ur still on the introduction level. ;)

it's all jokes man... no ethering intended...  ;)

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
Problem with groups is that everybody thinks they know,even when they don't.Cats are not willing to fall back and let someone who knows what they talking about take on the lead role.

I have seen this quite a few times.