Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

The Lack of New Blood in PTA Producer (Show Me a Hot Beat Dropper under 20)

Gene Gray

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
Think Pretoria and Production, first name that comes to mind...Nyambz, for those who are clued up to the not far from the mic workings...Krucial comes up, we can forget the running horse that came from nowhere AQ. then there's Thir[13]Teen, who face it deals his trade in Jozi but has contributed to the PTA scene.

Mizi is also another one, but the HYPE job got locked to Mircosoft Word and Outlook too much for him to quickly Alt-Tab to ACiD or whatever these shy maestro kids use nowadays...Then we can't forget the Dark Horse of CapCity production...BlekSperm...still wonder where that name came from...a.k.a Daddy Dearest to AGians who has come through with a fresh feel to the production game and my opinion give Nyambz a refreshing run for his dough which could see a revival in the creativeness and solidness of the sounds coming of Pretoria...

But the question is here...where the kids at, that are hungrily bootlegging music software just push the limits of their creativity and ideas...hustling MC's to ride on their beats and not despondent by the rejections they get...

In my opinion, its rather sad when all you hear is the same old trusted names, yes they guarantee the results but the feeling of excitement when you hear that tight beat and you wonder how come you never heard of this cat. 

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
but the HYPE job got locked to Mircosoft Word and Outlook too much for him to quickly Alt-Tab to ACiD or whatever these shy maestro kids use nowadays

:) nice techno play there...

i feel you thou, nuf respect to the cats whove hustled their way to the public eye/ear down there. with that said maybe the only way for the young guns to get shine is to read the manuals...what im sayin is the question we should be askin is how the well recognised names got acclaim in the first place...follow the same hustling techniques maybe to find ones own spotlight

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
  • www.roachinc.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
Think Pretoria and Production, first name that comes to mind...Nyambz, for those who are clued up to the not far from the mic workings...Krucial comes up, we can forget the running horse that came from nowhere AQ. then there's Thir[13]Teen, who face it deals his trade in Jozi but has contributed to the PTA scene.

Mizi is also another one, but the HYPE job got locked to Mircosoft Word and Outlook too much for him to quickly Alt-Tab to ACiD or whatever these shy maestro kids use nowadays...Then we can't forget the Dark Horse of CapCity production...BlekSperm...still wonder where that name came from...a.k.a Daddy Dearest to AGians who has come through with a fresh feel to the production game and my opinion give Nyambz a refreshing run for his dough which could see a revival in the creativeness and solidness of the sounds coming of Pretoria...

But the question is here...where the kids at, that are hungrily bootlegging music software just push the limits of their creativity and ideas...hustling MC's to ride on their beats and not despondent by the rejections they get...

In my opinion, its rather sad when all you hear is the same old trusted names, yes they guarantee the results but the feeling of excitement when you hear that tight beat and you wonder how come you never heard of this cat. 

O....k

as for AQ, he's been around for mad ages, and he's one of the nicesest Producers from cap City. dude's game is on point, but talking about new blood, dont sleep on Wax Lyrikal and Floowid Flo, dem cats is really crazy, cookin up some storm, listen to the Beat Oven Mixtape Vol 4, wax Lyrikal brought some mad heat there with Floowid also kicking a**. so i think there is serious hope for PTA still, i mean thir[13]teen, still does give beats to cap city cats, but i suppose its no longer any1 who does get a 13 beat, same goes for nyambs and AQ. i havent heard much of the new Krushal heat, but cats b telling me he o fire. actually the whole of gra**roots stars, them boys r crazy, zwane and them, they just need to come out with their ish more.
N'veigh's Album ,titled 7.30, dropping on 7.30

The CHEF

• CapCity's hard-working producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-14
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bleksperm
WOW!

I am honored that Im mentioned amongst names such as those. Funny that only yesterday you were dissing me >:( - Pissed me off. I think me and you once met - Imma f@ck you up when I see you! Delete my mail addy from yo contacts nicca!

Anyway, back to the topic. I fully agree that there is a lack, but not only in CapCity, but the rest of SA. Ok, hold on. Let me come back to CapCity. A whole lot has happened, and for some reason, ppl have labeled my work besides likes of Ba4Za in general or Hakeem in particular, then comes Ondagrnd. What they dont know is that, behind the scenes, I do a whole lot of work with other aspiring artists or producers. Eg. I now produce an EC cat whose based in CapCity, and Lord knows, he's waiting for that suicidal bomber to pull the plug **

MC's

I am sorry to say, you still see raw untapped talent on the streets, but its either when you approach nicca/z to do something, they feel that you playing or they cant approach yo a** cuz they intimidated.

PRODUCERS

There's a lot of producers in CapCity, believe me you Mr Gray. I am one of them...  ::) * Ok - i aint that new cuz I been on this for years with no capacity to be out there...still Im hustling to, but other producers face that same dilemma. Its all about them having to get that *break out* point in their career....

But - I honestly feel it all boils down to starting here:

- How serious does one take himself and his music, and
- what measures does one take to get himself out there.

By all means - I timelessly ask ppl to lend in a hand and I lend in mine too.

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa
i cant BELIEVE i wasnt mentioned! >:(. i mean cmon nw, im 15! how much younger must i be marre hanne you catz donno where i stay. ill forgive this time though

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa

tHIR[13]tEen

• The dude you've never met
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +6/-3
  • I'm really into Kwaito, Hip Hop is just a foot in the door...
    • View Profile
    • Press Play Music
Gene Gray... :-\
I, myself cannot make beats so i sell you those of others. It's a fair trade

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa
^^^^ lol, i ws thinkin the same thing.... yo so we thir13teen online now. welcome man...,....,................. and im still insulted for being undermined >:(

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com
In Jozi its crazy kids poppin out from everywhere, look out 4 Thundacut a 15 yr old kid, he did AINT NO THING 4 Morale
9 tha Pedigree

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
Lots of new young talent in the city. Wax lyrical, fluid flow etc, these dudes have crazy potential. Its just a matter of sitting back and waiting for the natural progression of things. Dudes will come out when their ready. Lets not rush them to come out at 70% when we can wait and let them come out at 100%. We just need to encourage them.
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa

mtho87

• Baba Mfundisi
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
  • no gift is without a giver
    • View Profile
yeh lets talk bout younginz in da whole of jozi, under 20 or sumwer ther nd moving ish on da boards.

bt truthfully therz quiet a numba these days Blk Knight(SOS), K-O Man,Mo Katalyst, Thir(13)teen

Angithi nt much is cumin out so you wudnt really knw bout em unless you close to a kid who makes beats nd bumps his stuff on da regular.
heaven is mine.....

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa

Makhi The Heart Beat

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +1/-10
    • View Profile
i dont think you can have a producer under 20, with a very few exceptions of cause, like prerequisite when he came out he was hot and only 19. I think at below 20, you still in a phase, you still checking this shit out.
Its beyond/

The Elders are above all/

Above all!!/

- Bongani krushen Cripper Demka...

R.I.P my brother I miss you so much.