Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

WATHINT' ABAFAZI WATHINT' IMBOKODO

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-17
    • View Profile
i wasnt gonna bother but maybe i should. maybe i should.

history is so often about choices. its about how we choose to remember. and whether we remember at all infact.

womans day is not a day pulled out of the air. its not another one of those. its not about buying anything. no one has to buy anyone pink candy or balloons. its not about doing anything one would normally not do. its not a once off. its not not about debated gestures. its not about that. i think to look at it in this way is to miss the point completely. its not about what should or shouldnt be happening. its about what it is. 

its a chronicle. testament. it is about a specific moment in time. when something significant happened here. when the women of this country marched to the union buidling in defiance against an oppressive system. more specifically against pa** laws. 9 august 1956. it may not seem so big today because so many things have changed are changing that make some of these things seem light. the women then had far less rights. rights to themselves even. rights to their own self determination. what they did that day was huge. huge in so far as women were even more disenfranchised and affected under the sytem. they got up and did something about it. they a**umed the power to. they gave it to themselves.

so it may be that it matters not whether you make your woman breakfast in bed today or treat her with the respect that may be due to her on an everyday basis. its not really about bestowing really. what todays purpose may be is that of reminder to women in our society who are so often stuck or disempowered in whatever way as single mothers. rape victims or people trying to improve their lives. that they possess the force and the strength unto themselves. most importantly that they have their place in society. thats its there. its not something someone gives you. its something you have.

what is being celebrated here is not women as in need of anything. its a celebration and an affirmation of a strength that is already in existence. the gift of a legacy that should remain in our memory.

and i would wish all women a respect of self.
- soul activist. poet. flower. fairy -

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog
This is beautifully written :'(, I really wish all the women had the priviledge that we on AG have of reading this on women's day rather than all the junk forced down our throats in the media. hope u have a great woman"s day as well :-*
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 05:44:12 PM by ugly Betty »
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

BHLAKHROZE

• A POETRY OF LIVING
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-17
    • View Profile
ugly betty. thank YOU for a kindness that builds.

its about what we are sharing right now. this is what its about.

* HUG *
- soul activist. poet. flower. fairy -

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear

msdeane

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-13
  • Complex Simplicity
    • View Profile
i wasnt gonna bother but maybe i should. maybe i should.

history is so often about choices. its about how we choose to remember. and whether we remember at all infact.

womans day is not a day pulled out of the air. its not another one of those. its not about buying anything. no one has to buy anyone pink candy or balloons. its not about doing anything one would normally not do. its not a once off. its not not about debated gestures. its not about that. i think to look at it in this way is to miss the point completely. its not about what should or shouldnt be happening. its about what it is. 

its a chronicle. testament. it is about a specific moment in time. when something significant happened here. when the women of this country marched to the union buidling in defiance against an oppressive system. more specifically against pa** laws. 9 august 1956. it may not seem so big today because so many things have changed are changing that make some of these things seem light. the women then had far less rights. rights to themselves even. rights to their own self determination. what they did that day was huge. huge in so far as women were even more disenfranchised and affected under the sytem. they got up and did something about it. they a**umed the power to. they gave it to themselves.

so it may be that it matters not whether you make your woman breakfast in bed today or treat her with the respect that may be due to her on an everyday basis. its not really about bestowing really. what todays purpose may be is that of reminder to women in our society who are so often stuck or disempowered in whatever way as single mothers. rape victims or people trying to improve their lives. that they possess the force and the strength unto themselves. most importantly that they have their place in society. thats its there. its not something someone gives you. its something you have.

what is being celebrated here is not women as in need of anything. its a celebration and an affirmation of a strength that is already in existence. the gift of a legacy that should remain in our memory.

and i would wish all women a respect of self.
  wow! This is the greatest gift i have received to date as a woman! You have truely acknowledged women and reinforced the respect due to us. And for that, id like to say thank u...
Msdeane the Queeeeeen!

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile
^^^^ :o :o :o ::) ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 05:57:27 PM by E.K.K.$, The "Untshwarable" »

afterbirth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
    • View Profile

word..
we can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato