Ol Skool Batch O Beats

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo
I found a beat CD from when i was 16years old, last year.. The disc even started yellowing with age..

Decided to expose myself and upload the joints. Because the CD was so old and scratched i only managed to rip 4 of the 12 beats on it.

Sharebee Zip-Heads Download
Mediafire Zip-Heads Download

A window into my past...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 08:16:46 AM by NyambinO the Jeweler »
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +23/-26
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik
Interesting, anyone here in high school? might wanna have a skill check and see if you gonna make it in the industry.

Nyambo if i may ask, when you listen to these joints now, and you look back at you attitude and quality of this material, what do you say to yourself? Did you feel like you were hot back then? and do you feel you are hot now?

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile
I found a beat CD from when i was 16years old, last year..

Sharebee Zip-Heads Download
Mediafire Zip-Heads Download

A window into my past...

From the bloded text above, does that make you 17 years old this year,lol.... Ama peep these ASAP...

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
@ EKKS, nope i'm 23 now. THe bold text says i found a cd from when i was 16years old, last year...sorry for the ambiguity.

@ The Rebbi, I'm not sure what you mean by attitude? That is somethinh you'd have to clarify a little bit for me...

I think i was hungrier back there. I enjoyed making beats.. Somewhere along the lines i lost that enjoyment.. Now i have a better technical foundation than i did as a teen.., I only wish i had the knowledge i had now back then... Incidently, now i wish i had the enjoyment and creativity i had back then.

So its a weird place to be in.. I hope this answered your question?

This is what i used to use back then for beats when i started. Its a tracker, small useful program. Its by no means user friendly, mostly techno and trance DJ's and Producers use it. But for me and my pentium 1 pc with a hundred mb hard drive, it was a handy tool weighting in at less than a megabyte.

MODPlug Central
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 04:50:06 PM by NyambinO the Jeweler »
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik
It sorta does. I just wanted to know how you felt about your beats back then and how you feel about them now. Did you feel they were hot? and do you now still think they are hot?

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
I think i will always think their hot... Those beats were made with enjoyment and genuine love. They were made in an environment (Harrismith, free state) where i was pretty much the only one making beats.. And the equipment i had was very limited. I dont know if the kids today understand what a pentium 1 is. That was what i had. With a 100mb hard drive. Working with stiffy discs. That you had to treat with care because they'd damage easy. It was way different back then, and with all those limitations those beats signify a personal triumph for me. Plus i was self taught, no dvds, certainly no youtube, no vsti's or sequencers like cubase or acid. All i had was that tracker and a digital drum machine, all under 2mb, running off windows 98.

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
I didnt have the capacity or knowledge to do meaningfull ba**lines back then. So that's probably what i dont like about my old stuff. But they were special to me, i have fond memories of all those beats. I.e the day, i made them, how i felt afterwards, the emotion.

At the time, locally, my bench mark was Draztik, Infa, Xamount, Snazz D. They were making beats that i felt were doper and i was just trying to get to their level... At that the time internationaly i was tryin to get to cats like mphazes, styalz, soleternity, ant ill acurate, don cannon illmind, etc, coz these dudes were already churning out monster beats on mp3.com back in 2000/2001. So i have an 8year history being fans of guys that people have only recently started embracing.

I feel i could've been at that level too. But the local industry killed my pa**ion and ambition. Now suddenly i had to make beats to prove points that im good, and the fun got sucked out of it. It was uneccesarily competitive, the industry is built so that only one person can be hot at a time. When in actual fact there is space for everyone. The states has space for dre, primo, alchemist, cool n dre, kanye west, scott storch etc. Same situation in France and Germany etc.

But SA'S industry is unecesarily competitive. I came out and media made it a battlekat or me situation, or whoever and whoever. It killed it for me and i buckled under that pressure, especially after my brothers death.

Alcatel

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +2/-3
  • wa gwan?
    • View Profile
u still got "def tha blind?"

http://www.sendspace.com/file/m7dull
a ha ha ha ha ha ah ah ah! AHa ahh aa a a.....

Killa Merc

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-22
    • View Profile
... in actual fact there is space for everyone. The states has space for dre, primo, alchemist, cool n dre, kanye west, scott storch etc. Same situation in France and Germany etc.

But SA'S industry is unecesarily competitive. I came out and media made it a battlekat or me situation, or whoever and whoever. It killed it for me and i buckled under that pressure, especially after my brothers death.

I just hope people can be as open minded about SA hip hop. including about artists or groups. It's like 80% of heads feel there should be space for one kind of style in SA hip hop. this tunnel vision is not helping SA hip hop at all. it's amazing how many producers and artsists are slept on because they are not sos and so or have not worked with so and so.

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile

I feel i could've been at that level too. But the local industry killed my pa**ion and ambition. Now suddenly i had to make beats to prove points that im good, and the fun got sucked out of it. It was uneccesarily competitive, the industry is built so that only one person can be hot at a time. When in actual fact there is space for everyone. The states has space for dre, primo, alchemist, cool n dre, kanye west, scott storch etc. Same situation in France and Germany etc.

real talk that there..

Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-0
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ
reminds me of shit I used to mix to ca**ette back in '00-'02 using.. yes
Windows Sound Recorder, CoolEdit & some Propellerhead Drum Machine etc.

Like you said, making beats with enjoyment and genuine love is difficult to maintain in this sense conscious world...
I'll peep them beat tapes..

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik
I think i will always think their hot... Those beats were made with enjoyment and genuine love. They were made in an environment (Harrismith, free state) where i was pretty much the only one making beats.. And the equipment i had was very limited. I dont know if the kids today understand what a pentium 1 is. That was what i had. With a 100mb hard drive. Working with stiffy discs. That you had to treat with care because they'd damage easy. It was way different back then, and with all those limitations those beats signify a personal triumph for me. Plus i was self taught, no dvds, certainly no youtube, no vsti's or sequencers like cubase or acid. All i had was that tracker and a digital drum machine, all under 2mb, running off windows 98.

I remember them days. I was also up in this era, i had a pentium 1, 106mb harddrive. But i was on ejay and fl 3. I moved to a 10gb then i felt like king. All that was lost in a flash, i then moved on to a pentium 2 where i saw fl 3.56, that lasted for a year or 2. I only recently upgraded to a pentium 4(3-4 years ago). I never had money to buy any hardware equipment, even till today i still have to save up for that shit, in a couple of months ima get my 1st monitor speakers...
But i still have the love, i got the pa**ion, i give my beats to Kats who got the same type of love i have for hip hop.
I was taught by some guy by the name of Kundai, he still in the industry, mixtape is droping soon, will up one of the tracks i did for him. He does my mastering and mixing, he's now a sound engineer.

And as you say nyambo the hip hop recognition is way different from the international isht, thats why some of us would rather stay underground and hidden.

DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpeeweeproductionz

I say this with the utmost sincerity..this shit is still dope... and i still feel that u still have the mental strength to come back and find the fun again... maybe start again.. by working on someone thats hungry and nothing major...

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik

I say this with the utmost sincerity..this shit is still dope... and i still feel that u still have the mental strength to come back and find the fun again... maybe start again.. by working on someone thats hungry and nothing major...

he has a good point nyambo. Better yet, teach a young learner and try fix your mistakes with him/her.

Knowledge

• What a dream. Life is an illusion
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-2
    • View Profile
Peace.
They still sounding nice.So yo ish bn sounding proper since day one.

Yo Nyambo who is yo favourite Hip Hop producer that stands out above the rest.
Judging not from the hits they've had but from their sound and technicallity on beats?