Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
  • www.roachinc.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
NEWS:
Written By Cyrus Langhorne

New York rappers 50 Cent, Jay-Z, and Diddy landed the first three spots on Forbes’ annual “Top 20 Richest Hip Hopreneurs” list again this year, yet this time Fif beat out Jay for the top slot.

According to Forbes, 50 earned $150 million over the past 12 months with deals including his Vitamin Water Formula 50 stake being sold to Coca-Cola for $100 million last summer, as well as profits from his record label, films, videogames and albums. Hoping to hold on to the Number 1 position, the G-Unit Boss is currently prepping the launch of a mining partnership with South African billionaire Patrice Motsepe.

Sliding down one notch this year is Jigga who despite banking $150 million on a 10-year deal with Live Nation and releasing the platinum album American Gangster, has pocketed $82 million. With partial ownership in the NBA’s New Jersey Nets, his 40/40 sports club franchise and various advertising deals with Dell and Budweiser, Jay may be able to recapture the No. 1 spot next year.

Diddy shows competitors he’s still running the city banking in $35 million off his Sean John clothing line, his Bad Boy record label and his VH1 and MTV reality shows. This year he also partnered with Ciroc vodka and continues his work as a rapper and producer with his superstar acts like Ca**ie and Day 26.

Kanye West landed in the number 4 slot this year banking $30 million off of the success of his last release, the multi-platinum selling Graduation, as well as his highly successful “Glow In The Dark” tour. Kanye is also looking to expand his empire with plans for a clothing company, an HBO series and the opening of a chain of “Fatburger” restaurants throughout his home town of Chicago.

Despite not exclusively producing Jay-Z’s upcoming Blueprint 3 album, mega-producer Timbaland, earned the number 5 spot, raking in $22 million this year. With stellar production on hits from a slew of pop, R&B and hip-hop artists, including Justin Timberlake and Nelly Furtado, Timbo was also able to line his pockets off of the success of his own platinum selling album, Shock Value.

One half of The Neptunes, Pharrell Williams, has stepped onto the scene with $20 million off designer credits on Louis Vuitton sungla**es, apparel lines, and his group album N.E.R.D.’s summer release. Another popular producer, Swizz Beatz, made the top 10 as he made $17 million this year.

Snoop Dogg grabbed $16 million this year from his reality series “Snoop Dogg’s Father Hood” on the E! network and his Ego Trippin’ album last March. Following behind his long-time friend is quiet but deadly producer Dr. Dre making a solid $15 million this year, solely off of his monster catalog of past hits.

Rapper/actor Ludacris followed with $14 million off of various movie deals. Former rap rival T.I. precedes Luda tying with the self-proclaimed “Greatest Rapper Alive” Lil’ Wayne making $13 million this year.

Although he has yet to release an album since 2004, Eminem continues to profit as a three-way tie with conscious minded rapper Common and hitmaker Akon for has them all making $12 million. Dirty South mega producers Jermaine Dupri and Lil’ Jon have made things hot with annual profits of $11 million while Outkast, Chamillionaire and The Game all tie for last place, earning $10 million.

N'veigh's Album ,titled 7.30, dropping on 7.30

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
Dayum, Doc Dre n Em still making that much dough with no projects out?

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
yeah suprising Em still up there

big ups to common for making the list....he's come a long way
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
doesnt em and dre still make dough of fiddy's releases anymore!?
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile

DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpeeweeproductionz

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Damn wheres all those rappers that talk every sentence that money shit that be walking around in all that jewelry,ah well rappers are lying anyways.Real Niggaz like Game and Common dont brag about money in the Bank yet still on the list they caked out thats real shit.But damn rappers are lying where are they in the list?

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
Chamillionaire still made 10 mill??? FROM WHAT????? guess dude is ridin dirty :-\

;D ;D ;D i guess he still is. i understand he's got other sideline businesses, like some PIMP MY RIDE car makeover gettups, so dat must b making him some dough.

as for Em and dre making dough off fif, i mean this is for 2008 right, how much dough could fif have made off music for Doc and Em to be up o da list? nt unless dre's expensiv Headphones r moving serious units and as for em, im finding it a bit difficult to really understand where dat dough cuold b comign from, i guess Americans still coping, Slim Shady LP, MArshal Mathers and all them getups?

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I think its a case of investing in a lot of non-hip hop ventures and getting paid off that.

Artists don't make that much off royalties anyway, so they must be getting money from stuff like they're booze lines and endorsements and stuff.

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
Damn wheres all those rappers that talk every sentence that money shit that be walking around in all that jewelry,ah well rappers are lying anyways.Real Niggaz like Game and Common dont brag about money in the Bank yet still on the list they caked out thats real shit.But damn rappers are lying where are they in the list?

yeah like wheres Rick Ross LOL!!! or Plies
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc

i wanna know where r cats like ur Master Ace's and them on these lists, i mean the Roots and a whole lot o cats who making good Music. eish its rough, i think i need to look for a relative thats related to patrice Motsepe, im sure i can dig hard enuff. maybe he can negotiate me a deal with Fif,  ;D ;D

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile

SUPER RUTHLESS

• SOUTH OF A
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +24/-20
  • New South Movement
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Men Entertainment

i wanna know where r cats like ur Master Ace's and them on these lists, i mean the Roots and a whole lot o cats who making good Music.

Its a case of them being good musicians but not good businessmen....

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc

i wanna know where r cats like ur Master Ace's and them on these lists, i mean the Roots and a whole lot o cats who making good Music.

Its a case of them being good musicians but not good businessmen....

u so correct Ruthless. i think also when cats get in da game they must make sure they r happy with the fruits o their decisions. its a bit of a conundrum if u ask me, at one point in time, Good music got you good dough so u automatically were a good biznessman. but i suppose those were the old days, now a good businessman could sell u some ish u dont even need.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
May also be a case of people doing what they do, simply because they love it and don't feel the need to branch out into other ventures, because what they make now is enough for them.

Don't think that all the money that Fiddy and Jigga have came from strictly hip hop. I'm sure that they earned much more from non hip hop ventures, such as Formula Fifty and Jiggas vodka and Heineken shit.

Since Masta Ace and these cats don't live that in your face lbing kind of lifestyle, they aren't likely to be seen as brand icons, and they simply make music.