Africasgateway.com

HYPE AWARDS

rob_one · 48 · 14312

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
credibility, credibility, credibility....

i knew it was a farce when i didnt see goldmine records on that list
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 09:09:11 AM by Bobby Lancastre »
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
I was really surprised not to see you guys on the list. Especially the amount of work you've done showcasing SA hiphop artists, locally and abroad. And just the amount of media coverage u guys have had. U really were the stand out label of the last two years. Its a pity.

I guess what's also bad for us is that the awards have come too early - we have two major albums dropping next month which won't count for anything (in terms of awards for 2008).

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-22
    • View Profile
no maxnormal.tv = f*** that shitty list of nominees

SUPER RUTHLESS

• SOUTH OF A
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +24/-20
  • New South Movement
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Men Entertainment
credibility, credibility, credibility....

i knew it was a farce when i didnt see goldmine records on that list

LMAO

im sure with his upcoming album, Mad Raper will def make the list next year

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
LOL

I was at the marketing what what that they had at the dome yesterday and I was also suprised about the producers nominee list! But it the awards we all going to be upset and unhappy with this and that! like video of the year I thought crackboys would have been nominatee for "N**** PLease" its a hot video. and once again group of the year should have been "Crackboys nominateed" cause with all due respect they did work there a**'s off this year.

Lets also be greatful to the fact that Hype Awards have finally come to life and its hopefully going to be an annual event! Except next year rather lets let the readers nominatee who they feel should be there, that way we dont get upset and people get what they want  :)

Enis21

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +5/-13
    • View Profile
SMH...
Think they should of made some of graff writers judges not nominees...cause who's gonna be judging them? Revok and Saber?

but i can't front about some of the out-of-the-box categories...
"Stuck with yourself like the rest of us"

mtho87

• Baba Mfundisi
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
  • no gift is without a giver
    • View Profile
Producer of the year:
37 mph??....gud quality, bt really?
Bongani Fa**ie ?? not sure
IV League ??...what else have you done???
Dome ?? not sure
Don Juan (Octave Couplet)....ya for tha club bangaz..

Flip man.Mayb I have been sleeping on some of these ppl's projects. Non of them eva gorged my ear wax. Im at a loss for words man...... dissapointing.

Hype should jus take a walk on tha streets.

K-O Man, Thirteen, Wax Lyrikal, Gemini, ProChrist, Lanmarq, AQ, Mo Katalyst, eish ...........???
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 10:04:12 AM by mtho87 »
heaven is mine.....

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Just had a proper look at this list of nominees and I don't get it.

Does this mean that the only places where we have hip hop in SA is Joburg and Pretoria? Besides the few Motswako cats those are the only nominees if I'm not mistaken.

Pioneer unit should really have been on there.

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
hype, is hype! dont know why everyone is acting suprised
i had been complaining about the fact the hype dwelled on the same artists in all their issues ages ago. i stopped complaining cos i dont buy the mag, so its not like im loosing doe anyway.
im also shocked at how p-unit didnt make the cut. if im not mistaken, ben sharpa is making power moves in europe??
guess thats not enough.

in fact im starting a new thread
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog

Lets also be greatful to the fact that Hype Awards have finally come to life and its hopefully going to be an annual event!

True thAT..
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Just had a proper look at this list of nominees and I don't get it.

Does this mean that the only places where we have hip hop in SA is Joburg and Pretoria? Besides the few Motswako cats those are the only nominees if I'm not mistaken.

Driemanskap were nominated - they are from Gugulethu in Cape Town. Battle of Gugs Vol. 2 (which features Driemanskap and Ill Literate Skills from Gugulethu, Cape Town) was also nominated.

Pioneer unit should really have been on there.

Yeah,,, I agree! :)

General In8

• luv God n hip hop
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +6/-6
    • View Profile
    • http://www.africasgateway.com
the list is sad... is that really the best of sa hip hop??? i mean with all the stuff thats on the streets.....
spread love in da music

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
hype, is hype! dont know why everyone is acting suprised
i had been complaining about the fact the hype dwelled on the same artists in all their issues ages ago. i stopped complaining cos i dont buy the mag, so its not like im loosing doe anyway.
im also shocked at how p-unit didnt make the cut. if im not mistaken, ben sharpa is making power moves in europe??
guess thats not enough.

in fact im starting a new thread

To be fair to Mizi, Simone and Lez, Pioneer Unit has been mentioned / featured in every issue of Hype magazine for the last year or so, so I can't really complain.

Alias

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +2/-2
    • View Profile
I Guess Its The First Hype Awards, So There Are Going To Be Teathing Problems. Pioneer Unit Should Have Been On The Indie For Sure. Nyambz, Mizi, Antihero, Thir(13)teen, D Mongs, Mo Katalyst, D Planet, Omen And Whole Bunch Of Dope Producers  Should Have Been On The Prducers List. But Its A Work In Progress. Big Ups To Mizi And The Hype Crew. Good Luck With The Event, Wish I Was Going To Be There.

@ Explicit
Give Me A Breakdown Of The Awards My Brother, Be My Eyes And Ears. By The Way Hows The Writing?

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
I Guess Its The First Hype Awards, So There Are Going To Be Teathing Problems. Pioneer Unit Should Have Been On The Indie For Sure. Nyambz, Mizi, Antihero, Thir(13)teen, D Mongs, Mo Katalyst, D Planet, Omen And Whole Bunch Of Dope Producers  Should Have Been On The Prducers List. But Its A Work In Progress. Big Ups To Mizi And The Hype Crew. Good Luck With The Event, Wish I Was Going To Be There.

@ Explicit
Give Me A Breakdown Of The Awards My Brother, Be My Eyes And Ears. By The Way Hows The Writing?

Dope dude I will most def do that! im performing on that saturday but will make sure i catch whats going down!