King Genius

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-1
  • AG Super Mod
    • View Profile
    • My Social Page - Join it.
Word!
Eish... yah neh.
Last week as i was watching season 2 of Entourage my PC suddenly turned off. For a few seconds i sat wondering what was happening as the power in the house was still on, then the power tripped, and there was a huge spark that came from it. I disconnected it from mains and tryed to figure out what the cause was (by smelling every part). It was the power supply unit.
I took it apart & there i saw a big black burn mark. I replaced it the next day (Thursday) with a 400watt PSU (previously 300W). It worked, all my hard drives were intact, MB was aight. I was happy & all was well... Well, till last night. 

Same thing happened, as i was using the PC the PSU blew again. And im not gonna buy another one just yet till i know what the exact cause is. Its been working perfectly sincec the last hardware change(3months ago), so i dont know what happened?
Help please any experts...? THANX.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I think your pc is broken.

You may wanna have someone take a look at it.

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +23/-26
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik
Word!
Eish... yah neh.
Last week as i was watching season 2 of Entourage my PC suddenly turned off. For a few seconds i sat wondering what was happening as the power in the house was still on, then the power tripped, and there was a huge spark that came from it. I disconnected it from mains and tryed to figure out what the cause was (by smelling every part). It was the power supply unit.
I took it apart & there i saw a big black burn mark. I replaced it the next day (Thursday) with a 400watt PSU (previously 300W). It worked, all my hard drives were intact, MB was aight. I was happy & all was well... Well, till last night. 

Same thing happened, as i was using the PC the PSU blew again. And im not gonna buy another one just yet till i know what the exact cause is. Its been working perfectly sincec the last hardware change(3months ago), so i dont know what happened?

It might be the electricity in your house, you may find that you experiencing some power surge isht, it is bound to blow if your mains is giving it too much power... You must keep in mind that it can only take in a certain amount of power. As it being solely on your PC i doubt it, i would not switch on in the first place, it will blow the second to turn it on.

Try using a different plug after you get a new PSU.
Maybe ask your PC tech guy to check what could have caused it, as im sitting far and judging from the tip of my fingers, not with the actual problem infront of me.

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
I think your pc is broken.

You may wanna have someone take a look at it.

LOl WOW pyro I think he knows that!

Dude what you need to do is check out your surge protector and that its working! Normally when the surge go's then the power supply is normally next! otherwise check your electricty plug that its earthed! if theres a short is spost to trip straight away! My suggestion is get a proper surge protector and all should be well If by any chance this shit happens again after you have done all of the above and spent another R300 on a power suppy then I am sorry and you should call a geak to help you !

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
Word!
Eish... yah neh.

U have demons in your pc and they keep feeding on your power supply units....

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik
Word!
Eish... yah neh.

U have demons in your pc and they keep feeding on your power supply units....

LMAO. WEll explained

King Genius

• AG Hustler
  • AG Super Mod
    • View Profile
thanx peeps, yah its starting to make more sense when you talk about mians power. Coz last week the kettle tripped the earth leakage, but it is on a different power line with the PC's, so rubbed it off & thought my PC was safe. How would the kettle affect it?

And i dont have a surge protector on my PC either, never thought id need it till now, is it 100% efficient? or should i invest in a Uninterupted Power Supply too?

So y'all are suggesting that the rest of the actual PC ruled out from error?

PS: 1- hehe, i rule out the demons, they cant get anywhere near me or my stuff, they scared too bits!

PS2  ... about sending it to a pro, i enquired & they said they'd charde R100 just to look at it. And ive been troubleshooting my Pcs for years with success (& failures that lead me to success in the end). This PC since 2004 has gone through 3 motherboards, 3 power supplies, 3 sets of RAM, many harddrives, 2 monitors & 2 cases. Only same thing is the actual processor. And ive learnt a lot, & i wanna learn through this experience now too.

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
Dude a surge protector is like a condom dude! you might thing not everyone has aids until you end up with it! Get a surge protector asap! its what like R200 and now these companies guarentee you that if the surge protector is at fault you will get paid out the damage! so go do that and get the surge protector!

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Dude a surge protector is like a condom dude! you might thing not everyone has aids until you end up with it! Get a surge protector asap! its what like R200 and now these companies guarentee you that if the surge protector is at fault you will get paid out the damage! so go do that and get the surge protector!
If that's the case get the surge protector, then wait a while before you go to them and claim your pc got fried after using it.

Then they'll pay for the damage.

King Genius

• AG Hustler
  • AG Super Mod
    • View Profile
If that's the case get the surge protector, then wait a while before you go to them and claim your pc got fried after using it.

LOL.... big up on the tip! hehehe  ;)

The KWEDZA HOD

• Producer
  • AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Rebbi Muzik

Surpported

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran