mr_meen · 5 · 20313

mr_meen

• hip hop aint about what it is these days its about what it aint
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • NINJAHAMSTER - SA's Turntablist Community
Well here it is.

The first official Graphics Challenge on AG. Now we gonna be keeping it simple to start with basic photoshop techniques. Nandonation inspired this image manipulation challenge by "bravely" posting (I suppose) a pic of himself in the graphic challenge poll post, but much respekt, you can see his re-incarnation here:

http://www.africasgateway.com/forums/index.php?topic=23949.msg166368#msg166368

Hence our concept is "Alienated Rapper" and our subject for alienation is... (drum roll) sorry to Mad Rapper...

the one only 50 cent! or fitty or whatever you like to call him.

Here's a cat who likes to beef, wether its Kanye or Jay-z in his sights...

For all out photoshop challenges we need to keep the subject matter the same. Here's the image to toy with:

and you can view the alienated version of mine for inspiration below.

We need to get all peeps who would like to take on the challenge in before Tuesday 9 September to put into a poll. No later than Tuesday dudes. I will post a new topic for entries and comments. Just reply to this topic before then if you are keen on entering. Final submissions before 11:59 pm Friday 12 September.

Key tools that would be used in this challenge are:

La**o Tool - (shortcut L) for selection regions to edit without messing up the rest

Hue and Saturation tool (Menu > Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation... (Tip before doing this, select a colour you would like to change all colours that you have selected to, run the hue/saturation command and click the tick box :colourize and it will convert what you have selected to tha colour.)

Liquify (Menu > Filter > Liquify... or ctrl+shift+x) play around with the tools in the filter, you can really do some crazy stuff) Please note if you arent on a version later than Photoshop 6, you wont have this tool.

HAVE FUN

Rules:

1. Only one entry per user.
2. Users only to use the provided image so playing fields are level.
3. You may only use Photoshop for this challenge.
4. People who want to enter, enter before Tuesday 9 Sep by replying to this thread and saying "count me in" (or any version of that)
5. Final Entries to be posted in the Topic: Graphics Challenge - Photoshop - 1.1 - Alienated Rapper - FINAL ENTRIES (still to come)
6. Have Fun

Please note this is just for fun, as I'm sure some peeps will be against defacing fitty's beautiful phisyque. Please dont rant, its all in the name of fun - (unless its Fitty himself has a go at us)

Peace dudes. Good Luck

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I'm in, but put up the pic by Sunday please, so I can do mine, cos I can't really do it at work.

f***! I'm gonna have to work in this corel shit, cos my Pc crashes from photoshop.

mr_meen

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile
I'm in, but put up the pic by Sunday please, so I can do mine, cos I can't really do it at work.

f***! I'm gonna have to work in this corel shit, cos my Pc crashes from photoshop.

Pic is in the first post.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile

Sorry, but me no see it. I think it may be blocked by our firewall.

mr_meen

• AG Hustler
    • View Profile

Sorry, but me no see it. I think it may be blocked by our firewall.

http://wallpapers.free-review.net/wallpapers/84/50_Cent_Black_and_White.jpg