Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Hype:Best Producer....

mtho87 · 35 · 6760

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
. First time i've ever heard Dome being "outspoken", if that's the right word for it.. LOL !!!!

what was he saying?

What i mean is Dome is usually a motor-mouth himself. But he didn't get to say much yesterday cos of this Don Juan person.Dude was just hectic. Dissing callers.Talking about how he came To Joburg from Cape Town had a hard time,so cats sitting @ home shouldn't tell him his shit is wack,cos he hustled hard.Talking about how him and his crew of producers,Optic something, make 10G a beat and IV league doesn't even get that. Talking about he's building a 40K swimming pool @ his crib.Dissing other producers,bigging up his crew all the time.Everytime he would talk shit, and when they come back from ads, he apologises and says he's got a lot of pa**ion for this rap shit.Like whatever man.The Hype Magazine CD from two issues back i think, was all produced by him.Wack,except the HHP and Zulu Boy joints. He says he works for JazzWorx.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog
. First time i've ever heard Dome being "outspoken", if that's the right word for it.. LOL !!!!

what was he saying?

What i mean is Dome is usually a motor-mouth himself. But he didn't get to say much yesterday cos of this Don Juan person.Dude was just hectic. Dissing callers.Talking about how he came To Joburg from Cape Town had a hard time,so cats sitting @ home shouldn't tell him his shit is wack,cos he hustled hard.Talking about how him and his crew of producers,Optic something, make 10G a beat and IV league doesn't even get that. Talking about he's building a 40K swimming pool @ his crib.Dissing other producers,bigging up his crew all the time.Everytime he would talk shit, and when they come back from ads, he apologises and says he's got a lot of pa**ion for this rap shit.Like whatever man.The Hype Magazine CD from two issues back i think, was all produced by him.Wack,except the HHP and Zulu Boy joints. He says he works for JazzWorx.

so Motor-mouth Don juan jacked his shine last nite ;D
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

the whole concept of awards is more aimed at your mainstream artists anyway - popular artists usually do better at awards than underground artists because awards implicitly buy into the belief that popular = good.

Bt these r SA's only Hip Hop Awards Dplanet. I hear you bt jus nt accepting it. This gonna stain tha game. Younginz cumin up gonna get tha mould part of tha Hip Hop in SA,tha rotten side.

So tha means if awards r 4 mainstream artists, how are tha otha artists who r nt in tha mainstream gonna get acknowledged?

popular opinion is always the dominant one in society - it's the way of the world.

most people are just content to be spoonfed garbage because they don't want to look beneath the surface to uncover true gems - life is easier if you can just be happy listening to pop music on the radio.

another question you have to ask yourself is why would non-mainstream artists crave for mainstream acceptance? if they wanted that, they'd make mainstream music.

most of us don't make music for the awards, we make it because we love the music.

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog

another question you have to ask yourself is why would non-mainstream artists crave for mainstream acceptance? if they wanted that, they'd make mainstream music.

most of us don't make music for the awards, we make it because we love the music.

D-Pleezy is on some profound tip this morning, we like it a lot :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 10:46:38 AM by ugly Betty »
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

mtho87

• Baba Mfundisi
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
  • no gift is without a giver
    • View Profile
ya sum words of wisdom ther..
heaven is mine.....

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
i think you have to remember that all awards are just somebody's opinion.

you hate that opinion when it's not your favourite artists, you love that opinion when it is. music is totally subjective and award judges are not machines, they have their own personal preferences even if they are trying to be unbiased.

the whole concept of awards is more aimed at your mainstream artists anyway - popular artists usually do better at awards than underground artists because awards implicitly buy into the belief that popular = good.

I thought the whole idea of having the hype awards was to avoid situations were dance albums win hiphop awards, to showcase what hiphop is, what a good hiphop album is and to send out a ma**age to all those who gave zwai and flabba the SAMAs. Their compilations were mostly promoting the "so called" underground artists and now when it comes to their awards they have to be neglected...nah dat aint cool, they also contributed to selling the mag....

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

you hate that opinion when it's not your favourite artists, you love that opinion when it is. music is totally subjective and award judges are not machines, they have their own personal preferences even if they are trying to be unbiased.

I thought the whole idea of having the hype awards was to avoid situations were dance albums win hiphop awards, to showcase what hiphop is, what a good hiphop album is and to send out a ma**age to all those who gave zwai and flabba the SAMAs. Their compilations were mostly promoting the "so called" underground artists and now when it comes to their awards they have to be neglected...nah dat aint cool, they also contributed to selling the mag....

you shouldn't be too hard on the hype awards - hymphatic thabs, driemanskap, the anvils, ewok, tumi and pro kid were all nominated as far as i remember so it's not all about dance artists.

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
The Hype Magazine CD from two issues back i think, was all produced by him.Wack,except the HHP and Zulu Boy joints.

True dat...and i'll give more of the credit to the artists than to him, he's an a**

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile

sounds like someone we know doesn't it?

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

Tonnes

• The Crafter
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-20
  • Liquid Veteran
    • View Profile

you shouldn't be too hard on the hype awards - hymphatic thabs, driemanskap, the anvils, ewok, tumi and pro kid were all nominated as far as i remember so it's not all about dance artists.

They just there so they can say "we looked at different types of hip hop" but still give it to the dancing faggots.

And all these f***ers are quick to say its HATE just like ANC with thier counter-revolutionery shit.

No one is hated we just want hip hop to be represented properly until then you will remain a dancing fag.

And I don't know why some peeps act like HHP is the ish...dude is only good on stage, on the mic he is mad wack.
Flexipanel...All Tings Proper

Swordsman

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-21
    • View Profile

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
^^^

i think hhp kills it on the mic. and i dont even know what he is saying, it just sounds hectic.
but thats just me tho
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

Dr. Kanazawa

• Fcuk your couch!
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +2/-3
  • cd's nutz
    • View Profile

Zeb

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-15
  • Zeb
    • View Profile
    • African Monopoly
Hip Hop is a seriously sensetative topic hey...
ok cool...simple and plain...
They are called HYPE awards...so you aint getting an award if you aint got HYPE
you cant expact to hear LP or Vast air at a "swagger" or "gangsta"" party can you...
this magazine and its awards are already cla**ified as HYPE so they made it clear from the begining where their focus lies...accept it and you will live peacefully ever after...LOL... ;)
when I go to a hip hop party at catwalk i jus wanna see fly birdies...when I go to a hip hop show at Slaghuis or 1808 I wanna hear some ill MC's 8) its that simple...
let niccas do their thing...start something for the underground movement if you really pa**ionate about this shiat...
for example...AG should be waaaay bigger than what it is...Its bigger than this HYPE anyway...but would it get support if they tried pushing ish like this
To all AG owners...Start a Magazine...Africas GateWay the mag
What yall think?
"free soul thts why ill never sell it"
and thats my word...
www.myspace.com/afmp
www.afmp.co.za
sales@afmp.co.za
info@afmp.co.za
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=22687317915