B Sharpa - Ben Sharpa - The Official Thread

Dpleezy · 67 · 25504

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-22
  • Write of Pa**age Out May 18th!!!
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music
Hard to say fam (embara**ed to say) Channel O has a confusing rotation which entails nuff repeats and then a new episode so my guess is as good as yours. As soon as we give the tape over It's theirs to schedule as and when they want to. Cool thingis tho that once it's been flighted once it enters the repeat cycle so it had a long life span!
Write of Pa**age out Now!!!

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Hard to say fam (embara**ed to say) Channel O has a confusing rotation which entails nuff repeats and then a new episode so my guess is as good as yours. As soon as we give the tape over It's theirs to schedule as and when they want to. Cool thingis tho that once it's been flighted once it enters the repeat cycle so it had a long life span!

Haha,,, it's all good my man,,, i'll just have to keep watching! :)

Povertyproperty

• AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-3
    • View Profile

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
So i finally get my money right and head to my nearest musica store to cop me-self some Pioneer heat...
...going thru the hiphop section...no Rattex and no Ben Sharpa...so i make my way to the counter to enquire...

The sale a**istant goes thru their system...click click: we have 6 copies of Rattex in musica stores around the country, 2 copies there...3 copies...1 copy there...click click for B.sharpa....same figures as Rattex...

no copies at all in cap city...how they gon do dat...in GP they got them in rosebank and sandton only...

so the a**istant then tells me that they'll neva hav stock of those items and that there's no way of gettin me copies from those ada stores...basically tellin me that i must drive to jozi if i want them copies...f***ed up really f***ed up...

so i head to look & listen and there...mmm...its even more worse...they dont hav the items on their database...so they cant even order them for me...sad very sad...

and both this stores are full of cds wer unknown local ppl are doing cover versions (those funny coloured cds, the wat wat hits)...but they cant stock original local material...sad stuff...

How about pushing copies overrivers?..

what do you mean?

I think he wanted to know if u can ship orders to ada countries...

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
damn..is soul candi taking care of distribution this time  around?
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
^^^ this is the crazy reality of CD distribution in SA. It's up to each individual store manager to order copies. If he or she doesn't like the look of 'B. Sharpa' and thinks that 'Best of Crappy Local Covers Vol. 36' is gonna sell more, that's what they'll stock.

The sad thing is that music stores don't really care about music. They are just selling a product. It's strictly a numbers game. They have no interest in promoting hip hop or supporting any kind of niche because they believe it's not profitable.

The problem with this situation is that it creates a vicious circle. Hip hop fans don't bother going to Musica and Look & Listen because they know they don't stock hip hop.

We have distribution with Soul Candi, but they can't force the individual stores to buy stock.

You can order the CD directly from us if you can't find it anywhere:
http://www.pioneerunit.com/contact-us/

If you know an independent music store in your area, ask them to order stock directly from us too.