• AG Extremist
    • REP: +7/-8
    • View Profile

polaris

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +4/-3
  • IT IS I
    • View Profile
Nah, Mbeki hasn't said he'll resign, he has been asked to.

The statement from the President's office was "Following the decision of the National Executive Committee of the African National Congress to recall President Thabo Mbeki, the President has obliged and will step down after all constitutional requirements have been met."

this means it could go either way really, he could either chose to let it go or refuse to resign by pursuing his option...at least that's the way i understand it

« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 07:56:34 PM by polaris »

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Mbeki's been asked to step down by the ANC NEC.

I just had a brilliant idea for an article on Hayibo. How wonder how one submits shit to them or who they are even.

I'm thinking of Mbeki calling the NEC racists for firing him. Obviously i'll use my amazing writing skills to spice it up though.

Hip Hop Fan

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +7/-8
    • View Profile

The statement from the President's office was "Following the decision of the National Executive Committee of the African National Congress to recall President Thabo Mbeki, the President has obliged and will step down after all constitutional requirements have been met."

this means it could go either way really, he could either chose to let it go or refuse to resign by pursuing his option...at least that's the way i understand it

Thanks...

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile

If he refuses to resign, they will institute a vote of no confidence and since the anti Mbeki squad outnumbers his loyalists he'll get booted. Then his entire cabinet will also have to go and we'll have to hold elections within 90 days.

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

churchofthe latterdayLatte

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-4
    • View Profile
I love it. I love the precedent set here. Now we can fire motherf***ers! the next stage from floor-crossing!!! I love this ANC shit. frequent firings are exactly what we need. this democracy is growing...

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I love it. I love the precedent set here. Now we can fire motherf***ers! the next stage from floor-crossing!!! I love this ANC shit. frequent firings are exactly what we need. this democracy is growing...

I just hope that under Zuma there will be more of a culture of accountability for your f*** ups.

I agree that this shows them that no one is untouchable, but like someone said, Zuma is being controlled too, bu others who may have f***ed up motives. Will he have the backbone to actualy make the social reforms they are preaching now, or is he gonna let them run rampant?

Mbete will apparently be standing in as pres until the elections.

If Lekota and other Mbeki loyalists really do start their own party, it will be amazing to see the situation next year with the elections. I cant wait.

ToXic Candy

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +2/-15
  • I LOVE YOU,MCWAAAAH!
    • View Profile
Mbeki's biggest mistake was to fire JZ before he was proven guilty and SA's law says innocent till proven guitly no matter how much evidence is pointing at you,so now Mbeki has to face up with his decision.
But him being forced to regsine is a no no no for me,why not let the man finish his term? ???
Dn't have a comfort zone ,always have room for improvement.

churchofthe latterdayLatte

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-4
    • View Profile
I've always maintained that the only viable opposition in this country will emanate from the ANC... if TAC doesn't beat them to it (but that's a whole nother story).

This is a dramatic change I never expected this. Three years ago I would have bet you my house that Joel Netshitenzhe (sp) would be next in line... if not Motlanthe.

My worry with Zuma is that he owes too many people favours. And the ANCYL has never minced its words that it would not hesitate to get rid of him too if he crosses them. ANCYL made Mbeki and broke him... nothing should be different with JZ. So I guess the best approach for us as a nation would be to build an ANCYL that is beyond reproach, that is clear on the nation's norms and values... if not at the forefront of shaping them. But what we have now is manga-manga monkey business. Floyd Shivambu is its national speaker...come on!!!

ToXic Candy

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +2/-15
  • I LOVE YOU,MCWAAAAH!
    • View Profile
Then the ANCYL are playing a fair game for everyone as we need a leader who thinks for the goodness of the country not for  his/her acquantancies.
Dn't have a comfort zone ,always have room for improvement.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Then the ANCYL are playing a fair game for everyone as we need a leader who thinks for the goodness of the country not for  his/her acquantancies.

Do you think before you post?

The youth league is intent on doing exactly what they accuse Mbeki of: Hijacking state organs for personal use.

Why do you think they are so intent on getting Zuma into power? Malema is cozying up good to the big  man, while Fikile is practically attached to his hip.

They have planned this for a while, and saying that the youth league is playing fair is ignorance bordering on the retarded. Do you think they are so intent on getting into power for the sake of the people?

Zuma belongs to three groups now.

The youth idiots, Blade and the SACP, and Vavi and COsatu.

I'm not that concerned about the last 2, because I believe they are committed to improving conditions for the workers, despite their bouts of infrequent verbal diarrhoea. I am worried about the Youth league's interests and their radicalism and how this will come into play if the others don't wanna bow to their will.
Does it mean we will be living with the threat of "the youth mobilising" every time something irks them?

As for the call from Vavi and Blade that there must be a super cabinet with a few people exercising power over all organs of state, is this not what they accused Mbeki of? Concentrating power in his own and a small elite's hands?

I guess we're gonna see if this happens and if it does, it will really be a case of an elite few being even more equal than any of us.

I'm very eager to see what goes down in the following 6 months. Maybe I'll win my civil war bet much sooner than I expected.