SUPER RUTHLESS

• SOUTH OF A
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +24/-20
  • New South Movement
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Men Entertainment
So now he has resigned, now what?????

I just like the fact that in hes speach yesterday, he once again made it clear that he didnt have anything to do with Zumas case

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile

I just like the fact that in hes speach yesterday, he once again made it clear that he didnt have anything to do with Zumas case

mbeki intrigues me... no emotion whatsoever in the state of nation address. i think he was a better leader than jacob zuma will ever be.

technically he hasnt reisigned yet. the anc will tell him when to hand in the resignation.
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

SUPER RUTHLESS

• SOUTH OF A
  • AG Extremist
  • New South Movement
    • View Profile

technically he hasnt reisigned yet. the anc will tell him when to hand in the resignation.

he has resigned but he said its up to the national a**embly to decide when hes last day would be..... Which means he can actually still serve hes term, if they allow that to happen...

Who needs the Illumanati, when u got the ANC

Mo'licious

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-0
    • View Profile

mbeki intrigues me... no emotion whatsoever in the state of nation address. i think he was a better leader than jacob zuma will ever be.

I saw some emotion last nyt. He started off upbeat...and he eventually had to hold it all in incase he choked. He tore at my heart strings....hai

Guess we will find out today about the repercusions following the presidents' resignation. I don't think any of the cabinet ministers are gona bow out. I seriously hope that Trevor Manuel stays.

I also don't think that there will be a nucler party formed from Mbeki and his allies. He dedicated half a century to the ANC....he won't walk out on them....it would be interestign if he did.....but that's just wishful thinking

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

mbeki intrigues me... no emotion whatsoever in the state of nation address. 

dude it was written all over his face that its not something he'd have prefered to do. it was obvious through his speach that he was definitely not happy about it.

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog

mbeki intrigues me... i think he was a better leader than jacob zuma will ever be.

I think so too, I have no confidence in Zuma whatsoever but as they say , he will not be running the country by himself so i am now interested to see what cabinet is gonna look like, God forbid they put a**wipe Malema and Fikile Mbalula in there.

On a positive note, with mbeki gone, there will not be talk of a Mbeki camp and a Zuma camp within the ANC. So they now need to get on with it and actually deliver services to the poor and taxpayers. Zuma potrays himself as champion of the poor, lets see if he can actually deliver :-\
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 09:22:11 AM by ugly Betty »
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile
I liked that part during his speech when he pulled out the pistol and was pointing it to his head and lucky enuff the bodyguards took it from him before he could pull the trigger...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 10:04:08 AM by E.K.K.S doesn't stand for Elevated Kid Kicking Science »

SUPER RUTHLESS

• SOUTH OF A
  • AG Extremist
  • New South Movement
    • View Profile
I liked that part during his speech when he pulled out the pistol and was pointing it to his head and lucky enuff the bodyguards took it from him before he could pull the trigger...

LOL

My brother and i was actually aying that Zuma and hes gang was actually standing next to Mbeki with a gun to hes head.

WORDSMITH

• The wap up starts at the bottom.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-21
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com
Ey Mbeki should not care for the ANC they just a bunch of hypocrites. I think he should hand the resignation and be out immidiately. Pikoli is whack and im sure you knw what i mean by that.
"Hip Hip is Hip Hip, We quick to Judge,
But we aint quick enough to not be Judged"
- Philo (Bloem Cat)

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile
@ Nathan and Latte- "sober" LOL comments there guys.

Capt Schti

• Two sips from being a tyrant.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
Then the ANCYL are playing a fair game for everyone as we need a leader who thinks for the goodness of the country not for  his/her acquantancies.

Do you think before you post?

Actually she has the most well thought out and rational comment on the issue. She is saying that if the YL propped up Mbeki and he didn't deliver on the social economics policies and was thus removed, it stands to reason that they would do the same if Zuma diverts.   

Of course, now that Zuma is in, some favours need to be repaid. But that is not the core of the outing of Mbeki, he was kicked out for his "dictatorship" style with Zuma being the poster boy of the alliance of the wounded. A weekend story even quotes Cyril and Tokyo saying Mbeki must go.

Clearly, Zuma did not win the presidency, Mbeki lost it.

It's pretty much safe to say Zuma will not change policies, and he and his friends will see just how hard it is to run a government, it takes substance, not rhetoric.
What we might have is a George Bush incompetence, not a Robert Mugabe incompetence.
You choose what's better.

No one, not even those close to Zuma believe he is fit to lead, it's just that no one wanted that decision to be made by Mbeki.

Zuma has won the political battle, you can't hate him for that. I say squash the trial and retreat to his homestead at Inklandla, take care of the six wives and let those who can lead, lead.

"I just want to enter my house justified" Bloody Sam

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 11:30:13 AM by Blizzard »

The Mighty Loks

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +37/-66
    • View Profile

Of course, now that Zuma is in, some favours need to be repaid. But that is not the core of the outing of Mbeki, he was kicked out for his "dictatorship" style with Zuma being the poster boy of the alliance of the wounded. A weekend story even quotes Cyril and Tokyo saying Mbeki must go.

I hardly think that Thabo had a "dictatorship" style and the only dictators here is the ANC YL. They seem to dictate who leads, when and now even for how long. We live in a multi party state yet 1 party had the power to fire a president. To me this was nothing but a political coup.

The ANC has become too comfortable in their position and sadly, we the voters have given them that power. We can say that we're not voting but that doesn't change anything because Zuma supporters will be voting. We need to shake the ground that the ANC is standing on otherwise we'll continue being lead by idiots and we'll just accept it because we much rather not vote then to vote for whites. Something needs to change and if it means being lead by racist white rather than morally corrupt black, then so be it.

If the DA doesn't capitalise on this opportunity the next elections then they too are stupid because people are desperate for an alternative and at this point they are it.

churchofthe latterdayLatte

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +0/-4
    • View Profile
Then the ANCYL are playing a fair game for everyone as we need a leader who thinks for the goodness of the country not for  his/her acquantancies.

Do you think before you post?

Actually she has the most well thought out and rational comment on the issue. She is saying that if the YL propped up Mbeki and he didn't deliver on the social economics policies and was thus removed, it stands to reason that they would do the same if Zuma diverts.   

Clearly, Zuma did not win the presidency, Mbeki lost it.

It's pretty much safe to say Zuma will not change policies, and he and his friends will see just how hard it is to run a government, it takes substance, not rhetoric.
What we might have is a George Bush incompetence, not a Robert Mugabe incompetence.
You choose what's better.

No one, not even those close to Zuma believe he is fit to lead, it's just that no one wanted that decision to be made by Mbeki.

Zuma has won the political battle, you can't hate him for that. I say squash the trial and retreat to his homestead at Inklandla, take care of the six wives and let those who can lead, lead.

It is not a matter of changing policies. within the ANC structure the president carries out the party's mandate...ie he acts on policy issues as directed by the "maaatha boooody". I find it hard to believe could have dictated that much in a structure that is based on consensus. What I find harder to believe is that Mbeki made a unilateral decision to fire Zuma. Zuma has to have been privy to that decision, and even agreed to it... like Mbeki has here stated his compliance. JZ just pulled a bitch move after...  His firing has to have been something that went through the NEC ... its just the kids in the YL who couldnt be convinced.

I vote for a Motlanthe...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 12:16:09 PM by churchofthe latterdayLatte »