Hype Magazine - OCT/ NOV

Dpleezy · 89 · 29933

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I have also offered to write some stuff for Hype, about the Bloem and Lesotho Cats that are making waves, but never got any feedback.

I've written some things and mailed them to the address on the site as well, but no joy there either.

I don't wanna sound like I'm bitter or praising my own abilities, but I know that I write better and have better stories than 99% of the shit in HYPE. So, what is the reason for my stuff being rejected?

Is it because the artists aren't known well enough, or just don't appeal to the specific market that HYPE is trying to attract? Shaxe from Bloem once wrote something for them, and as much as Shaxe is my boy, he should stick to Djing and leave the writing to those who can. He did look at the other side of the coin though. Who's blinging and where the parties are with the hottest chicks and such.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
I don't think you should give up on Hype.

Putting together a commercially viable mag isn't easy and, from what I hear, they are understaffed.

You just can't please everybody. If Mizi did feature Dunamis (for example), there's be another 20 people that would feel pissed off that they'd been rejected - it's just the way it is.

The way forward is to keep pushing your stories, articles, news items, feature requests (along with a motivation as to why that person should be featured).

I'd love Nathan and Spacevein to have their own columns though.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
I have also offered to write some stuff for Hype, about the Bloem and Lesotho Cats that are making waves, but never got any feedback.

I've written some things and mailed them to the address on the site as well, but no joy there either.

I don't wanna sound like I'm bitter or praising my own abilities, but I know that I write better and have better stories than 99% of the shit in HYPE. So, what is the reason for my stuff being rejected?

Is it because the artists aren't known well enough, or just don't appeal to the specific market that HYPE is trying to attract? Shaxe from Bloem once wrote something for them, and as much as Shaxe is my boy, he should stick to Djing and leave the writing to those who can. He did look at the other side of the coin though. Who's blinging and where the parties are with the hottest chicks and such.

maybe cos ur too biased.
@cash_sog

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile

maybe cos ur too biased.

Biased in what way Siphocashi? Or did you just hear the word and feel the need to use it?

Explain...

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
Biased in what way Siphocashi? Or did you just hear the word and feel the need to use it?
Explain...

ha ha ha!!
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
there u go....thats a perfect exaple right there!
Ur biased in the sense that u do not want to hear anyone out, or consider a different way of seeing things.
its the gayway or the highway :)

just an opinion
@cash_sog

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
The word explain means that I would like to hear your opinion.

so there your argument above has already been mooted by yourself.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
The word explain means that I would like to hear your opinion.

so there your argument above has already been mooted by yourself.

u just wana argue.lol
who said i had an argument :D
just work on your open mindedness andmaybe one day they'll consider you
@cash_sog

QuinDEeh

• all hail!!
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
SO f***en LUTION ya'll!1!

all AG members interested start a gaadammn hip hop magazine!! get reps from each province and country to cover the hip hop scene on their sides, mail it to the (yet to be developed) adress!

Pyro handles the editing, printing, distribution and shit. and everybody is happy!!
from the posts i've read, wud pull up a better mag than mizi anyday!!!

so....any bids??????
is a royal thing..

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
id rather put my money on HYPE. they are doin great and theres little to complain about really.
@cash_sog

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
SO f***en LUTION ya'll!1!

all AG members interested start a gaadammn hip hop magazine!! get reps from each province and country to cover the hip hop scene on their sides, mail it to the (yet to be developed) adress!

Pyro handles the editing, printing, distribution and shit. and everybody is happy!!
from the posts i've read, wud pull up a better mag than mizi anyday!!!

so....any bids??????

Media24 and Intelligence would probably kill it before it is even born.

Unless we go the hand to hand route and find an indie publisher or something.

These bastards control the distribution and print industry in SA. It doesn't sound like too bad an idea really. What happened to Levitation? Maybe we should get in contact with Faith and Emile and see if they can help us out, since they have both been involved with mags.

They can tell us where the pitfalls are and also be our reps in the Cape.

QuinDEeh

• all hail!!
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
^^^^awwwww fah sure nuff! still waitin on more bids though!
is a royal thing..

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
id rather put my money on HYPE. they are doin great and theres little to complain about really.

aside from the fact that those mixtapes they puttin out are crap, i bought the mag, bumped the cd and tossed it, im sorry but i couldnt go thru that, its bad for ma ears...ima keep coppin it thou, ima keep sendin them ma isht too, maybe, jus maybe theyl wisen up and actually bump the isht we send them... >:(

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
@ the question about coverage on southern african countries either than SA, Hype does have a small
section dedicated to hip hop happenings by province, and recently other african countries as well. The fact
that they weren't doing this b4 does indicate that they're trying. Hype is still in its infancy i think, they
have a lot 2 improve on but like dplanet said, its easy for anyone to say "if it was me, i'd do it this way".

I also think sales are an important factor here too cuz mizi has to move units at the end of day,
so if a da les cover's gona help him achieve the necessary numbers thats probably a wise move. We
don't have a big enough market for 'alternative' hip hop right now, so as much as I'm for fresh ideas,
i think there's a specific demographic the mag tries to cater for.

Maybe an alternative magzine is the way 2 go for those of us who have other ideas. Sum people don't
like the mag, but if they keep moving satifactory numbers (which i a**ume they are) it means many 
others are happy with wat they are getting