Africas Gateway - Code of Conduct

Dpleezy · 75 · 16539

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
What's up people. Here's a first draft of the proposed AG Code of Conduct. Let's get some feedback...

::::::::::::::::::

Respect:
AG is a hip hop forum that has been around for a while. It has developed a certain style of communication that is a bit more rugged than most forums. Members are expected to be able handle a certain amount of trash talking. However, certain standards of respect should still be maintained. Racism and threats of violence will not be tolerated.

Self Promotion:
Everyone is on AG to hear about Hip Hop related topics so some self-promotion is allowed. Spamming or flooding forums with self-promotional items is not allowed. If you're promoting an album, for example, start one topic in the correct forum.

Username Restrictions:
- Each person may only have ONE username/ account.
- Usernames may NOT contain any personal information (real names, locations, etc.).
- Usernames may NOT be similar to a moderator's username.

No Personally Identifiable Information:
Do not give out personally identifiable information about yourself in the message board such as entire real names, last names, address, parent's names, phone number, email address, age, place of employment, or school. Do not give out other people's personal information either.

Member Signatures:
a limit has been set on the size of people's signatures. Please endeavour to keep your signature as short as possible, and please refrain from posting huge images within your signature. This is to a**ist members with slower connections - please be considerate.

SPAM:
Please don't SPAM through the AG Forum. 'SPAMming' includes sending identical and irrelevant submissions to many different Forum areas. Usually such postings have nothing to do with the particular topic of the group or are of no real interest to those on AG.

AG reserves the right to ban a user at any time, without notice, from any or all Forum areas for spamming.

Etiquette:
Please don't post messages in ALL CAPS, all italics or all bold - it makes you look like a retard.

New Members:
- First 20 posts must be approved by a moderator before they are made visible
- New members can only start new threads after 20 posts

'Progressive Discipline'

Forum Members who are in violation of the Code of Conduct Rules will be subject to the following Progressive Discipline steps:

Step 1.
Warning from Moderator via private message. In order to give more control and responsibility to forum Members, any Member in violation will first be asked to edit his/her own post(s), if necessary.

Step 2.
Warning from Moderator, to be visibly posted on the thread in question.

Step 3.
Vote by quorum of site 'Core Group' (Moderators and other site leaders) for short-term banning of one week.

Step 4.
Un-banning after period of one week; return of full privileges to member; probationary period of one month.

Step 5.
If the member complies with all Code of Conduct Rules for duration of the probationary period, any future Progressive Discipline will begin at Step 1.

Step 6.
If the member violates any Code of Conduct Rules within the probationary period, as determined by a vote by a quorum of site leadership, they will be banned for one month from the forum.

Step 7.
Persistent offenders will be permanently banned. This should be a very rare occurrence.

Responsibilities for Moderators

1. To maintain relatively 'civil' discourse among forum members (within reason by AG standards). Talking shit is part of AG, but sometimes it does get out of hand (flaming / death threats etc).

2. To guide heated discussions back to acceptable parameters, as defined by the Code of Conduct Rules.

3. To administer progressive discipline to forum members who break the Code of Conduct Rules.

4. To run their own posts past other Moderators when there is a chance the language might confuse or offend.

5. To respect their roles by adhering closely to the Code of Conduct Rules.

6. To refrain from abusing control of the site to unilaterally ban, edit, delete, censor, etc.

7. Note: Moderators will be subject to the same Progressive Discipline steps as any Member, and will also be monitored by other Moderators.

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
What's up people. Here's a first draft of the proposed AG Code of Conduct. Let's get some feedback...

Respect:
AG is a hip hop forum that has been around for a while. It has developed a certain style of communication that is a bit more rugged than most forums. Members are expected to be able handle a certain amount of trash talking. However, certain standards of respect should still be maintained. Racism and threats of violence will not be tolerated.

Self Promotion:
Everyone is on AG to hear about Hip Hop related topics so some self-promotion is allowed. Spamming or flooding forums with self-promotional items is not allowed. If you're promoting an album, for example, start one topic in the correct forum.

Username Restrictions:
- Usernames may NOT contain any personal information (real names, locations, etc.).

Do not give out personally identifiable information about yourself in the message board such as entire real names, last names, address, parent's names, phone number, email address, age, place of employment, or school. Do not give out other people's personal information either.

Member Signatures:
a limit has been set on the size of people's signatures. Please endeavour to keep your signature as short as possible, and please refrain from posting huge images within your signature. This is to a**ist members with slower connections - please be considerate.

SPAM:
Please don't SPAM through the AG Forum. 'SPAMming' includes sending identical and irrelevant submissions to many different Forum areas. Usually such postings have nothing to do with the particular topic of the group or are of no real interest to those on AG.

AG reserves the right to ban a user at any time, without notice, from any or all Forum areas for spamming.

Etiquette:
Please don't post messages in ALL CAPS, all italics or all bold - it makes you look like a retard.

New Members:

'Progressive Discipline'

Forum Members who are in violation of the Code of Conduct Rules will be subject to the following Progressive Discipline steps:

Step 1.
Warning from Moderator via private message. In order to give more control and responsibility to forum Members, any Member in violation will first be asked to edit his/her own post(s), if necessary.

Step 2.

Step 3.
Vote by quorum of site 'Core Group' (Moderators and other site leaders) for short-term banning of one week.

Step 4.
Un-banning after period of one week; return of full privileges to member; probationary period of one month.

Step 5.
If the member complies with all Code of Conduct Rules for duration of the probationary period, any future Progressive Discipline will begin at Step 1.

Step 6.
If the member violates any Code of Conduct Rules within the probationary period, as determined by a vote by a quorum of site leadership, they will be banned for one month from the forum.

Step 7.
Persistent offenders will be permanently banned. This should be a very rare occurrence.

1. To maintain relatively 'civil' discourse among forum members (within reason by AG standards). Talking shit is part of AG, but sometimes it does get out of hand (flaming / death threats etc).

2. To guide heated discussions back to acceptable parameters, as defined by the Code of Conduct Rules.

3. To administer progressive discipline to forum members who break the Code of Conduct Rules.

4. To run their own posts past other Moderators when there is a chance the language might confuse or offend.

6. To refrain from abusing control of the site to unilaterally ban, edit, delete, censor, etc.

7. Note: Moderators will be subject to the same Progressive Discipline steps as any Member, and will also be monitored by other Moderators.

what a story book, hurrrrrrrayyyyyyyy dpleezy and mik have finally come up with something to talk about. no wonder you a ceo, you think very fast and type fast also

iyt mamazes me how people waste time on some bullshit that dont exist
Hood.

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
What about name changing, can we pls get restrictions on that too...

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile
What about name changing, can we pls get restrictions on that too...

WTF? No no no, that ain't a problem... its the best feature ever introduced on AG, thats what separates us from them other gay forums like africanhiphop.com..

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
hey why the f*** do we get this from him? is he a moderator? thought he was a ceo

one of techs best not paid ceo's
Hood.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
I like the rules proposed so far.

Can we please add one about pronographic avatars? There are a lot of members that log on from public internet access areas that shouldn't have to load up pron when reading the forums. + I am convinced there are some users under the age of 13 here.

Also some defintion around what happens in the event one user opens multiple accounts posting from the same IP address. Like Pyro's suggestion that all the other accounts will be deleted & only the first registered account will remain.

Is milk actually going to empower the mods with the ability to perform all these functions?

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
 :o Wow I'm more surprised than the time i caught my buddy gettin his girl to toss his salad at a house party ( I mean really... keep that shit at home  :o >:( )

But for real i wouldn't mind a bit of the old structure, i might start posting regular again. Commendations on taking action folks.
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
:o Wow I'm more surprised than the time i caught my buddy gettin his girl to toss his salad at a house party ( I mean really... keep that shit at home  :o >:( )

A girl did this to me once. I still feel guilty for enjoying it.
I agree though, it is something you keep for the most private times.

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
I hope you feel ashamed till your dying day you sick freak    ;D sies  :-X
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I hope you feel ashamed till your dying day you sick freak    ;D sies  :-X

Yeah, it is kinda disgusting.

I didn't ask for it though, she took me completely by surprise and I didn't wanna offend her. I didn't wanna kiss her after that either.

This brings me to another point.
If we're gonna have a section for pics and adult entertainment, it should be off limits to any one who hasn't registered and made a certain amount of posts. and the pron avatars thing is also an issue. I agree with Tate, cos it is kinda embarra**ing when you open a site and those things pop up.

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
well i guess the rebellion or lack thereof was good for something, i will cosign the pron avatars and call bullshit on the name changing f*** that most of ag loves that and it should be retained. Oh and the adult section should be vets only 600+ posts

That not good enough for ya?

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
Oh and the adult section should be vets only

Oh and the adult section should be vets only 600+ posts]

aint that a bit harsh? took me 3yearz to
get to 500 posts...
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa

Respect:

Self Promotion:

Username Restrictions:

Member Signatures:

SPAM:

Etiquette:

New Members:

'Progressive Discipline'

Step 1.

Step 2.

Step 3.

Step 4.

Step 5.

Step 6.

Step 7.

Lol.What would make you think that ANYONE would EVER try this? ;D ;D ;D

Where there ever any priveges fa extremists and vets? ;D

Taf1

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-5
  • Of deluded minds and manipulated opinions
    • View Profile

N.A 187

• GUNTLK ENT presents
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-11
  • Native "187" a**asin