Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Hell Boy II

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
Saw this the other night and thoroughly enjoyed it, great pacing and Ron Perlman is a funny f***er. Maybe wasn't as epic as other recent comic flicks but an enjoyable night out and when did Luke Goss get so hard, from Bros to the Reaper Vampire to Prince Nuada!!!!
Also caught the WATCHMEN trailer...  :o :o :o Ya**us!!!!! but it looks dope!!
Special mention must be made of Guillermo Del Toro's creature designs... if you a fan of his recent work check out Cronos, 1994 I think, starring a young Ron Perlman. quality.
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I really need to catch up on my movie watching.

I haven't even seen the first Hellboy.

Problem is I hate cinemas and downloading stuff takes forever. I think the last time I went to the movies was for the Pa**ion of the Christ. I've never laughed so much in my life, at white folks bawling their eyes out and saying shit like "that's so real, its exactly like it happened" as if they were there.

Yeah, anyway, Del Toro's designs are amazing. I read somewhere that he may be directing The Hobbit.

Original Syn

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +2/-1
    • View Profile
I hate FULL cinemas.. I go in the mid- morning in the week, the cinemas are as clean as they get and they also empty.
NOBODY TELLS ME I'M COOL, HARD TO TALK WHEN YO TEETH CHATTERING.

The Kritik

• The Kritik
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
  • Respect is what you have to earn
    • View Profile

Problem is I hate cinemas and downloading stuff takes forever. I think the last time I went to the movies was for the Pa**ion of the Christ. I've never laughed so much in my life, at white folks bawling their eyes out and saying shit like "that's so real, its exactly like it happened" as if they were there.

Yeah, anyway, Del Toro's designs are amazing. I read somewhere that he may be directing The Hobbit.

Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-[  :-[
ever heard of renting a movie?  ;)

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile

I rent once in a while, but most of the time they don't have the stuff I want.

If it's a really good movie, I would consider going to the movies, but I usually end up being disappointed so I avoid cinemas, cos I hate having to sit around 100 people who are chewing, talking and laughing at unfunny jokes, or not getting funny ones and not being able to pause when I need to go piss.

I'm definitely gonna go see the HObbit if it comes though.

The Kritik

• The Kritik
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-0
  • Respect is what you have to earn
    • View Profile

I rent once in a while, but most of the time they don't have the stuff I want.

If it's a really good movie, I would consider going to the movies, but I usually end up being disappointed so I avoid cinemas, cos I hate having to sit around 100 people who are chewing, talking and laughing at unfunny jokes, or not getting funny ones and not being able to pause when I need to go piss.

I'm definitely gonna go see the HObbit if it comes though.

tell me abt it.  >:( ..... now those are the main reasons i dont do cinemas.
last time i went to one...was jst cause my girl wanted to.

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
aight aight, enuf w the talk bou the cinema conditions, lets get back to the subject, HELL BOY, i watched it twise, the first time i was looking forward to it and i didnt really have the appetitte to critique it, ii loved it when i saw it the first time, the costumes, the characters, especially the Prince and his foot soldier with a detachable hand...another thing i enjoed about it was the plot, it was very exciting to watch unfold, however only for the first half of the flick, and by that i mean the Exact Half in the script...bringin me to my dislikes...

the flick stops right after (not to spoil it) HellBoy smacks the isht outta nature man...after that you expect the credits to start rolling, but no, they still go on with it, then what they do??...show us a love segment between the fishman and the Princess, talk about bad movie segmentation...and my ultimate dissapointment, the GOLDEN ARMY itsself, watchin tht isht i was overcome by the awfull sensation i often get when i see some south african attempts at animation, you could almost see where the lines in the drawings end...i hated the last part o the flick where they fight with the army jus becos o tht reason..

but you can go see it, if you want..

That Bastard Crook

• I woulda told Mitch not-to-leave-Rico, and instead 'a' wearing chains rock-da-Steve-Biko
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +71/-25
  • Right-wing fascists call me "Die Swart Gevaar"
    • View Profile
HellBoy ll was actually lame compared to the first installment; bereft of any f***in' originality whatsoever. Was disappointed to see they jacked the Lord Of The Rings concept of "man vs elves and whatnot" as a background to the actual plot. Not impressed.
At da Centre, it's Inventor of dis Art-of-Rap / Seida-Crook I'm da Genuine Artefact // Rappers know I spit Godly-Rap, I gave da Industry a Heart-Attack / Like "OH MY GOD-HE'S-BACK"!!!!!!! /

That Bastard Crook

• I woulda told Mitch not-to-leave-Rico, and instead 'a' wearing chains rock-da-Steve-Biko
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +71/-25
  • Right-wing fascists call me "Die Swart Gevaar"
    • View Profile
@Synners, another dude who's comin' off seriously in his movies is Common. Homey looks and acts gangster for real in all his joints; Smokin' Aces, Wanted, Street Kings and apparently in American Gangster (though I haven't seen it yet).
At da Centre, it's Inventor of dis Art-of-Rap / Seida-Crook I'm da Genuine Artefact // Rappers know I spit Godly-Rap, I gave da Industry a Heart-Attack / Like "OH MY GOD-HE'S-BACK"!!!!!!! /

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

Hip Hop Fan

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +7/-8
    • View Profile
was looking forward to this....i guess will still check it out! yeah common is good!

Capt Schti

• Two sips from being a tyrant.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile
del Toro is so f***ing overrated.

I midly enjoyed the first one all because of Ron Perlman, this one was godawful, the dialogue was kak. But at least my expectation were low after that kakfest that is Pan's Labyrinth I have never seen such literal, soulless, amateur piece of storytelling.

This cat is a glorified set designer.           

"I just want to enter my house justified" Bloody Sam

Msanii_XL

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-4
  • Africa Dreaming....
    • View Profile
    • http://beneathdasurface.com/

I midly enjoyed the first one all because of Ron Perlman, this one was godawful, the dialogue was kak. But at least my expectation were low after that kakfest that is Pan's Labyrinth I have never seen such literal, soulless, amateur piece of storytelling.

i understand the whole 'going against the grain posting'...but glorified set designer?? 
BNTS
Listening to
Curren$Y- The Jet files...
Meyer Hawthorne-Strange arrangement
Washed outLife of leisure

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
@Synners, another dude who's comin' off seriously in his movies is Common. Homey looks and acts gangster for real in all his joints; Smokin' Aces, Wanted, Street Kings and apparently in American Gangster (though I haven't seen it yet).

yeah he kinda suprised me in Smokin aces (so did alicia keys damn). American gangster aaah! not much screen time for me to really give a fair critique... but hes on the come up
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

Capt Schti

• Two sips from being a tyrant.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
    • View Profile

i understand the whole 'going against the grain posting'...but glorified set designer?? 

Dude, the only thing people ever like about his movies are the monsters that he creates. Not the writing, or the cinematography or the performances, or any thing a good director brings to a movie. Every movie he has done I've seen better one, Pan's is a poor man's "Never Ending Story" and does not even come close to "Big Fish" storytelling wise...

And yes I'm not impressed by monsters with eyes in their palms...         
"I just want to enter my house justified" Bloody Sam