Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Springbok Emblem R.I.P.

SIR DEEJAY MZU

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +7/-15
    • View Profile
I stumble onto this group on FB and i realised that there are some angry white/afrikanners out there and they talking civil war. Dont forget that i'm stuck in stellenbosch :'(, I'm glad i'm leaving this place end of this year..

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=3331490136

This springbok Emblem shit has made some afrikanners mad and Luke Watson aint helping the situation neither by referring to them as Dutchman....
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 08:06:28 PM by M.Z.U »

1kind

• onek1nd is superman on the eiffel tower, saving the world from parasites.
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +8/-25
  • My xhosa friends and I started a clique!
    • View Profile
wow if this is the level of thinking that goes on with the decision makers, it is no wonder that the people on the ground are confused and cannot prioritise.

anyone who has been arguing for the changes of the emblem, please tell me how this will address the imbalances that all our South African sports face?
I put Religion, Opression and Weakness underground and when i looked down i felt myself begin to GROW.

www.reverbnation.com/1kind

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
kompela is a lame f***

That not good enough for ya?

Alcohol Abuser

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-14
    • View Profile
kompela is a lame f***
You should watch ur language young man, this is not the way to speak to you elders.
"Let them toxins in this liquor, squeeze the life outta this poor liver of mine " AA

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile

Alcohol Abuser

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-14
    • View Profile
wdup my nigga Baas gert :-*
Like I said in one of my post on here young man "do not call me nigga" you don't wanna see the wrath of the maag, I give you 2 seconds to apologise never in the history of niggadom have I been so disrespected. What up cash!
"Let them toxins in this liquor, squeeze the life outta this poor liver of mine " AA

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +16/-18
    • View Profile
Leave the Springbok emblem alone and bring back the death penalty. Honestly, crime is on the rise and all some politicians can worry about is what a certain emblem represents. If there's one national team that is proud to wear SA colours, it's the Boks. People are mum over Bafana's constant failure to achieve but are quick to bother a team that is actually winning things. We've given them an affirmitive action coach(who doesnt measure up) and are forcefully trying to get more black players into the team. I think the government is big on mediocrity. They'd like to 'transform' the Boks into a sub-par team. 'We' must leave rugby alone!
quot;Don't take shots if you ain't usin a handgun"

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
bring back the death penalty.

I can agree with everything else you said, but that is crazy talk.

I can't believe you just said that.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
brands and their symbols are powerful things. you have to decide whether the positive brand attributes outweigh the negative ones. internationally the springbok brand is very strong (2 time world champions in recent times) but locally the brand is tainted with the apartheid legacy in some people's minds and this should probably outweigh all other considerations.

most symbols have been changed in SA since 1994 - new flag, new national anthem, new emblems for government departments, new street names, new airport names etc. people got used to all of those. why not change the bok emblem too?

i have heard a lot of (mainly white) people arguing that, 'the country has united behind the boks', asking 'why change what isn't broken?'. this kind of thinking is culturally arrogant and insensitive as it fails to acknowledge the fact that the same powerfully emotive positive values that they attribute to the emblem can be viewed differently by people from a different background (especially a background that is characterised by white supremacist oppression). Just because some patriotic black people support the 'springboks' despite the powerful symbolic a**ociation with apartheid, doesn't necessarily make it cool.

mandela wore the bok jersey at a time when he needed to show white people how moderate and conciliatory the ANC was. that time is over now and it would be nice to move forward. i understand that changing an emblem won't change the endemic problems within SA sport, but symbols are important. change can be painful, but why stay stuck in the past?

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

I can agree with everything else you said, but that is crazy talk.

I can't believe you just said that.

yeah, let's not do that.

sero147

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-3
    • View Profile

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile

change can be painful, but why stay stuck in the past?

cash has waited his whole life to hear this come from you. now im sure he can retire from AG peacefully
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +16/-18
    • View Profile
@Dplanet and Cash. Only apply it for cold-blooded murders. Dudes have itchy fingers because they know that the justice system favours murderers and robbers. They get a pathetic 10 years for murder and catch more bodies when they get out. Back to rugby (pardon the slight derailment of your thread, Krook). Why should we change the Bok emblem? If we change it, will we no longer be known as the Springboks? Why should the emblem change because 10 people say so? I'd rather not go to Mamelodi and hear that a boy of mine got killed for his cash. That's a more pressing issue. The Boks are alright, leave them be and rather support the Sharks on saturday.
quot;Don't take shots if you ain't usin a handgun"

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile
@Dplanet and Cash. Only apply it for cold-blooded murders. Dudes have itchy fingers because they know that the justice system favours murderers and robbers. They get a pathetic 10 years for murder and catch more bodies when they get out. Back to rugby (pardon the slight derailment of your thread, Krook). Why should we change the Bok emblem? If we change it, will we no longer be known as the Springboks? Why should the emblem change because 10 people say so? I'd rather not go to Mamelodi and hear that a boy of mine got killed for his cash. That's a more pressing issue. The Boks are alright, leave them be and rather support the Sharks on saturday.

cosig. on the death penalty thing too
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!