Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Springbok Emblem R.I.P.

That Bastard Crook

• I woulda told Mitch not-to-leave-Rico, and instead 'a' wearing chains rock-da-Steve-Biko
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +71/-25
  • Right-wing fascists call me "Die Swart Gevaar"
    • View Profile
Sad state of affairs yo. Butana Khomphela's wielding da executioners axe on the Springbok emblem. As a rugby fanatic I was astounded to see that Officials from the Soweto Rugby Club were actually backing the move. As a Xhosa person from Cape Flats, I know for a fact that Black and Coloured people from Eastern and Western Cape love that emblem, as I do. But at the same time Khompela's right about the insistent arrogance and racism of the white rugby public, no doubt about it. But is axing the emblem the ultimate solution?..
At da Centre, it's Inventor of dis Art-of-Rap / Seida-Crook I'm da Genuine Artefact // Rappers know I spit Godly-Rap, I gave da Industry a Heart-Attack / Like "OH MY GOD-HE'S-BACK"!!!!!!! /

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
I have mixed feelings 'bout the whole thang! A half of me says...fcuk it....and the other says preserve it!

Anyway Sharks are in the final,their Backline got pace jong.

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
Im yet to hear a solid reason why it should be changed. how is the emblem being aligned with racist behavior
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
I think we should have the same emblem for ALL our national teams. The protea or a Vuvuzela(lol).

The springbok was cool, but at the end of the day it doesnt represent all South Africans. It is a symbol with "certain" negative connotations to black people.
In fact Rugby as a whole has certain negative connotations to black people.

So the Springbok should go simply because there is somewhat of a negativity towards the symbol for some people.
@cash_sog

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
I think we should have the same emblem for ALL our national teams. The protea or a Vuvuzela(lol).

The springbok was cool, but at the end of the day it doesnt represent all South Africans. It is a symbol with "certain" negative connotations to black people.

So the Springbok should go simply because there is somewhat of a negativity towards the symbol for some people.

what about the springbok. was it something that was used by the previous oppressors? what about it?

That Bastard Crook

• I woulda told Mitch not-to-leave-Rico, and instead 'a' wearing chains rock-da-Steve-Biko
  • AG Regular
    • View Profile

Ain't too sure 'bout that, coz Black South Africans have been playing Rugby for over a 100 years.
At da Centre, it's Inventor of dis Art-of-Rap / Seida-Crook I'm da Genuine Artefact // Rappers know I spit Godly-Rap, I gave da Industry a Heart-Attack / Like "OH MY GOD-HE'S-BACK"!!!!!!! /

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile

True i feel you there on "negative connotations to our people" but what will the new Emblem achieve Cash? Huh? huh? When sport is segregated a political solution is practical and is a must, but if sport is to move forward and grow it will not be advanced by politics i think.

That Bastard Crook

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
Co-sign. Politics are required in Sport when there is a dire need for them such as Apartheid. As this present moment, there's no crisis in Rugby (in fact Bafana Bafana require more Govt. intervention) so I don't see the need for this whole saga.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

If that's true, let's just ban rugby :)

sero147

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-3
    • View Profile
it dont matter whether the emblem is there or not, those elements who hold on to racist attitudes will still be there.. this the father of SA rugby "Danie Craven" said when asked about intergration... he said that we can play with the blacks but that team will never be the Springboks.. not his exact words but something to this effect

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
My sentiments exactly banning the emblem will do nothing if the people making decisions are still racist... its just useless PR that wont solve anything...

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
This is Olympic - or perhaps World Cup - level stupidity.

Yeah, let's ban the Springbok emblem. That'll work. Forget about actually spending money on coaches, facilities and training workshops in rural areas and at schools. Don't worry about investing in the training and recruiting of support staff and regional team facilities. We'll just put time and effort into changing a symbol because it'll make the comrades happy.

f*** off.

*Goes off singing the scarecrow's theme from the Wizard of Oz, "If only i had a brain..."*
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Go white people go.

Now watch as DA support increases daily

That not good enough for ya?

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile

If that's true, let's just ban rugby :)

its not that simple.
some less-disadvantaged black people have embraced rugby and so there are also blacks who see the sprinkbok symbol in a positive way.

also a lot of historically white schools, which accepted black students have instilled the rugby culture into those black kids so rugby itself has a level of acceptance with black people.

all i was sayin is that some "more disadvantaged" black people see it in a negative way because of their experience.

Rugby is not the problem, its a great sport.
Its the way it was USED as a Apartheid tool that is the problem.
In fact, even to this day Rugby seems like a safe place to practise racism for a lot of white people(not all white people of course)

So lets change all our sports emblems to the Vuvuzela.lol. jokes
But sorry the Bok has to go!
@cash_sog

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
But sorry the Bok has to go!

im still asking... why u think the springbok must go