Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

originality

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
@ Dpleezy. word. thanks for clearing that up. knew some people would get lost in the semantics. but that's basically what i meant. by the way, who would you list?

@Watz. can't believe i left out Audio Visual (do you have any tapes/albums by the way?) and Blk Sonshine. too dope. and sibot - man, there was a time when the whole African Dope contingent used to kill it. thabs is a staple, of course. haven't heard of P.E.R.M (put me on!). i must say though, i don't know about that Kenzhero guy. i mean, his sets to me have always been cool as far as playing all the right tracks at the right places at the right times goes. but other than that he doesn't really do much for me. what else does he do :-\?

@bornenbl3d. been sleeping on those ETC cats. see they've been getting shine in the niche media (Obrigado, One Small Seed). will peep. and yo put me on to that Invisible Man!

@Waylander. again, put me on bro. who's the Jerusalem Man? what's he on?

« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 07:40:33 PM by the panic! »

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
As far as Audio Visual I got an old promo CD that featured the songs

A\V
Pop Type
Copastetic Phenomenology
Not Sayin'
and
Semen

As for P.E.R.M. it was a 9-piece crew from Jo'burg, which included Tumi, Zee, Strawmoon, Space2wice, Kju52, Richard The 3rd, McWillie, Neo Shamiyaa and Dilseng, they released a Tape called APT: An Artistic Representation of Truth, I only heard a couple of songs from it, but what I heard was out of this world, if anybody is reading this that has a copy, please, please, please hook a brother up!!

Now for Kenzhero, I have a CD of his called DJ Kenzhero Presents His Rare And Unreleased Bootlegs, Remixes And Instrumentals the CD is really dope, I really dig the samples he uses and the way he flips them, has a real jazzy bluesy kind of feel to it, the CD features Bhubesii, Vikinduku, 5th Floor, Damola, Zubz, Tumi and Lebo Mashile.

I'm going to upload the Audio Visual CD for people to download, because it needs to be heard, and a lot of people that I've mentioned this too, were unfamiliar with the material, AV are WAAAAYYY ahead of their time!

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
dope! upload that shit, yo! that P.E.R.M shit sounds too ill. yo, where can i get that kenzhero drop?

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
Blk Sonshine is very original. Many influences sited but you'd never mistake their sound for anyone else.

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
here's the link for the Kenzhero CD LINK REMOVED/download/8813899de3bd68/

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

biz-ark-human

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Corporate Nemesis on bandcamp
@bornenbl3d. been sleeping on those ETC cats. see they've been getting shine in the niche media (Obrigado, One Small Seed). will peep. and yo put me on to that Invisible Man!

Word, ETC Crew is bonkers, and their performances always come fresh and unhinged. Their DJ, White Nite, can also rock super-dope sets. Cop their album, got to their website (www.etccrew.com), support their hustle!!! (Sorry, but I'm a huuge fan :D )

As for Invisible Man, trax are tight. Not so sure about their stage presence though, they failed to impress me when I first saw them...but I figure that was only relative to the work they'd put out on wax, which is reallly sweet. Any links to their material? Maybe Tate has something...Second Son...anyone??

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-4
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile
@ the panic! and biz-ark-human

Yeah White Nite is sick enough. Mad amusing edge to that whole crew and they got mad flavour, sorry but I mean that in the truest sense of the statement. You should see White Nite's promo pic with the tissue in his nose.  That's that edge I like. No PM Dawn.

The Sensei would be the one to talk to re InvisibleMan. I have some stuff but I wouldn't be ok with upping that unseconded by Second Son. Would be supabeetch. I think the concept is fresh though, just hope it's not too broad for the SA picture, but who cares. Stagewise I can't comment, yet (hopefully!).

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
Who's 'The Sensei'?
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-4
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile
Are you sure you're ready, I mean really ready to take that pill? To know the unknowable truth?

mphossiblepunkstah

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +7/-10
  • im a BEAUTIFUL MESS.....
    • View Profile
Blk Sonshine is very original. Many influences sited but you'd never mistake their sound for anyone else.

no mistakeS there! i totally AGREE
mind is what im made of
where my spoken word is formed
lie not for this here is what mind is

the re-birth of me....the potrait of life

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
Gini Grindith, ETC as mentioned already, Tumi and the volume (b4 disbanding)..good times, honerable mentions
Dark Lords (well,garlic brown really  :D) , The realist, Maniac Metalloids, Writers Block
5th floor but  think i've mentioned 2 many cape town based acts

NYAMBZ (u all know he was the first 2 run with that 'pete rock/dilla' sound, with an african twist)
cant think of new ones 2 add ryt now