Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

What R they doing

fana-galor

• Guppie
    • REP: +0/-1
    • View Profile
Yestaday I was hanging out with my people and we start talking about abo sista in the rap game. What are they actually doing to make a name for them. This whole year theres been no xcitment about any female rappers. Have they all just given up or maybe we just not told what they are busy with. How many of our local sista are travelling like abo Tumi and HHP. They all end up at rap sessions and look like poets. Maybe you can school me if maybe i stupid. Out of bonke bo sista in the rap game eMzansi, who do you think will be the first to really blow up? Who will be the first to be on a cover of a magazine and deserve it. The only one who got cover was Supa (rumour has it she slept with the editor to get on).

What are your thought gents?

Anna Sasin

• Silencer of Strumpets
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +8/-7
    • View Profile
Yestaday I was hanging out with my people and we start talking about abo sista in the rap game. What are they actually doing to make a name for them. This whole year theres been no xcitment about any female rappers. Have they all just given up or maybe we just not told what they are busy with. How many of our local sista are travelling like abo Tumi and HHP. They all end up at rap sessions and look like poets. Maybe you can school me if maybe i stupid. Out of bonke bo sista in the rap game eMzansi, who do you think will be the first to really blow up? Who will be the first to be on a cover of a magazine and deserve it. The only one who got cover was Supa (rumour has it she slept with the editor to get on).
What are your thought gents?
reli?didn hear tht1,if so dats a damn shame
You are your best thing! - Toni Morrison (Beloved)

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
yep I heard that too...she neva deserved that cover...she only had 2 songs...wer is she now?

anyways how many femcees are there in sa?

Nthabi, Sky wanda, Qba, Bianca, who else is there....?

I think Nthabi is doing her thing though...lookin 4ward to the album, shud be out soon...

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
so what magazine was she on?

wasnt chomee a rapper? LOL!
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

fana-galor

• Guppie
    • View Profile
so what magazine was she on?

wasnt chomee a rapper? LOL!

She was on Hype. 2 years back I think.
Mina I just want to know what they are doing. We all know the names but not what they are doing.what hustle are they pushing? which one is actully making money or signing major contracts like clothing, cellphones deals etc?
Seems like none. None of them are representing us or them enough.

yak

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
i know in the cape there a a couple of sick femcees, like evesdrop, but i agree they are not making the moves and getting the play they deserve

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

Da Intrikate

• AG Regular
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
I think Qba deserves a hype cover and recognition. One of the tightest MC's by far.

note, i did not say tightest female mc but tightest mc by far

Real Talk
 love black, I wish I was two shades darker

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
the truth is that there are not that many rappers of any gender doing things of the scale you're talking about (cellphone deals, sponsorship deals etc). you only get that level of success if you manage to cross over from pure hip hop to the mainstream.

we don't have a south african equivalent of lil mama, for example. ie. a female artist with credible lyrical skills who is comfortable in a cipher, but can also make pop hits and look fly.

SA's female rappers mostly seem to fall into the earnest backpacker / poet / activist category (where looks aren't the top priority). or they look fly but aren't making crossover tracks. or they look fly but don't have the skills.

It's a real gap in the market, but it's not gonna filled with a lil mama clone. Any female rapper that's gonna be a success is going to need to be proudly south african.

Anna Sasin

• Silencer of Strumpets
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +8/-7
    • View Profile

SA's female rappers mostly seem to fall into the earnest backpacker / poet / activist category (where looks aren't the top priority). or they look fly but aren't making crossover tracks. or they look fly but don't have the skills.

this cracked me up, with women looks are always important,nt evn a brain can save u it seems. bt @least u have to be able to spit, unlike pop wher being able to sing is optional as long as u phly
You are your best thing! - Toni Morrison (Beloved)

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

this cracked me up, with women looks are always important,nt evn a brain can save u it seems. bt @least u have to be able to spit, unlike pop wher being able to sing is optional as long as u phly

looks are important for all pop artists. usher, chris brown, ne-yo etc are all selling their a** as much as their skills.

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile

lmao, very true....

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile
I think Qba deserves a hype cover and recognition. One of the tightest MC's by far.

Real Talk

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
I think Qba deserves a hype cover and recognition.

what has she done? any hits? any videos? an album out? overseas tours? sponsorship deals? licensing deals?

fana-galor

• Guppie
    • View Profile

Real Talk

And what do you gents think of Nthabi and Bianca Williams? Apperently Nthabi travels a lot but why dont we ever know about this stuff.The article in hype said she signs contract left-right and middle. Do you think they deserves a cover?