Africasgateway.com

I AM Hip-Pop

cash · 133 · 40822

Alcatel

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +2/-3
  • wa gwan?
    • View Profile
sumhow im glad i havent heard those hip pop tracks....jus umsindo n muthaland (radion n tv)
a ha ha ha ha ha ah ah ah! AHa ahh aa a a.....

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
I know heads are getting upset, but hasn't 'pop' always been part of hip hop?

I mean, no one can question Busta Rhymes' credentials but he's made a lot of 'pop' and club-type tracks. Does this damage his reputation in your eyes?

I'm a big believer in ying and yang - opposite and equal forces that create harmonious balance. Hip Hop encompa**es the whole of my life so I need a variety of different styles within hip hop to match my usage needs. If I'm in a club I don't want to be hearing deeply introspective mellow music. Likewise, if I'm taking a nice sunday drive in the countryside, I don't want banging club beats in my ride.

I've always liked Jamaicans' attitude to music - they encompa** the ying and yang concept perfectly. Everything fits within Dancehall, from hard, gangsta shit to remixes of pop songs. You get an artist like Capleton doing tracks about righteous fire burning sinners, poverty in the ghetto and getting down in the club. No one in JA calls Capleton a sell-out - it's part of their culture.

I'm glad we have cats who believe in pushing the pure artform above all else, but I don't like the attitude that people shouldn't be allowed to have fun or get silly sometimes without meeting with disapproval. The same cats who look down on rappers who make club tracks are quite happy to go and party to House music.

SUPER RUTHLESS

• SOUTH OF A
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +24/-20
  • New South Movement
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Men Entertainment
Siphocashi, I was thinking. Maybe I should join you guys and become a crackhead too. Ever thought of branching off into publishing.

We can write crack books, in which we take a bunch of ideas from all the top selling books of the day and combine all their plots and storylines into one. It'll be the same as what you're doing with music.

I can combine The secret with whatever is hot on the Mills n Boon scene. The ladies will love it. Then I can add in some American cultural references that have no relevance to my life or that of anyone in SA and if anyone complains we can just say their hating on our swag.

Let me know. I think I can have the first book finished in a month. Cut and Paste goes much quicker than actually having to think.

Its that CRACccKKK

u forgot to add the harry potter plot, since thats very hot at the moment and its what the kids want  ::) and all u need to do is change the names slightly i.e "Siphocashi Potter"  ;D

THAT LADY!

• I'm just a lil angel , I bring good luck!
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +20/-50
  • Your Royal flyness
    • View Profile
Siphocashi, I was thinking. Maybe I should join you guys and become a crackhead too. Ever thought of branching off into publishing.

We can write crack books, in which we take a bunch of ideas from all the top selling books of the day and combine all their plots and storylines into one. It'll be the same as what you're doing with music.

I can combine The secret with whatever is hot on the Mills n Boon scene. The ladies will love it. Then I can add in some American cultural references that have no relevance to my life or that of anyone in SA and if anyone complains we can just say their hating on our swag.

Let me know. I think I can have the first book finished in a month. Cut and Paste goes much quicker than actually having to think.

Its that CRACccKKK

u forgot to add the harry potter plot, since thats very hot at the moment and its what the kids want  ::) and all u need to do is change the names slightly i.e "Siphocashi Potter"  ;D
lol!!!

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile

i was just out on the street and i didn't hear any buzz about any of those tracks

Damian you really have to get out more... Have you tried walking down Crack Avenue, D#ck Ryder Drive, Delusional Lane or big-hype-low-sales boulevard, plenty buzz over there.
TEll him Nyambs ;D :D ;D
ps. Lookout for Cash/Rattex collabo real soon ;)

Cash.....stay away from the dudes who are doing real HH (i.e.Rattex).....you should be making collabos with the "Tipie Toes" bubble gum a** kissing raps......The type of music u doing is ok 4 young high school kids......Dont come out here and front to be be Hip-Hop......coz now u currently on Hip-Hop's nuts begging ur bubble gum a** to be taken in

Too late bru! D has already sent me the beats!
Theres one with Lungelo on the hook that ive already written to!
And another one i'ma sing on!
P Unit/Crackboys - Its comin.

ps. f*** hiphop that shit died, i do hippop crack music. ya dig :-*
there are no limits! i can work with whoever i want!
u might be able to question "real hiphop" artists for working with me, but i can work with any hiphop artist,or any other artist from any genre! theres no rule against it in my position! ;)
@cash_sog

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

Its that CRACccKKK

good idea man. i will be expecting the summarised version soon
@cash_sog

Alcatel

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +2/-3
  • wa gwan?
    • View Profile
....house is nice...even that crunk isht.sum hip pop is jus 2 formulistic 4 my likin
a ha ha ha ha ha ah ah ah! AHa ahh aa a a.....

Omero's Daddy

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +16/-8
  • the kid...the wonder.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nyambo

No doubt. Speaking of which what happened to the Blaklez feature? U been sitting with that for over six months. U said it was done in June, we havent heard a bar yet? Wattup? Was fear the hold up? U cant say it was time, because you've recorded quite a bit of music since, and continue to do so. So wheres the track?
Upcoming from Next Door Music: Damola - illustration | Austin 25 & Daddy Kool - Stand-up brothers | Blaklez - Boy Next Door!

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-4
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile
Sorry for the late response. Elements yes. As long as you saying something I'm down. Shit has to be musical sometimes and there has always undeniably been a brag, style, showoff element to all of hip hop.   That Kids in The Hall El-P remix (for example) definitely worked and shit like that I definitely play. It's also about sound and presence and I also can't stand hip hop "culture" when it is JUST penis parties and cosmological pseudo political raps, this I have been ma**ively vocal about, I'm actually surprised people on AG have accommodate me for this long given some of the shit I said back then. Anyway insert 2005 debacles here.  I'm all for collaboration and eclecticism, just don't sell the f*** out. That is an intangible line that we all know when we're transgressing.

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
There has always been a fun element to hip hop. In fact, there would be no hip hop without the bragging and party atmosphere that went along with the scene during the early days.

The difference is, that all these party rappers and dj's had some sort of originality. They all repped where they were from in their own wayand made it fun to listen to them, instead of just taking what the cats from other scenes were doing and copying it, to call it their own.

It doesn't always hav to be deep meaningful music, but at least it should be fun and creative, as opposed to sounding like it comes off a production line.I enjoyed listening to The Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff, or The Fat boys just as much as I enjoy BDP or NWA.
Slick Rick or Digital Underground were just as much fun as Rakim or Tupac.

Can we say the same of Souljah Boy or Plies, compared to Immortal Technique and Elzhi?
Shit even Elzhi makes better fun music that those two.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

No doubt. Speaking of which what happened to the Blaklez feature? U been sitting with that for over six months. U said it was done in June, we havent heard a bar yet? Wattup? Was fear the hold up? U cant say it was time, because you've recorded quite a bit of music since, and continue to do so. So wheres the track?

what! nigga? i thought the project was wrapped up! i even called u to apologise for not meeting the deadline. but if u still want it, i got it! beleive me its not fear! "the only cat i fear lyrically is Koli the Kid"
everyone else,really, i can body/or match if i wanted to.lol.

i recorded that verse the day after the thumi incident at ba**line so i took the opportunity to get a few things out on record.
but i reconciled with tumi the following coupla days when he called me.
So i decided to scrap that verse and do something more positive.
Unfortunately i had to get busy on the GIC2 mixtape,My solo,Kolis solo,K9's solo,Other collabos that were pushed back before i got the Blakles one, TONS of music videos and utter chaos of Managing a super group!

Gimme a week. @ Dplanet as well, i'll have the collabos done as soon as i can!
@cash_sog

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile

I've always liked Jamaicans' attitude to music - they encompa** the ying and yang concept perfectly. Everything fits within Dancehall, from hard, gangsta shit to remixes of pop songs. You get an artist like Capleton doing tracks about righteous fire burning sinners, poverty in the ghetto and getting down in the club. No one in JA calls Capleton a sell-out - it's part of their culture.

big WORD to that. We can't all be bubblegum fans just like we cant all be 'headz', how boring that would be... express yaself how u want to

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Hip-Pop is the future

Hip Pop is already here and has been here for a long time.

Robot Army Music is the future! :)

SUPER RUTHLESS

• SOUTH OF A
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +24/-20
  • New South Movement
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Men Entertainment
Hip Pop is already here and has been here for a long time.

Robot Army Music is the future! :)

Care to elaborate?  ???