Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Q-Tip Talks The Renaissance & Tribe Documentary

Headwarmaz

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +2/-2
  • Bush Radio 89.5 FM (www.bushradio.co.za)
    • View Profile
October 22nd, 2008 | Author: Edwin Ortiz

Though it’s been nearly a decade since Q-Tip’s last official studio release Amplified, the buzz off his new single “Getting’ Up” and its a**ociated album, The Renaissance has been exemplary of the type of emcee he is. Stopping by Hot 97’s Angie Martinez Show, Q-Tip discussed his new album and also a documentary currently being filmed on A Tribe Called Quest.
After co-signing the likes of Charles Hamilton and Lupe Fiasco as fresh faces that are progressing the art form of Hip Hop, Q-Tip explained the title and musical direction of his upcoming release.

“You know we always have these conversations about ‘yo this is wack, this music is wack,’ and whatever, [but] we turning the corner," explained Q-Tip. "I feel like [The Renaissance] is speaking to a resurgence of some Hip Hop music that is just good.”

Another topic that "The Abstract" spoke on was a documentary being produced by fellow New York emcee, Nas. The significance of their relationship dates back to the early 90’s and Nas’ debut album Illmatic, for which Q-Tip produced “One Love” and subsequently was featured on the track.

Obviously behind the project 100 percent, Q-Tip stated, “Nas is producing a documentary on A Tribe Called Quest that Michael Rappaport is shootin’. He approached me like, ‘I wanna shoot it.’ He’s getting into film, and he’s producing it. I saw some of the rushes [unedited footage] and it looks crazy.”

Q-Tip’s album The Renaissance hits stores Nov. 4.

Headwarmaz...

For the LOVE of Hip Hop

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Im sorry im not even in the very least concerned what this nicca has to say bout isht...last time he made a solo effort (amplified) offa violator that isht was WEAK, i didnt enjoy it one bit...but ima check for the doccie thou cos the ATCQ was bugged, shaped allot musical styles...but Nas on it...Hmmmmmmmmm why not hype Williams or sumin...anyway, ima check for the doccie and toss out the "abstract's" lp to the homeless

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
LOL @ Oints

his not directing nigga, he is the producer but anyway... theres a big difference between the two. am i right, film makers?

Yo Amplified is a dope album you should try listening to it again. Upsolutely hated it at first but got to even liking Vivrant Thing too in the end.

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

his not directing nigga, he is the producer but anyway... theres a big difference between the two. am i right, film makers?

Yo Amplified is a dope album you should try listening to it again. Upsolutely hated it at first but got to even liking Vivrant Thing too in the end.

thanks for the correction there sun  ;), kinda got carried away there....but on bumpin the debut solo effort again...nahhhhhhhh, i think ima pa**, rather bump the phife diggy dawg :)

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
thanks for the correction there sun  ;), kinda got carried away there....but on bumpin the debut solo effort again...nahhhhhhhh, i think ima pa**, rather bump the phife diggy dawg :)

lol. shit. Phife Diggy's solo efforts suck bru. lets not trying to argue about it. U really think its dope? In that case, i'll give it another try.

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile

Myth

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-16
    • View Profile
WTF?   oints?

amplified whack?

gotta outta ya focking mind nicca.....LET'S RIDE
its possible to take the art of making music seriously without taking yourself seriously

www.myspace.com/mythbeats101

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
youl niccas is hating mayn, i love Phife...dont get me wrong i dug abstract too on the tribe ish but i couldnt stomach his whiny a** voice on a solo endeavour...but like Rriz says, no use arguin the subject, i see an angry willy lynch mobb out to get ma a$$ with pickforks and torches talkin burn, hang, burn, hang, burn...LoL...

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
better get your a-dollar-dollar out of here before they catch you. lol

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

Headwarmaz

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +2/-2
  • Bush Radio 89.5 FM (www.bushradio.co.za)
    • View Profile
I hear that Q-tip wrote the rhymes for Phife Dawg on the Midnight Marauders album...but I'll listen to his solo ish, doubt that it'll curb my non-enthusiasm.
Headwarmaz...

For the LOVE of Hip Hop

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
WHAT  :-\ >:(..u see, now i was willing to let this isht go...but now we gon have to drag alla this back up again ...U "heard"..dont do that mayn, matterfact dont say things tht are unfounded...if u have proof bring it to the forefront and then say "q-tip wrote rhymes for Phife, here is the proof"...nicca**ss ???...no hearsay guys....

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
WHAT  :-\ >:(..u see, now i was willing to let this isht go...but now we gon have to drag alla this back up again ...U "heard"..dont do that mayn, matterfact dont say things tht are unfounded...if u have proof bring it to the forefront and then say "q-tip wrote rhymes for Phife, here is the proof"...nicca**ss ???...no hearsay guys....

maybe the proof is in Phife Diggy's solo album.  ;D

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
LoL...sumin told me u wouldnt be able to resist Rriz...but its cool mayn...youl niccas keep hating

LOL. yeah i couldnt  ;D

cant believe your a-dollar-dallar is still here.