Mobile Music Downloads

Dpleezy · 24 · 6649

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Just a q : Why do people who claim to have 'swagger' always bitch about being hated on ?

Its part of their "swag". Bitching about criticism comes with the package.

It also includes a box full of no real talent and an unhealthy obsession with telling the whole world what they own, rather than letting their abilities, or lack thereof speak for themselves.

It goes like this: Me - "I'm not really feeling that track"
Them - "You're just a hater! I have a Beemer and 30 pairs of kicks. My teddy bear is made from real bear fur!"

Or in Cash's case: "I carry the whole EC on my back!!!!! My people depend on me!!!!! I am the last best hope for the resurrection of Tupac himself!!!!! My brain is All White!!!! I'm All White Jack!!!!!"
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

Dr. Kanazawa

• Fcuk your couch!
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +2/-3
  • cd's nutz
    • View Profile
Just a q : Why do people who claim to have 'swagger' always bitch about being hated on ?

It also includes a box full of no real talent and an unhealthy obsession with telling the whole world what they own, rather than letting their abilities, or lack thereof speak for themselves.

Them - "You're just a hater! I have a Beemer and 30 pairs of kicks. My teddy bear is made from real bear fur!"
It's true this whole swagger business is getting out of hand, just the other day some dude asked me what my swagger I.Q is, I mean really now, wtf.
I'm sorry to say this but sometimes in S.A we tend to overdue things to the point where they become an irritation, where's all the creativity or are we all just waiting for the catz in the U.S to come up with something we regard as "cool" so that we can jump on that too.
I repeat...fcuk your couch

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
where's all the creativity or are we all just waiting for the catz in the U.S to come up with something we regard as "cool" so that we can jump on that too.
Yep, that's pretty much it.

If only they all knew that my swag is powerful enough to actually gang rape a gang by itself, they would all just shut the f*** up and not mention their pathetic swag ever again.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

It's true this whole swagger business is getting out of hand, just the other day some dude asked me what my swagger I.Q is, I mean really now, wtf.
I'm sorry to say this but sometimes in S.A we tend to overdue things to the point where they become an irritation, where's all the creativity or are we all just waiting for the catz in the U.S to come up with something we regard as "cool" so that we can jump on that too.

I don't think cats believe in themselves enough to start new trends. It's too much like hard work when you can just hop on american fads from 4 years ago and make them big over here.

...but this is about mobile downloads :)

Bashin

• im the One
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-4
    • View Profile
but D The mobile downloads are part of Mo's SWAG or is it hustle ?Whatever..Mad Rapper's swag makes him go out there and get niggas with big dicks to f*** him in the a**
www.kasimp3.co.za/s3P7 #BLAZIN_SPEAKERS

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Mad Rapper's swag makes him go out there and get niggas with big dicks to f*** him in the a**

:D :D :D :D :D

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
but D The mobile downloads are part of Mo's SWAG or is it hustle ?Whatever..Mad Rapper's swag makes him go out there and get niggas with big dicks to f*** him in the a**

Yeah, maybe part of the whole swag is to show that you have enough cash to pay R320 for an album that you usually won't pay more than R60 for.

This whole swag thing has been old for about a year now. I just got an invitation to a Bloem event hosted by a crew called Bloem's swagger Kings and Queens.

The dj's playin are boys of mine that I've played with before, but I would never support them at such a gig. I tjust told them that they make me wanna do a Luke Watson and vomit on hip hop.

Draztik

• Producer - CEO
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +5/-1
    • View Profile
    • Unreleased Records
Did a little study on mobile download pricing,
The problem with most the music coming from the labels overseas, is that its coming in at recommended wholesale price of R6 from UK pricing, but its true cost is more or less cost of +-R4.50 (64cents) in the US.
so after:

Admin fees recomended at about 10-20%,
DRM licensing ABOUT +- R1,
Marketing 2%,
Publishing 7,5%,
Holdbacks & Exclusions at 10%
u sitting at R9.57 total cost -

possible markup of 20-30% u should be retailing the track at about R11.48 -12.44

Rounding it off R11 - R12 should be the retail price. labels do however give discounts to further drive the price to about R10.00 or so,
Now if you buying local tracks the costs should be down at not more then R 7 to R 8 a track.

another thing mobile company should be offering an full album discount, u should'nt be paying for each track if u getting the whole thing- strange!

D

« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 08:19:28 PM by Draztik »

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
  • www.roachinc.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
All id like to say to all emerging artists is that:

http://mtnloaded.mtn.co.za/dsb/LoadedWEB/Level2.do?cid=24320&gid=3502614

Your tracks will cost about r5 to download, there will be ma**ive support in terms of pushing ur music on radio and various other media platforms.

r20 bucks is ridiculous, im not sure whetehr they were looking at the falling power of the rand and in trying to target the international online music buyers, perhaps, paying 1.25 pounds per track might not be mush, but for us r20 is a shit lot.

digital music downloads are meant to be easily accessible and convinient and cheaper because this is meant to cut off so many middle men, but r20 is a stright up jack, not unless Neo Shante already has a fan base that will cop their music irrespective of how much it goes for, and then big ups to them, cos if they getting a considerable cut from that, then its a dope hustle. "price it right the first time, n watch it sell like hot cakes"
N'veigh's Album ,titled 7.30, dropping on 7.30