Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

NEVER EVER SAY NEVER

Anthony

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +3/-8
  • Wisdom is knowing when you can't be wise!
    • View Profile
http://www.africasgateway.com/forums/index.php?topic=22496.msg135880#msg135880

On April 01, 2008, 03:05:11 one quondam Jack the Ripper, now New, Jack haughtily wrote:

I stand corrected

Zimbabweans they thought SA would be on fire by now, thats not going to happen, not in our lifetime, not with all the lessons we drew from around the continent and the world. Unlike you, we're not obssessed with 'colonial masters' and the symbols they left in our country, those sysmbols have signatures of South Africans who gave of their labour, their time and their lives, because of that and logical reason we won't destroy them. You're obssessed with destroying anything and everything that represent your colonial master but cross borders to sell your souls to them, you follow your colonial masters to England to serve them, isn't that a double standard?. I salute your peers who remained in Zimbabwe.

I DONT THINK ANC would ever be compared to Zanu pf you can at least compare it to the PAC. In the eighties it was the zimbabweans accusing south africans for sitting back, necklacing each other, singing a few freedoms songs, did some toyi-toying while waiting their turn in the back of a truck to be banished to the "bantustans"; and so it seemed.

Zimbabweans wondered loudly why south africans would not take arms and fight a "real" guerilla war agains minority rule as zimbabweans had done in the 70's.

To give you another historical percepective, it has been stated that the reason mugabe's party found the PAC as a natural ally was that organization's militancy and willingness to confront the apartheid regime at it's foundation- it's military.

5 months later, S.A did burst into xenophobic flames of frustration and it looks like their political turmoil is in its incipience.Hope the cancer doesnt spread.
We have an old adage in Zimbabwe: Seka urema wafa! It means laugh at the disabled when you are dead. Tomorrow you might be the handicapped.
Chosen

Malcom E.K.K.S

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-4
  • By any means necessary
    • View Profile

Anna Sasin

• Silencer of Strumpets
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +8/-7
    • View Profile
i disagree
as south africans i think we will always be optimistic about our country.
wat reli got me was when i came to varsity 3yrs ago and came across so many zimbabweans on our campus who were negative about south africa's future. this wud not be instigated by attacks by south africans bt it seemed to be out of a sense of 'if we're going down,ur going down too', sometimes the argument was that it was the natural cycle of all african countries n we shud wait our turn.it baffled me. it actuali stirred up alot of xenophobic feelings amongst south african students who felt like wel if its armageddon up in here wy r u here enjoying an education?
i think that's where some of the haughtiness from south africans comes from,its a form of defense,albeit not a very good one.
You are your best thing! - Toni Morrison (Beloved)

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
you seem happy about this, but i don't see how you're vindicated.

xenophobic violence against your people shits on "haughty" online remarks for 3 days and a few tuesdays.

'if we're going down,ur going down too'

this is what this guy is doing. i wonder what his motives are. it won't improve zimbabwe's basket case economy. just breed unnecessary hostility.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 08:54:20 PM by the panic! »

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
i disagree
as south africans i think we will always be optimistic about our country.
wat reli got me was when i came to varsity 3yrs ago and came across so many zimbabweans on our campus who were negative about south africa's future. this wud not be instigated by attacks by south africans bt it seemed to be out of a sense of 'if we're going down,ur going down too', sometimes the argument was that it was the natural cycle of all african countries n we shud wait our turn.it baffled me. it actuali stirred up alot of xenophobic feelings amongst south african students who felt like wel if its armageddon up in here wy r u here enjoying an education?
i think that's where some of the haughtiness from south africans comes from,its a form of defense,albeit not a very good one.
You haven't really made an aguement for WHY you disagree there. I'd love to hear your justifications.

Anna Sasin

• Silencer of Strumpets
  • AG Regular
    • View Profile
http://www.africasgateway.com/forums/index.php?topic=22496.msg135880#msg135880

On April 01, 2008, 03:05:11 one quondam Jack the Ripper, now New, Jack haughtily wrote:

I stand corrected

Zimbabweans they thought SA would be on fire by now, thats not going to happen, not in our lifetime, not with all the lessons we drew from around the continent and the world. Unlike you, we're not obssessed with 'colonial masters' and the symbols they left in our country, those sysmbols have signatures of South Africans who gave of their labour, their time and their lives, because of that and logical reason we won't destroy them. You're obssessed with destroying anything and everything that represent your colonial master but cross borders to sell your souls to them, you follow your colonial masters to England to serve them, isn't that a double standard?. I salute your peers who remained in Zimbabwe.

I DONT THINK ANC would ever be compared to Zanu pf you can at least compare it to the PAC. In the eighties it was the zimbabweans accusing south africans for sitting back, necklacing each other, singing a few freedoms songs, did some toyi-toying while waiting their turn in the back of a truck to be banished to the "bantustans"; and so it seemed.

Zimbabweans wondered loudly why south africans would not take arms and fight a "real" guerilla war agains minority rule as zimbabweans had done in the 70's.

To give you another historical percepective, it has been stated that the reason mugabe's party found the PAC as a natural ally was that organization's militancy and willingness to confront the apartheid regime at it's foundation- it's military.

5 months later, S.A did burst into xenophobic flames of frustration and it looks like their political turmoil is in its incipience.Hope the cancer doesnt spread.
We have an old adage in Zimbabwe: Seka urema wafa! It means laugh at the disabled when you are dead. Tomorrow you might be the handicapped.
This is what I disagree with, I don't believe the South African instinct or desire is to 'laugh at the disabled', its almost like this a**umption is made that we are happy about zim going under.not true.my point is that sometimes Zimbabweans are on the offensive to prove that 'well SA aint shit either' scenario, automatically a**uming that we're gloating over their situation.this in turn antagonises South Africans.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 08:53:18 PM by Anna Sasin »

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
chicken and egg theory here...its easy fo south africans to say they started it, n vise versa fo zimbabweans- u cant really say who's the initial offender here cuz this can on...

south africans haven't 'laughed at the disabled', they lynch them instead (generalizing here, but u know wat i'm gettin at). B4 zimbabweans it was the nigerians, now the somalis... so u sayin all of these people brought it upon themselves cuz they're unappreciating, freeloaders just hopin "we all go down together"? then there's sumn wrong wid you

Anna Sasin

• Silencer of Strumpets
  • AG Regular
    • View Profile
^^^lol,um no.wtf?
im talkin bout talk between Sa's and Zim's on my campus, amongst educated young adults and the a**umptions that divide us unnecessarily.

ur talkin about xenophobic attacks wich had their roots in SA citizens own distrust of the government delivering to them what they promised and using foreigners as a scapegoat.poor ppl who are easily taken up and empowered in groups and who chose will over reason.
totali different set of circumstances and motives involved. ::) ::)

do all SA's want to hurt foreigners.no!u sed u generalising...no kidding!

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 08:00:39 PM by Anna Sasin »