SALES RE-UP!!!!

cash · 14 · 4574

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
Hip Hop Album Sales: The Week Ending 10/26/08

party deejay staple AC/DC entered the charts at #1 this week, followed by a third edition of those celebutante kids from High School Musical, shifting T.I.  to a third place, the first time he's done so with this new album.

Paper Trail did not gain its platinum plaque this week, but with a video, after a trailer, of "Live Your Life" more support is likely.

The rest of the upper charts' urban releases saw no changes from last week. As Ne-Yo's Year of the Gentleman stayed at #8, Lil Wayne practically copied his work from last week with Tha Carter III selling within a thousand copies of previous week. Young Jeezy [click to read] gained a spot with another strong performance of Recession . The Game  and LAX  continue to do well, despite presently lacking a national radio single.

Top 200 Album Sales (Top 5 Hip Hop/R&B)

Rank Artist Album             This Week              Est. Total
3      T.I.  Paper Trail          93,427                  971,076

8  Ne-Yo Yr of the Gentleman 30,711                 521,453

10 Lil Wayne Tha Carter III 25,384                   2,601,685

15  Young Jeezy Recession 20,962                    561,561

25  The Game  LAX            16,451                  531,853

Only Nelly held a rap spot on the charts between positions #25 and #100, taking the #97 spot with Bra** Knuckles
Although rarely discussed in the traditional Hip Hop marketplace, San Diego Latino rapper Lil Rob made an impressive debut with his ninth studio album, Twelve Eighteen, Part 2, released on the independent Upstairs Records.
DJ Khaled continues to struggle with his worst commercial outing of his three Koch releases. The Miami Terror Squad deejay may have his mind on Def Jam artist Ace Hood than his own, usually formidable market wizardry.

Devin The Dude and Landing Gear prove to be an independent success story, outdoing Murs, Z-Ro and Jake One in sales on the charts.
Nas' Untitled  has reached the bottom of the charts. Although placement is only decided with a few hundred weekly units, if the Queensbridge superstar departs the Top 200 without a gold plaque, the artist may be unhappy with his label, falling short of what would have likely been bonus money.
Other Notables

Rank Artist Album This Week Est. Total
 Nelly
 Bra** Knuckles

Lil Rob
 1218 Part 2

DJ Khaled
 We Global
 Devin The Dude
 Landing Gear

Nas
 Untitled

@cash_sog

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Nas drops one of the most important albums of this year and he can't even go gold?

Wow. It continually amazes me how stupid people are.

Shot for these Cash, good looks.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

OG Beezak

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +6/-16
  • uMlazi--- keep hustling
    • View Profile
Nas drops one of the most important albums of this year and he can't even go gold?

Shot for these Cash, good looks.

Co-sigdy that ish main
Straight outta Mzilayi. It's that code 031 baby
              Hip Hop till 'am 75. Gcwala

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
umhh, whats that line in'testify' again.. "f*** it i'll go gold wid it"...just,just,just..scrapped it... doesnt seem like it's gona be a good christmas fo esco, maybe April?

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
yeah, sorry nas, no def jam bonus this time.eish
@cash_sog

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
umhh, whats that line in'testify' again.. "f*** it i'll go gold wid it"...just,just,just..scrapped it... doesnt seem like it's gona be a good christmas fo esco, maybe April?

fact is it will go gold. thats all that matter. when is irrelevant
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
yeah, nobody is sayin it won't...it absolutely will man, just not this year (that's all i was saying  ;))

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
Good looks there Cash, Game put out a solid and dope album this year!!

dat dude who happens to rap!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +7/-12
    • View Profile
Im suprised nas was doing so bad! but I was even more suprised that lil wayne is still selling and holding it down! big up to him!

T.I im sure he will hit a mill soon !

Cash whats your sales figures?

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
  • www.roachinc.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
TI is holdin it down!!!!!

Paper trail has all the makings of a multi platinun record. dat album b dope, all round.
N'veigh's Album ,titled 7.30, dropping on 7.30

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
Im suprised nas was doing so bad! but I was even more suprised that lil wayne is still selling and holding it down! big up to him!

T.I im sure he will hit a mill soon !

Cash whats your sales figures?

since when is gold bad.  that was his target anyhow. so i wudnt say its bad. T.O.S is bad, LLCool J's exit 13 is bad
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
John Legend remained the top urban act for the second straight week, as AC/DC, Hinder, Pink and two soundtracks occupied the first five spots. T.I. remained close behind, with what remains the second best-selling rap album this year in Paper Trail

Over five years removed from a release, Q-Tip fell just short of a Top 10 debut week with his critically acclaimed Universal Motown release The Renaissance.

With limited airplay and unanimously strong reviews, this album will be interesting to watch, as the label succeeded with similar circumstances with Erykah Badu earlier this year.

Ne-Yo's Year of the Gentleman continues to be a better showing than any rap release for the Def Jam label. Lil Wayne stayed in his mid-twenties zone of recent, selling Tha Carter III strongly towards three million.

John Legend  Evolver 72,113 205,207

T.I.
 Paper Trail  68,782 1,116,409

Q-Tip Renaissance 34,219 34,219

Ne-Yo
 Year of the Gentleman 25,209 573,236

Lil Wayne
 Tha Carter III 23,960 2,648,682

Young Jeezy remains strong with his Recession gaining a few spots from last week . The Game and LAX [click to read] remains Top 40.
Atlanta dance sensation DJ Unk debuted just shy of the Top 100 with his Koch Records release 2econd Season

The artist and project is getting a strong promotion from 2K Sports as well, which may help build out singles, making the release longer lasting on the charts. Nelly nd Bra** Knuckles remain on the charts as well, another product of Universal's banner year.

With the exception of DJ Khaled and Raphael Saadiq the remaining urban, rap-related release was Plies , who with a new album due in a month, spends what may be one of his final weeks on the chart with his sophomore effort Definition of Real

Other Notables

Young Jeezy
 Recession 19,598 589,571

The Game
 LAX 13,102 559,076

DJ Unk
 2econd Season 5,220 5,257

As Jedi Mind Tricks release, will the internationally cult-followed Philadelphia outfit get that chart love that's been recently enjoyed by Joe Budden and Z-Ro? Will appearances from Dr. Dre and Eminem make Trick Trick the unforeseen star of Koch this year? Stayed tuned

@cash_sog

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
SALES THIS WEEK

T-Pain  Thr33 Ringz 167,451 167,743

T.I. Paper Trail  62,046 1,178,455

12 John Legend Evolver  49,857 255,064

Ne-Yo Year of the Gentleman 26,808 600,044

Lil Wayne Tha Carter III 23,134 2,671,816

Other Notables

42 Young Jeezy  Recession 16,210 614,781

Q-Tip The Renaissance 14,881 49,100

58 The Game L.A.X.  12,189 571,265

Raphael Saadiq The Way I See It 4,220 76,919

169 Jedi Mind Tricks A History Of Violence  4,168 4,451

We posed a JMT appearance last week. Will Ace Hood do Top 10 numbers? Are the charts putty in Beyonce's hand? Can The Alchemist make a stand? Stayed tuned to HipHopDX.

@cash_sog