Africasgateway.com

YES WE CAN

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Damn,,, everyone's getting so worked up you'd think Obama had already brought about world peace and ended hunger throughout the world.

People's emotions are too easily manipulated.

Obama was definitely the best candidate and he won (which is good). the fact that he's black, whilst being historic, means nothing if he can't deliver.

People got like this in the UK when Thatcher was elected - all the women were euphoric cause it was the first female Prime Minister. She then presided over the worst recession in living memory. There was ma**ive unemployment and she took the UK to war with Argentina over the Falklands. She also broke down the trade unions and undermined the NHS.

Same in SA in 94 - Euphoria when the ANC got into power - now cats be hating on Mbeki and his 'elite' because he couldn't deliver fast enough. This roller coaster ride of expectation and disappointment is just silly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad Obama won, but a bit of perspective wouldn't hurt. The hysteria is only going to make his tough job even harder.

ToXic Candy

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +2/-15
  • I LOVE YOU,MCWAAAAH!
    • View Profile
All I'm saying let's just wait and see what the man will do,then we can add on how amozing he is or just critise how badly he has made U.S.
Dn't have a comfort zone ,always have room for improvement.

polaris

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +4/-3
  • IT IS I
    • View Profile
What a momentous occasion. WOW !!!

Big Ups to McCain as well.Took the defeat well.Loved the way he quietened down his supporters when he was congratulating Barack when they started booing him.

yeah. i remember watching one of mcCain's campaign town hall meeting's this older lady started speaking about her fear of obama on some "im scared of an america with obama as president, hes.... hes.... hes" mcCain cuts her off takes the mic and says "no Miss he isnt... he isnt, fact is obama is an exceptional running mate the only reason im running against him is because i think im a better candidate" i like how he came to he's defence at certain times when he didnt have to... he took the defeat quite well.

There was another lady, also McCain supporter, she said
 "I don't trust Obama...he's ...an ARAB!"
McCain was like..."No mam, he's not, he's a good family man, we just happen to have different diplomatic views "(something along those line)

But that actually fired back on McCain coz after that CNN had this big discussion scrutinising whether McCain's response was demeaning to Arabs.
Yeh, ne? sometime the media does take things too far..

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile
Damn,,, everyone's getting so worked up you'd think Obama had already brought about world peace and ended hunger throughout the world.

Obama was definitely the best candidate and he won (which is good). the fact that he's black, whilst being historic, means nothing if he can't deliver.

People got like this in the UK when Thatcher was elected - all the women were euphoric cause it was the first female Prime Minister. She then presided over the worst recession in living memory. There was ma**ive unemployment and she took the UK to war with Argentina over the Falklands. She also broke down the trade unions and undermined the NHS.

Same in SA in 94 - Euphoria when the ANC got into power - now cats be hating on Mbeki and his 'elite' because he couldn't deliver fast enough. This roller coaster ride of expectation and disappointment is just silly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad Obama won, but a bit of perspective wouldn't hurt. The hysteria is only going to make his tough job even harder.

my thoughts exactly, didn't wanna sound like a prophet of doom!!! At the end of the day Obama is going to implement Democrats policies that if you analyse them closely they favour the rich.

That Bastard Crook

• I woulda told Mitch not-to-leave-Rico, and instead 'a' wearing chains rock-da-Steve-Biko
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +71/-25
  • Right-wing fascists call me "Die Swart Gevaar"
    • View Profile

I don't know which Britain you were living in but I remember nothing of the sort.  Women euphoric coz of Thatcher = bullshit. People were still too unemployed to be euphoric; remnants of the Harold Wilson (Labour Party) Winter of Discontent. General strikes, unemployment and UB41's were the order of the day. Only reason Thatcher won was because she wasn't a Labour Party candidate i.e. people were fed up of Wilson and his limp-wristed approach to the country's problems. Co-sign on the destruction of the National Health Service though, Thatcher axed the free-morning-milk programme in British Scholols when I was a middle-infant. f*** Conservatives and reactionaries everywhere, f***ing scum of the earth they are.
At da Centre, it's Inventor of dis Art-of-Rap / Seida-Crook I'm da Genuine Artefact // Rappers know I spit Godly-Rap, I gave da Industry a Heart-Attack / Like "OH MY GOD-HE'S-BACK"!!!!!!! /

DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpeeweeproductionz
Closely favour the rich???? like what? he was just accused of targetin the rich with his intended tax increase for the upper bracket!!

anyways have u guys seen this? Obama (A milli remix) its funny as hell listen to the lyrics!!

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

I don't know which Britain you were living in but I remember nothing of the sort.  Women euphoric coz of Thatcher = bullshit. People were still too unemployed to be euphoric; remnants of the Harold Wilson (Labour Party) Winter of Discontent. General strikes, unemployment and UB41's were the order of the day. Only reason Thatcher won was because she wasn't a Labour Party candidate i.e. people were fed up of Wilson and his limp-wristed approach to the country's problems. Co-sign on the destruction of the National Health Service though, Thatcher axed the free-morning-milk programme in British Scholols when I was a middle-infant. f*** Conservatives and reactionaries everywhere, f***ing scum of the earth they are.

you grew up in the uk?

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
At the end of the day Obama is going to implement Democrats policies that if you analyse them closely they favour the rich.

please elaborate.
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

Lord Deacon Of Frost

• Deac>>>>>>YOU
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +44/-39
  • You shall DIE!
    • View Profile
Bitch a** niggas my swag is so intense it made jesse cry

@ peewee try catch up I posted that freestyle 4 months ago  ;D ;D ::)

That not good enough for ya?

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
Obama to do list:

1. Sort out 2 US-lead wars
2. Sort out $700 billion bailout fund
3. Sort out $10 trillion debt
4. Choose new curtains for Oval Office

who'd want to be a president! :)

That Bastard Crook

• I woulda told Mitch not-to-leave-Rico, and instead 'a' wearing chains rock-da-Steve-Biko
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +71/-25
  • Right-wing fascists call me "Die Swart Gevaar"
    • View Profile

my thoughts exactly, didn't wanna sound like a prophet of doom!!! At the end of the day Obama is going to implement Democrats policies that if you analyse them closely they favour the rich.

Another example of bullshit. Barry O. actually gon' tax the hell out of the Top 2% of U.S. earners and use that revenue to bolster the Healthcare system by giving free healthcare access to all children.
Barry's policies will only be similar to those of the previous' Adminstration on matters of Foreign Policy i.e. The Middle East (read Egypt and Israel) and Africa.

@D-Pleezy, yeah.
At da Centre, it's Inventor of dis Art-of-Rap / Seida-Crook I'm da Genuine Artefact // Rappers know I spit Godly-Rap, I gave da Industry a Heart-Attack / Like "OH MY GOD-HE'S-BACK"!!!!!!! /

eraze

• Capture...
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +3/-11
  • www.ethankaed.com
    • View Profile
    • this is hiphop
I guess Tupac was wrong.

GARBAGE

wat did Tupac say? and wen did tupac say wat he said and how is that related to the year 2008????

VIVA OBAMA,

and VIVA OBANDA!!!

DaT NiGGa P-DuB

• www.25tolyf.com
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
  • Grrrrrrrrindin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpeeweeproductionz
@ Deac - word ma bad.......imma try keep up ;D

@dpleezy

u know thats a tough call but what better way to cement ur self in history as one of the greats if u can resolve such matters!! however if u fail, everyone would say shit it wasnt his fault.......

I think the hype is that this was a historic election, in the sense that america has snubbed its conservatism...and the president is an ethnic minority...

personally i dont know how its going to affect me, but maybe it will revert america from its bullish foreign policy! maybe they can dish me a few dollars too ;D ;D

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

THAT LADY!

• I'm just a lil angel , I bring good luck!
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +20/-50
  • Your Royal flyness
    • View Profile
Obama to do list:

1. Sort out 2 US-lead wars
2. Sort out $700 billion bailout fund
3. Sort out $10 trillion debt
4. Choose new curtains for Oval Office

who'd want to be a president! :)
You think he didnt know alla dat? You think he'd walk into a thing blindly?