Africasgateway.com

Book heads

motho

• quixotic dreamer
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +18/-23
    • View Profile
    • blog
im reading a book called "hijab: unveiling queer muslim lives" contains stories of gay muslims from SA. interesting stuff.
"your real calibre is measured by your consideration and tolerance of others"

qyoo

• Guppie
    • REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Cheers MrC... appreciate the heads up.

Boss

• Paranoid
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +1/-23
  • Pointin a finger on You!
    • View Profile
Im busy with "no mans land" some book about the iraqy-us thingy. very interesting stuff, the books reveals stories about how us soldiers killed innocent children and women, scary!
Dreaming in 3D

daliq

• tha grand wizard
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +2/-0
  • 'Reachin
    • View Profile
    • HomeRolledJointZ
REad, I use to be reading mad books from this rent outlet Uncles Spike's back in the da'.. days, the old man blessed us with that tree.
CRT/LCD/S-LCD/LED/AMOLED/IPS TFT screens be all we reading on these days.... Electronic Paper
whether on a Desktop PC , Laptop, Net-book, Tablet, Celly that ish is not uhm the 1 when its not congruent to that papyrus that's eternal

so lets cut towards the e book readers in OUR TERRITORY.

Sony Reader PRS-
Amazon Kindle {X}
Bookeen CyBook Orizon

REAL Book, PC, CELLY, TABLET OR Electronic Paper WITH THAT E-INK & SiPix e Paper
braai, home, transit, beach, low veld ,high veld ..hey that ish be crispy

On a plane to Durbs Last quarter managed to hover about the kindle, the Kindle reader on PC, Android(Google), iOS(Apple) etc.

Format WAR: e Pub, PDF & them Propitiatory stuff & txt, html/dhtml etc oh and Mobi ebooks

Is that new ish comforting or flipping the book is real-la..

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

its interesting you ask that question...my dealings with the good people over at THE FIND MAGAZINE (a Global HIPHOP MAGAZINE) have indicated that they recognise the benefits of "on the go" tech and even welcome the innovations being made in the reading spheres. however, they remain adamant that for some that make up a considerable majority, nothing can replace the tangible pleasures of flipping through a magazine and rubbing your fingers through the inked pages. not to mention, the age-old tradition of ripping pages out a magazine to put as posters on one's wall still holds great favour among readers of HIPHOP magazines...for their sake though, i hope it proves to be a viable business decision as they have since taken their magazine from digital to print, in a world where even GIANTS in the NEWSPAPER & media world have adopted digital based interaction as the next level in readership capability..!

you can follow THE FIND MAGAZINE on twitter HERE: @TheFINDmag

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Currently reading The Spiders of allah, by James Hider and started Disrace by JM Coetzee, but then my girlfriend borrowed it.

Sosiba

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-3
  • Madzikane kaZulu.
    • View Profile
Im currently reading Incognegro by Frank Wilderson, III. A very dope read about exile and apartheid. Frank is like one of the most important Black thinkers of this century.
"Why was the worker shot? Because he protested... Why was the negro shot? Because he was there. This is the gratuitous (without cause) violence against Black people that so called pure marxist can't comprehend" Frank Wilderson.

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile

however, they remain adamant that for some that make up a considerable majority, nothing can replace the tangible pleasures of flipping through a magazine and rubbing your fingers through the inked pages.

self important purists make me sick!

its progession,

tablets, cave walls, tombs, obelixes , sheets of paper, scrolls, books. all serve the same purpose!

its part of evolution...save trees!

"ohhhhhh  its nothing like licking my fingers to tur...."

shut the f*** up don't lick your lips just flip the page on the handheld you self important purist!

Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile

however, they remain adamant that for some that make up a considerable majority, nothing can replace the tangible pleasures of flipping through a magazine and rubbing your fingers through the inked pages.

self important purists make me sick!

its progession,

tablets, cave walls, tombs, obelixes , sheets of paper, scrolls, books. all serve the same purpose!

its part of evolution...save trees!

"ohhhhhh  its nothing like licking my fingers to tur...."

shut the f*** up don't lick your lips just flip the page on the handheld you self important purist!

LOL...what if you stranded in the woods and you need to take a dump but have no toilet paper, all you got is your "ipad"....LOL

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile
hahah

LOL...what if you stranded in the woods and you need to take a dump but have no toilet paper, all you got is your "ipad"....LOL

smh at these city slickers! tell them briCK! use gra** nigga.

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
hahah

smh at these city slickers! tell them briCK! use gra** nigga.

LOL, slip & slide & use your IPAD for navigation...LOL...!

RearrangedReality

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-42
    • View Profile

briCK

• Gold digger bait!
  • AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-10
  • No!!!!! Hoe!
    • View Profile
ONLY reason why these purists (read blacks) want books to stay is cause they will have nothing to roll they marijuana in..

iRizzlerSubstitute is still conceptual
Trapped In The 90ies Nigga.

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
ONLY reason why these purists (read blacks) want books to stay is cause they will have nothing to roll they marijuana in..

iRizzlerSubstitute is still conceptual

LOL...

4 reasons to vaporize

1). Activation of THC acids in cannabis (decarboxylation); this occurs at around 103 degrees Celcius with vaporization at around 180-200 degrees. Smoking performs this process but is reported to destroy between 40 and 98% of the THC (Korte, Miras etc*).

2). The 'smoke' is much cooler and easier on the lungs. Much less tar and other harmful chemicals are released.

3). The high is subtly different from that obtained with other methods.

4). The higher efficiency saves you money.

id give you the HOW TO CONSTRUCT your own vaporizer manual but i fear youd want to use your IPAD to read it..LOL

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear