Africasgateway.com

Yo ProVerb

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-3
  • www.roachinc.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
@ Black lez, its definately more than an Amakipkip t-shirt, I was at a place once with sum niggaz who dress all tight and stuff with stunners and what not, you see im still into my air jordans and 3xl shirts you digg, so them niggaz were on sum yo k9 you need to step up yo swag ??? I was on sum what the f***? Its way more than clothes, its your persona, the way you portray yourself, example B.I.G was not the best looking guy but he jus had it. its the elegance you portray whether I rock my 3 xl shirt and you rock your tight fits. barack obama has swag

Guys may we please stop this hectic derailment? LEZ u know its fire tomorrow night right? ur boy is in da building, LOL, im feeling Kaki's nucca what?
N'veigh's Album ,titled 7.30, dropping on 7.30

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +16/-18
    • View Profile
No doubt. The reason I asked is because swag seems to be misunderstood (purely from an entertainment context). Dudes like Jigga, Nas, HHP, Zola could boast that they've got swag and one wouldn't dispute that. This is because they have become so good at what they do that they make it seem effortless. They've dropped records that people appreciate and they continue to command respect without even having to look for it. Zola could walk into a mall without rocking stunners, LV belts or whatever it is these dudes a**ociate with swag, and he would still get rushed by people. He didn't just wake up and say 'today I'm going to buy sneaks and belts with big buckles so I can have swag'. Again I'm speaking from an entertainer's perspective. Some of us 'new cats' talk about swag but haven't put in nearly as much work as the dudes I've mentioned. How many of the new age swagger boys would step out of their homes wearing old shorts, a simple T and flops? Not many. That tells me that dudes aren't confident enough about themselves. This contradicts what they're always claiming (swagger).     
quot;Don't take shots if you ain't usin a handgun"

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc
No doubt. The reason I asked is because swag seems to be misunderstood (purely from an entertainment context). Dudes like Jigga, Nas, HHP, Zola could boast that they've got swag and one wouldn't dispute that. This is because they have become so good at what they do that they make it seem effortless. They've dropped records that people appreciate and they continue to command respect without even having to look for it. Zola could walk into a mall without rocking stunners, LV belts or whatever it is these dudes a**ociate with swag, and he would still get rushed by people. He didn't just wake up and say 'today I'm going to buy sneaks and belts with big buckles so I can have swag'. Again I'm speaking from an entertainer's perspective. Some of us 'new cats' talk about swag but haven't put in nearly as much work as the dudes I've mentioned. How many of the new age swagger boys would step out of their homes wearing old shorts, a simple T and flops? Not many. That tells me that dudes aren't confident enough about themselves. This contradicts what they're always claiming (swagger).     

LEZ im talking about the GAME son, c'mon mayn forget this swagger talk, lets Talk the Game, L.A.X, oh by the way, T.I has gone platinum this week (after 5 weeks) not bad, not bad at all. Eish Weezy is creaming it, waaay past 2.6mil records. yho.....

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +16/-18
    • View Profile
@Buff. Now you're also derailing the thread kid.
quot;Don't take shots if you ain't usin a handgun"

WORDSMITH

• The wap up starts at the bottom.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-21
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com

HE Monna! DIE mane!
"Hip Hip is Hip Hip, We quick to Judge,
But we aint quick enough to not be Judged"
- Philo (Bloem Cat)

Buff Pound

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • Roachinc

eish i caught a stray one there, LOL. yeah back to regular programming

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
How many of the new age swagger boys would step out of their homes wearing old shorts, a simple T and flops? Not many. That tells me that dudes aren't confident enough about themselves. This contradicts what they're always claiming (swagger).     

Amen! (Props +1)  8)

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
I gotta put my 2 cents worth in this. Most of my fellow 'new scholars' disappoint me wen it cums to this swagger story. Talk abt it in every single line of they raps! It reali contradicts the real meanin of swagger! Gotdammit, its an english word.. Hiphop didnt give birth to swagger!
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
I think these little dudes mistake the word "Swagger" for "Swanker" ( Xhosa slang for - looking fresh).lol
@cash_sog

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
Lmfao!!! Mara bom'rapper! Nice one money!
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

WORDSMITH

• The wap up starts at the bottom.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-21
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com
I think these little dudes mistake the word "Swagger" for "Swanker" ( Xhosa slang for - looking fresh).lol

LOL.......... For Shizzy!!!  ;)
"Hip Hip is Hip Hip, We quick to Judge,
But we aint quick enough to not be Judged"
- Philo (Bloem Cat)

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-22
  • Write of Pa**age Out May 18th!!!
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music
Question? How come it seems the "swagger culture/era" has only been adopted by a certain type of emcee yet many tho aware of it stay away?
Write of Pa**age out Now!!!

SUPER RUTHLESS

• SOUTH OF A
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +24/-20
  • New South Movement
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Men Entertainment
Question? How come it seems the "swagger culture/era" has only been adopted by a certain type of emcee yet many tho aware of it stay away?

Because most of them are sitting in a corner hoping the golden era could come back...

So now they would rather look down (and sometimes even resort to hating) on whoever follows this culture

SIR DEEJAY MZU

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +7/-15
    • View Profile
I feel the new hiphop generation uses *SWAGGER* as their defence to the lack of lyricism on their raps so much that they end up forgotting what Swagger really is...

Formula: (Wack lines + Catchy hooks + weak beats + SWAGGER = Hit) 

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

i don't think it's about old skool vs. new school, it's just the difference between impressionable kids vs. real artists.