Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Which Hip Hop is doing it for you right now? SA, US, EU, ASIAN, ME, S America ?

OG Beezak · 45 · 13628

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
yeah I remember them too, but they more of a crossover band, heavy guitars and rock riffs, there was a spot near the carneceria in the mexican lot in my neighborhood, that sold mexican rap cd's, was really a whole lot of bald heads with sungla**es, tats, dickies shorts, and LA jerseys, mad Gangsta rap coming out of mexico, some of it is cool, you might have heard of Joker, but yeah most of it heavy westcoast sounding Gangster rap.

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile
yeah I remember them too, but they more of a crossover band, heavy guitars and rock riffs, there was a spot near the carneceria in the mexican lot in my neighborhood, that sold mexican rap cd's, was really a whole lot of bald heads with sungla**es, tats, dickies shorts, and LA jerseys, mad Gangsta rap coming out of mexico, some of it is cool, you might have heard of Joker, but yeah most of it heavy westcoast sounding Gangster rap.

Yeah, ese (inserts fake Chicano accent) I have some Joker clothing and Dickies and I
 seem to be the only person in my hood who reps it. My area may have a majority of
 Caribbean people (Jamaicans, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, and Trinidadians), but since
 I'm also a West Coast head I also support the Chicano Hip Hop stuff. I realize that
 the stuff out of Mexico, Colombia, Chile, and Argentina sounds alot like Cypress Hill
 who are Chicano, probably except for Sen-Dog and DJ Muggs.

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
Columbia is heavy into that Gangsta Rap too! Speaking of Chicanos I know you remember Kid Frost! lol! you so cool that I'm a call you a culo! lol! palabres!

K9 tha Pedigree

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +11/-2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.google.com
Always has and will always be france
Booba
Sefyu
Brasco
Youssoupha

US
the whole Trill movement, luv dat Miami shit

SA
always

Oh f*** that how could I forget the 1st has gotta b Angola Kalibrados baby
9 tha Pedigree

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
Columbia is heavy into that Gangsta Rap too! Speaking of Chicanos I know you remember Kid Frost! lol! you so cool that I'm a call you a culo! lol! palabres!

Yeah, Kid Frost was the shit. I liked his tune, "For la Raza" and "Straight to the bank".
But for Caribbean Latinos, I remember Vico C when he was a Hip Hop artist before he
did Dancehall Reggae (before the term Reggaeton was coined). This was back when
he lived in New York back in the 80s.

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
All I gotta say is that for the US, the only Hip Hop I'm feeling is the
stuff comming from the West. All I listen to is Cla**ic G-Funk and
Hyphy. Hyphy seems to be like the only creative scene in Hip Hop
right now that isn't overplayed by the media.

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
About that old school group from Japan I was talking about, here's this
commerical that they did for this soda company back in '93:

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile
French rapper Booba i dont understand a word he spit but his flow and beat selection makes you pay attention to his  music.

tebzartlad!

• THE D.A.N.J.E.R MAN
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +6/-3
  • ...I still love H.E.R the way Common used to!
    • View Profile
I got put on Dutch rapps by some dude from Amsterdam, I worked with @ the Art Fest...chek out;

-Straatfilosoof by Appa
-I by Cilvaringz (A Dutch Wu Affiliate)

Either than that I'm still on that 90sumthing to mid 2000 US Hip Hop...I diggz me a gangload of local ish as well, from Pro Kid to Anvils. (Ay man! the list is just...)

Claude "Baller" Kona... R.I.P (Return If Possible!)

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
Yeah Cilva Ringz!! you ever heard of the Resurecktaz? that was ODB's Amsterdam crew, whenever Wu used to get on the radio in Amsterdam, they had the Resurecktaz from Bijmer (amsterdam hood) on the radio with them, I really need to rip my ca**ettes into digital, cause I got crazy dutch masters episodes on tape, Black Moon & Smif N Wessun, I got crazy episodes on tape, dutch hip-hop is dope, Extince, Brainpower, Zombi Squad, The Proov, Select Personnel, Boomoperators, Yukkie B, nuff good stuff out the low lands, Pete Philly & Perquisite put out two really dope albums too.

As for Reggaeton Puerto Rico didn't invent it, they commercialized it, but Reggaeton started in the 70's down in Panama, when Jamaican workers went there to help build the Panama Canal, they brought Reggae with them, and the Panamanians created Reggaeton like Reggae in Spanish, it spread through all the spanish communities in the Caribbean. Speaking of I'm really loving Puerto Rican Hip-Hop right now, cats like Siete Nueve, Tek Uno, Velcro, Intifada and such got the crazy beats! Nuff Ced is a really dope producer out there.

As for France they stay doing it! I really dig this video from Sefyu I think the video was shot in Senegal:

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
Cypress Hill who are Chicano, probably except for Sen-Dog and DJ Muggs.

B-Real and Sen Dog are both Chicanos from East Los Angeles, Sen Dog is a black Mexican,
DJ Muggs is Italian from Cypress Hills, Queens, NY (where the name comes from), he moved to L.A. back in the 80's and was the DJ for 7A3, an imported New York crew on the west coast, both the rappers and Muggs were from N.Y., based out in L.A. hence the title of their album "Coolin' Out In Cali".
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 10:50:22 PM by watziznehmegin »

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile

As for Reggaeton Puerto Rico didn't invent it, they commercialized it, but Reggaeton started in the 70's down in Panama, when Jamaican workers went there to help build the Panama Canal, they brought Reggae with them, and the Panamanians created Reggaeton like Reggae in Spanish, it spread through all the spanish communities in the Caribbean. Speaking of I'm really loving Puerto Rican Hip-Hop right now, cats like Siete Nueve, Tek Uno, Velcro, Intifada and such got the crazy beats! Nuff Ced is a really dope producer out there.

Yep, yep, yep, I remember the early Reggaeton sounds of the early 80s. Before Puerto
  Rico's scene started, Panama had Dancehall MCs such as Nando Boom and El General.
  I remember watching El General's videos when he was on Univision (a Spanish language
  network based in Miami). 

I remember this video from one of his latest CDs before he retired in '02.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 01:28:50 AM by M-Point »

The Kid Sunny Winters

• This is da rebirth, I know da streets thirst.......
  • Foot Soldier
    • REP: +2/-2
  • Ages 7-9, that's da age I was on my Album Cover
    • View Profile
yah u know right now I'm bumping Karl-Heinz Nicklaus Von Gruber the lll, this dude is ill, he holding it down for Lichtstinstein. Another dude who I luv is Mailai Pnhom Shebu Tham from Tibet, he on sum next-level tip. He did a remix to his smash hit "Tibet's So Gangsta" with this cat from Outer Mongolia called Wan Dalai Phikut, killed it man. Papua New Guinea gon' lock things down next year look out Ma'a Kahui Tui'viaga and Lam-lam Toe'ava Tambucaulau, dudes is nice. Also got this Mixtape this rapper in The Western Sahara called Dawood Yusuf Bin Zubair Al-Fayed, he nice. But the best is most definitely the second album from Solar Ballchinian Gangstaz who come from Jupiter, it's called "The Iminent Invasion" where they talk about how they invade and take over Planet Earth coz humans ain't keeping it gangsta no more. smh ain't this thread, dudes is taking it as an excuse to name-drop the most non-existent rappers in the most obscure countries on the planet. Who cares what's going on in Poland, Finland and Turkey? lol
This brotha Ike with da Iverson jersey, lightskin with Herpes, phuqing sistas in Harlem, Brooklyn and D.C., This is da problem cos he never tell em he got it from letting fags suck him off, Riker's Island in '93.

That Bastard Crook

• I woulda told Mitch not-to-leave-Rico, and instead 'a' wearing chains rock-da-Steve-Biko
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +71/-25
  • Right-wing fascists call me "Die Swart Gevaar"
    • View Profile
yah u know right now I'm bumping Karl-Heinz Nicklaus Von Gruber the lll, this dude is ill, he holding it down for Lichtstinstein. Another dude who I luv is Mailai Pnhom Shebu Tham from Tibet, he on sum next-level tip. He did a remix to his smash hit "Tibet's So Gangsta" with this cat from Outer Mongolia called Wan Dalai Phikut, killed it man. Papua New Guinea gon' lock things down next year look out Ma'a Kahui Tui'viaga and Lam-lam Toe'ava Tambucaulau, dudes is nice. Also got this Mixtape this rapper in The Western Sahara called Dawood Yusuf Bin Zubair Al-Fayed, he nice. But the best is most definitely the second album from Solar Ballchinian Gangstaz who come from Jupiter, it's called "The Iminent Invasion" where they talk about how they invade and take over Planet Earth coz humans ain't keeping it gangsta no more. smh ain't this thread, dudes is taking it as an excuse to name-drop the most non-existent rappers in the most obscure countries on the planet. Who cares what's going on in Poland, Finland and Turkey? lol

^^^^ my nigga some 'a' ya posts just kill me son. LMAO!!!!
At da Centre, it's Inventor of dis Art-of-Rap / Seida-Crook I'm da Genuine Artefact // Rappers know I spit Godly-Rap, I gave da Industry a Heart-Attack / Like "OH MY GOD-HE'S-BACK"!!!!!!! /

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
Wow you really ignorant to the shit, aren't you the same guy that said the Cape Flats were the first to make Keffiyehs a fashion statement? lol! you stoopid! if you would look past the brim of your own plate, and see what else is set on the table, you could avoid such embarra**ments, go back to guessing Nasir's age on his album cover foolish child! on the other hand, does anyone know what went down at the Sting Fest '08 in Portmore, Jamaica two days ago? did Movado go at Vybz Kartel like he's been saying he would? Vybz would murder Movado! Ain't nobody got shit on Vybz! he the king in the ring! would love to see Vybz and Dr. Evil clash! that shit would be too sick!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 10:42:49 PM by watziznehmegin »