Africasgateway.com

Hip Hop Radio Cape Town

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +4/-4
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile
Peace AG Ma**ive

An old friend of mine and myself have been quietly building a steady platform through UCT Radio in Cape Town. The show is on at 21h00 Mondays, and every day during December.  The initial show platform from 9-midnight Mondays started as an offshoot from what we were doing through the Essential Rush on YFM throughout last and this year. The initial MHS thirty minute slot on Y went amazingly well in its infancy, then came all the what what and whereby, ultimately ending in the show being ad hoc and completely cameo. Blah blah. Point is that we have developed the three hour platform and things have been on build since then, now so much so that I invite all of you who may be in Cape Town to actually listen to the show now hehe.

In short, AG contains one of the most justifiably critical ma**es of heads, fans, writers, producers, DJs and Hip Hop contributors and the platform is one that would be somewhat untested without your input. If you are in Cape Town please check the show. We do not yet have web-streaming etc but are getting there, trust.

So far in our infancy we have reached out to people like Indigenous, White Nite, Pioneer Unit, 20/20 HipHop Radio, Big Cakes from the UK as well as people like Wretch 32, Second Sun and others to touch some of the shows and this has been a blessing for us.  In terms of sound I (MHS) am very much on that (post 2004!) underground tip, local Hip Hop from around the country and beyond, and some Glitch for the Breakers etc, which started as a bit of a joke but happens by request sometimes now.  I play vinyl when in CT and if I'm sending from here I use .mp3 software such as Serato or even Mixpad and a wave editor depending how many hours I have before the show. Expect to hear local, global and UK beats, beats from Africa, Palestine and the Ukraine etc. I do like to keep it rough and modern while Benzo the anchor plays a mixed bag, always fat tho. He is a member on this sit I think and will let him speak for himself in due time ;).

Tonight we roll again at nine so if you’re about give us a listen and let me know what you think. Criticism will be handled constructively and is actually encouraged.  The platform will also be open in December during those drivetime hours to all AG crew who are contributing to Hip Hop in whatever way and by all AG crew I mean all. Just get in touch and let us know what’s good and what you want to do, drop, say, whatever and we’ll make a plan.

Anyway, check us tonight for beats from Canada, SA and wherever else. I’m playing a hard thirty minutes and we’ll be dropping a set sent in to us by one of our Canadian amba**adors (ey!).  Props to Headwarmaz and other crews, sets and individuals repping Mzansi and other Hip Hop from within the Mother City. We are not your competition.

We will always up my and other sets too for people to enjoy, crit etc where possible too so just ask and you shall receive, swear.  Peace and love, I have a big mouth and a shit temper but it’s all love, and with AG heads it may not be all love always, but it’s always respect, trust. Ta for the long read.

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Peace fam. Keep putting in work. 20/20 will be right there with you. You still owe me some audio!

Is there any way, short of a ma**ive and annoying file transfer from you to me, for me to catch the show? Would really like to hear the full product.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile
@ Rob  :-[. Sorry man, I'll be on that tonight. Studio been re-kitted to hell and back cats keep promising. ITO the file transfer issue, I'll be Blipping the mixes I drop, and the show is split into 3 decks which we can zip and ship. I know it is frustrating but any suggestions would be welcomed. It is ok for us but a bit rough on people we would want to link with outside of the City Bowl etc. Streaming is happening early 2009 though, thanks to the new marketing manager. Joburg people have their uses sometimes.

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
thanx - will check it out tonight, my uct reception is kinda bad though  :(

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile
Appreciated. The reception thing... Problem. Kills us a lot. Building....

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
You guys need to get at the Hiphocalypse. There's a link for you. Holla at Spliff: don't have his email offhand but station address is www.rhodesmusicradio.co.za

As an alumni (and Tate is founder, by the way) I can attest to the quality.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile
Real, thanks. Know Hiphocalypse well they hold down the Africa angles like nobody's business. Will get at him for sure. Will be dropping your name there too clearly, will send you a cheque :) Seems like we walked into Afghanistan in many ways but it's definitely moving.

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
@ Born so there's absolutley no way to listen via internet?

@ Rob, if you do get the material please share with a sista.

Will up details of my show on Sussex uni's radio station.

Keep on.

TATEguru v.2K9

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +13/-20
  • HIPHOCALYPSE MOVEment
    • View Profile
    • www.myspace.com/hiphocalypse
I'd love to hear this.
Record them as mp3's & upload them as podcasts like Hiphoptorockyoublock does.

Still bumping InvisibleMan?

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

Keep on.

I had a show on Sussex Uni Radio :)

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear

Keep on.

Looks like I'm following in ur footsteps then, next up - an empire  ;)
Brighton is niiice D.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

Keep on.

Looks like I'm following in ur footsteps then, next up - an empire  ;)
Brighton is niiice D.

yeah, brighton is dope. lots of pubs to choose from :)

SolitaryNative

• AG Extremist
  • Feature now Defunct
    • View Profile
Yo thanks people. Show last night was pretty good, I came across a bit excited though. Benzo ripped it. Tunes were good enough all round.

I will up the .mp3 copies asap, sorry bout the bulkiness but for now that's what it is. We'll also link some of the mixes on a couple proper blogspots etc so will keep you updated all the way.  @Nat man sorry but the word on streaming is "a couple weeks". Seriously though. Not a couple of years. Please do up details of Sussex show, would be mad interested to follow.

@ Tate, "The same old.." yeah man. On quiet though now and then at appropriate moments, which we hope is kinda in the intended fashion for now. Dig that Invisible Man no end.

Keeping on. Thanks for the support so far. And Brighton is by far the best place in England, sorry but it just kicks a**.

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile

Keep on.

hey  ??? since when r u in sussex nat?