Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

when did you start listening to hip hop?

Mad · 55 · 14124

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
The first Hip-Hop/Rap song I fell in love with was "Nothing but a G thang" by Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg.

The first time I saw the video I went into another world.
By the time "Murder Was the Case" and "Tha Dogg Pound" came out, it was OVER!
@cash_sog

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
The first Hip-Hop/Rap song I fell in love with was "Nothing but a G thang" by Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg.

The first time I saw the video I went into another world.
By the time "Murder Was the Case" and "Tha Dogg Pound" came out, it was OVER!

man i was digging that dre and snoop ish too, f***ing blazing hot

@ rob one- hey wena this is not a freestyle thread, take your shit somewhere

@ cash- man im done playin games on some real shit, tell me how did you start that whole crackboy ish, cozi i believe that you the founder
Hood.

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

That Bastard Crook

• I woulda told Mitch not-to-leave-Rico, and instead 'a' wearing chains rock-da-Steve-Biko
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +71/-25
  • Right-wing fascists call me "Die Swart Gevaar"
    • View Profile
Since Shan rocked the party and brought the Bridge back/
I been dope since Danger Dave dropped Zip Zap Rap
/

Yeah looks like me an' rob on the same page yo. MC Shan; now that's some real shit! The Juice Crew wid Biz Markie an' e'm! But I go further back than that. To the days when Kool Moe D. was merc'in' Busy Bee in a Harlem NightClub (same building they demolished to make Harlem World) to the days when KRS One was still running with Scott Le Roq!, to the days when Roxanne Shante was da illest female in the business, to the days when GrandMaster Flash and The Furious Five came out wid "The Message"!!!! To the days when Doug E. Fresh was still rulin'!! To the days when KRS One came out wid "South Bronx" and sparked The Bridge Wars with MC Shan from Queens!!!!! To the days BEFORE RUN DMC, Eric B. and Rakim, Kool G. Rap, Big Daddy Kane, NWA!!! Shit I take it back to the days when Gangster Rap was being started on da East Coast (NOT L.A) in Philly by Schooly D and the ParkSide Killers. Back to the days when L.A. wasn't even on the map until Ice T. came out. Back to the days when all MC's was rappin' about "how nice they DJ was" e.g. "...My DJ is better than yours.."
back to the days when Kool Herc was rockin' park jams out in the Bronx for FREE and a nigga still only 28 and shit. Da Old School a.k.a. Da Real Skool.!!!!
At da Centre, it's Inventor of dis Art-of-Rap / Seida-Crook I'm da Genuine Artefact // Rappers know I spit Godly-Rap, I gave da Industry a Heart-Attack / Like "OH MY GOD-HE'S-BACK"!!!!!!! /

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Since Shan rocked the party and brought the Bridge back/
I been dope since Danger Dave dropped Zip Zap Rap
/

Yeah looks like me an' rob on the same page yo. MC Shan; now that's some real shit! The Juice Crew wid Biz Markie an' e'm! But I go further back than that. To the days when Kool Moe D. was merc'in' Busy Bee in a Harlem NightClub (same building they demolished to make Harlem World) to the days when KRS One was still running with Scott Le Roq!, to the days when Roxanne Shante was da illest female in the business, to the days when GrandMaster Flash and The Furious Five came out wid "The Message"!!!! To the days when Doug E. Fresh was still rulin'!! To the days when KRS One came out wid "South Bronx" and sparked The Bridge Wars with MC Shan from Queens!!!!! To the days BEFORE RUN DMC, Eric B. and Rakim, Kool G. Rap, Big Daddy Kane, NWA!!! Shit I take it back to the days when Gangster Rap was being started on da East Coast (NOT L.A) in Philly by Schooly D and the ParkSide Killers. Back to the days when L.A. wasn't even on the map until Ice T. came out. Back to the days when all MC's was rappin' about "how nice they DJ was" e.g. "...My DJ is better than yours.."
back to the days when Kool Herc was rockin' park jams out in the Bronx for FREE and a nigga still only 28 and shit. Da Old School a.k.a. Da Real Skool.!!!!

:D Respect to your roots Crook but I was really just f***ing around - when Shan brought the bridge back I was what, six?

Haha, I feel you though. Hip-hop for me started in '99, hearing Snoop Dogg in the dorm at school.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-22
  • Write of Pa**age Out May 18th!!!
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music
I'm a mad late Bloomer when it comes to Hip Hop, Snow - Informer was ma dude! but of course it was Canibus who got me to write this is 97 or so..
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 05:55:07 PM by ProVerb »
Write of Pa**age out Now!!!

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
I'm a mad late Bloomer when it comes to Hip Hop, Snow - Informer was ma dude! but of course it was Canibus who got me to write this is 97 or so..

??? snow was hip hop?

the first rap song i ever crammed and recited- MC Hammer's Cant touch this...back in zim, i was about 9 I think, early/mid-90s

of course i know the words were way off, online lyrics hadn't been invented lol-so u'd sit next to the stereo replayin and rewindin that ca**ette,writin alota nonsense on paper...good ol' days man! They even had an mc hammer cartoon in zim at around the same time, i loved it!  :D I dunno if they aired it down here tho, he was like a superhero runnin round town dancin in thos goofy pants

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile

yak

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +1/-1
    • View Profile
i think it was p-o-c when i was about 10 years old, can't remember the name of the track though but it went like 'ek se my broe...something something something

Touareg

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
    • View Profile
I remember, it was LL Cool J's song "You'll Rock" cant remember the year, i remember that it wasnt cool back then to be a Hip Hop head, and it was very difficult getting a Hip Hop tape because everybody was rocking Chicco,Platform 4 and Brenda...

Good ol' days...
Real Recognise Real

WORDSMITH

• The wap up starts at the bottom.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-21
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com
When Big Pop died...
"Hip Hip is Hip Hip, We quick to Judge,
But we aint quick enough to not be Judged"
- Philo (Bloem Cat)

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
1990.Tribe Called Quest - Can i Kick it.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
"Ek se my broer al daai dinge moet jy los van vandag se geld is more se kos"

After that I wasn't really into it that much, till I heard Bone on Creepin on a come up and after that crossroads got me hooked to this hip hop thing.