Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

when did you start listening to hip hop?

Mad · 55 · 14189

iamBakdraft

• Bakdraft
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +0/-8
  • I'mmo gets mine...
    • View Profile
    • Iambakdraft's Blogspot
I'm a mad late Bloomer when it comes to Hip Hop, Snow - Informer was ma dude! but of course it was Canibus who got me to write this is 97 or so..

??? snow was hip hop?

the first rap song i ever crammed and recited- MC Hammer's Cant touch this...back in zim, i was about 9 I think, early/mid-90s

of course i know the words were way off, online lyrics hadn't been invented lol-so u'd sit next to the stereo replayin and rewindin that ca**ette,writin alota nonsense on paper...good ol' days man! They even had an mc hammer cartoon in zim at around the same time, i loved it!  :D I dunno if they aired it down here tho, he was like a superhero runnin round town dancin in thos goofy pants

That is some crazy ish we used to have that cartoon as well, Called Hammer Man with magic shoes that spoke and ish.... memories man

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-22
  • Write of Pa**age Out May 18th!!!
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music
I grew up in Kimberley yo we were on that Dr Alban "It's my life"  ;D
Write of Pa**age out Now!!!

Darklight

• AG Regular
    • REP: +3/-22
    • View Profile
the day i heard soulja boy... now that's real hip hop...  ::)

soulja boy? nigga you serious? that kid only showed up in rap like 2 years ago, so you new in the game

but its all good mayne, that kid is tight on the dance floor but i think ice t was right, that nigga singl handadley destroyed hip hop with that superman shit

@ billion- so you f***ing with some local ish very hard nhe? all good, that selwyn kid was tight, what happened to him?

this c*** actually believed me *popeye laugh* ep ep ep ep ep

Volatyl

• Volatyl-intensly unstable... If its beef yall niggas cattle
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +2/-12
  • I call my gun graffiti nigga see how my gun spray
    • View Profile
i wasnt much of a fan till i heard Jay-Z explain why all these niggas liked talking about dead presidents...
and then i heard that how real is this joint...
damn... what more can i say :D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 08:55:53 PM by Volatyl »
I bring an end to the weak like the sun setting on sunday,I call my gun graffiti nigga see how my gun spray, you gona be da headline we see in the news, coz you starting to look like a white wall and ima put gaffiti on you...

ToXic Candy

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +2/-15
  • I LOVE YOU,MCWAAAAH!
    • View Profile
The day I learnt how to dance and sing along to a song, twas the day theee ToXic Candy was born.
Yeah baby give any type of muso I'll hook up a perfomance for you and a couple of friendzzz. ;)
Dn't have a comfort zone ,always have room for improvement.

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
Wow some really young kids in here, My first taste was Run DMC in '85, saw Krush Groove the same year, so Fat Boys, Beastie Boys & LL Cool J left a serious mark on my brain at a young age. I saw the movie Breakin' around that time too, Public Enemy had a pretty big impact on my life, as did Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince I think it was like '87, Big Daddy Kane had kids rocking the high fade round that time too, but when my boy got a hold of Wildstyle, Stylewars & Beatstreet it was OVER with! used to watch those tapes back to back like EVERY DAY!! my first record was Run-DMC, first tape was Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince, first CD was Boogie Down Productions I bought it from saved up milk money, after that was the first Tribe Called Quest album.

Stylewars had me and my crew going NUTS!, getting matching fats for our pumas and racking cans, LOVIN IT!

them were the days, man sometimes I wish I could go back to that time, it was so much fun, there were Bboy crews in my town, that used to battle in the subway stations, and at the Central Station downtown, man it felt really good to be alive back then! still does but that time was really unique!

Ritchie

• Foot Soldier
    • REP: +1/-2
    • View Profile
The first Hip-Hop/Rap song I fell in love with was "Nothing but a G thang" by Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg.

The first time I saw the video I went into another world.
By the time "Murder Was the Case" and "Tha Dogg Pound" came out, it was OVER!

Nothing but a G thang was a banger.
Definitly was the west coast movement, Deathrow baby.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
The day I learnt how to dance and sing along to a song, twas the day theee ToXic Candy was born.
Yeah baby give any type of muso I'll hook up a perfomance for you and a couple of friendzzz. ;)

You are one of a kind boo:)
@cash_sog

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile
started to have a love-hate relationship with hiphop in 1991. the days of CCV ;) ;), one song that i can still remember is by MC Hammer- Cant touch this. i got to hiphop through reggae.

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
the day i heard soulja boy... now that's real hip hop...  ::)

soulja boy? nigga you serious? that kid only showed up in rap like 2 years ago, so you new in the game

but its all good mayne, that kid is tight on the dance floor but i think ice t was right, that nigga singl handadley destroyed hip hop with that superman shit

@ billion- so you f***ing with some local ish very hard nhe? all good, that selwyn kid was tight, what happened to him?

this c*** actually believed me *popeye laugh* ep ep ep ep ep

dont act like you were joking nigga pliz, you new in this shit, bet you just learnt how to talk, shame no woder you into souljha boy, you weak, weak
Hood.