• REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
My bad. Dnt mean to derail the thread
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
I c. Mayb this is an opportunity 4 him to redeem himself in ur eyes.. I'm nt sayin thats wat he thinks either coz i dnt kno much bout yall run ins. Mayb if u lend ur input on this, u wont regret it. I'm jus sayin. 

WORD. Me and Cash have always had healthy arguments though,which i always appreciate. If it's about mapping a new path through proper discussions,im all for it.Like the man says,let's move forward.

I reckon yall do a joint. Federation ft. Cash.. Or vice versa. Huh...?

Don't worry.We gonna make that happen in the new year.On some real shit.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 10:18:44 AM by MrC »
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Touareg

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
    • View Profile
Cash as i said before. i think this a great idea, but if this is gonna be a success, it will take a lot of commitment from all the players involved.South African artists have a tendency of letting their egos control them.

And as Mr C s already illuded to...you (and the rest of your fellow Hip Pop bonobos) also have a tendancy to look down on other artists because as you would put it..."No one got swagger like you" these two factors have the potencial of crumbling this project.

Therefore there needs to be a common respect amongst everybody and a common understanding of the ojectives that need to be reached here.
Real Recognise Real

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
I think it is crucial that we get all the "Hip-Hop Minds". Oldschool(D Planet,Proverb,Tumi, Zubz, MrC etc.)

'Oldschool'? WTF??

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
None of that kid.Thing with your man is he been talking like this forever. Then the next chance he gets he switches up on niggaz. He aint consistent. So to me it doesn't seem genuine just based off previous experiences with him.

Understood.
But do not dwell too long in the past my good friend. We now need to work our way forward.

We all have emotions and certain "personalities". Lets not let an INDIVIDUALS persona be bigger than the MESSAGE.
What I am saying here is REAL. Regardless of how consistent I AM, the message is VERY CONSISTENT.

I would greatly appreciate your genuine participation.

Im all for the idea man. But the thing with UNITY is we have to appreciate diversity first.If we gonna go calling peoples names,refering to their hustles as "sausage fests" and all,LOL, then it aint helping anyone.U feel me ? Unity means "everybody" coming together.EVERYBODY,not just people with certain "MOVEMENTS".

If it's real,then im down.

LOL @ The Sausage Fest comment.
But you make a great point C.
This is why I brought the idea of a "collaborative" movement.
Its easy for one man to critisize another mans hustle, up until you put yourself in that persons shoes and walk a day in their life!

If we collaborate more on all the gigs,events,music,music videos,etc. we will start to develop TEAM WORK. and that will develop from "dissing" each other, to "positively critisising" each other, which inevitably will facilitate growth.

If we HOSTED an event together, and I pulled MY crowd in(The Ladies and Young Niggas), and you pulled YOUR crowd in(The rugged niggas and older people), we would have a good turnup of a mixed crowd. ie. No sausage fest and no ALL TEENY bopper CROWDS.

It would just be a SOLID CROWD.

If we worked on a track i would bring you a monster HOOK and you would bring monster verses. ie. food for thought + commercial viability (good example with Kanye and Common getting together).

@Touareg,
I think constantly engaging with each other will make us develop a TEAM SPIRIT. Lets have knowledge AND swagger. Instead of thinking you cant have the two together in equilibrium.

We must lose the "I'm right, you're wrong" mentality. I hear you. Ego's must GO, like I mentioned previously. Lets not focus on "single personalities" but rather on the bigger "common message".

I'm sure we can get along and work together. In fact, I will put my life on it!
@cash_sog

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile
f*** local hip hop, shit is whack, im not letting my kids any where near those lame tracks they put out, im f***ing with some brazilian hip hop now, f*** america too

stopped listening to em since kanye west quit rapping, im f***ing with some brazil nucca called " skpitpo pynes" f***ing dope
Hood.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
I think it is crucial that we get all the "Hip-Hop Minds". Oldschool(D Planet,Proverb,Tumi, Zubz, MrC etc.)

'Oldschool'? WTF??

Sorry if it didnt come out as politically correct as intended.
I sincerely apologise. In terms of ARMY CODE, lets use the example of the "Old Guard" and the "New Guard".
Or in Soccer, The Old Central defender with all the experience in the world, and the Young Striker still learning the ropes.

My apologies, D
Hope you get what I was trying to say
@cash_sog

Trinidad-Hux

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +16/-18
    • View Profile
Yo Cash, I know we're having a nice little we are the world moment right now but let me ask you something. Aren't supposed to be doing hip 'pop'? Besides, I thought the rest of us were 'broke'. Why do you want to form a coalition with 'broke' cats?
quot;Don't take shots if you ain't usin a handgun"

THAT LADY!

• I'm just a lil angel , I bring good luck!
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +20/-50
  • Your Royal flyness
    • View Profile
SA Hip-Hop is like a women to me.
So great and so powerful and if there was unity , they would run the show. But they not because they cant work together long and real enough.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 11:03:40 AM by too much for AG »

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile
Yo Cash, I know we're having a nice little we are the world moment right now but let me ask you something. Aren't supposed to be doing hip 'pop'? Besides, I thought the rest of us were 'broke'. Why do you want to form a coalition with 'broke' cats?

yeah, s'funukwazi

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

Fair questions. I like the way you put it.

Yes,I am doing Hip-Pop (which I hope we can all accept,embrace and move on with - It is a form of Hip-Hop and it is a branch off the growing Hip-Hop Tree), and "All of us are Broke" however we look at it. but we have the power to change that though.

Now this may seem like a we are the world moment, but its actually more like a "We CAN build a new world" moment.

If we come together there is greater possiblities for growth.
If we continue to divide and conquer, soon there will be nothing left but barren land ruled by a meaningless dictator(Dick taker).

I think we all can agree we cannot let that be the fate of what we have all been working so hard on.
@cash_sog

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
I would like to request that the topic/idea discussed be the MAIN focus here.

Ideally let us speak as a collective of SA hip-Hop.
I have simply observed the need for this engagement, but I am not the SPOKESPERSON.

We must appoint one.

I think we just need to agree who is willing to take this forward. and then perhaps have a venue for a "conference" where we can all converge to at a convenient time for everybody. We can expand it to an annual conference across the country.

Please understand that this is not an opportunity for me to practise some sort of affectation. It is simply an idea which I hope we can expand on together.
@cash_sog

THAT LADY!

• AG Elite Member
  • Your Royal flyness
    • View Profile
I like what Zola 7  said once " The entertainment industry is not a hidding place for fools"

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
So great and so powerful and if there was unity , they would run the show. But they not because they cant work together long and real enough.

This is very true.
We all know this, but we just cannot get our minds into "changing the cycle"
Let us try
@cash_sog

THAT LADY!

• AG Elite Member
  • Your Royal flyness
    • View Profile

This is very true.
We all know this, but we just cannot get our minds into "changing the cycle"
Let us try
Sup Cash?
Yo..... this "change" you talking about does everyone want it? And if yes, you think they'll be ready for it?
Personally I think it can't be done.