Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Coalition

cash · 86 · 15841

THAT LADY!

• I'm just a lil angel , I bring good luck!
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +20/-50
  • Your Royal flyness
    • View Profile
@ jay - yes sunshine.. I'm pretty sure everyone is in love wit hiphop! If u read wat i wrote u wont find mention to the contrary. Foregone conclusion in my mind. There r different hiphop sub-genres which is where u find in-fighting within HIPHOP as a whole. All those representatives adore the sub-genres which they feel represent them, and vice versa.. The problem then cums wen one 'representative' is pitted against another.. Generally known as 'old school vs new school'. <fast forward> how do we make those 'representatives' work as a solid unit? They all love hiphop! Jus not the same type of hiphop! I doubt very much u can force anyone to like sumthing.. It has to be their decision! Bt if people act grown up bcoz they believe tolerating the next individual wud possibly work for themselves.. i.e get them paid.. then u r creatin an environment where that tolerance wil translate to unity, hapiness and maybe even love for thy neighbour in our art. But the principles of BUSINESS need to apply. My sentiments!
Hey wussup Koli :)
all love......
I aint fighting with you the thought never crossed my mind, you just dont seem to get me and I got a lil mad ( not as in The raper mad) lol
seems like you still dont get me. We want the same thing here and I know very well that theres more to Hip-hop than just the music as I used to Graff and I'm a Capetonian and well aware of beat boying , skateboarding , beatboxing and poetry. I wanna seee cats unite , but Im a realist and think that we need our very own Obama to make this concept come to life.

THAT LADY!

• AG Elite Member
  • Your Royal flyness
    • View Profile
But of course, we need love! I'm jus sayin, it mite neva happen if u expect everyone to love everyone else first! People need to b convinced and happy to let their guard down.
NO sweets, not love others first, love yourself and what you do 1st! Get it?

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
Point taken my nigga.

The Business Principles are Pre-Requisites to Unity.
I mean, If each sub-genre is eating there will be less problems.

I mean,how many wealthy people really have a problem with the next man doing his thing?

I think we must focus on :

Industry analysis and Trends. ie
-Size and Growth of the Industry
-Maturity of the Industry
-Impact of economic and political/cultural factors
-Seasonal factors(ie. FESTIVE)
-Technological factors
-Supply and Distribution
-ANTICIPATE THE CHANGES/Challenges TO COME

Once we have the industry analysis DEFINED "CLEARLY", we can work on our Competitive Position(ie. where does Hiphop stand in SA Music), our market share in other words. We have the potential to take a LARGE portion of this share, as Kwaito is falling away and House music is moving with a more MATURE listener now as the "MAIN" house DJ's are getting older(Over 35 average now).

We can grab the 13-35 age group quite easily if they see more value in Hiphop. ie more than just the music, but in fashion,culture,film,arts and culture,technology,and in their own personal growth(we must be aspirational figures - superstars)

We MUST create MORE VALUE for MORE PEOPLE! We cannot continue to only cater for ourselves, because we dont "PAY" ourselves.
@cash_sog

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
I c u Ma! U seemed pretti cranky. Its all gud. No offence intended either! Cash 4 Obama! Lol! Yeah mayb we do need an obama. Mayb we can all try find an obama inside. Yes, we can!
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

THAT LADY!

• AG Elite Member
  • Your Royal flyness
    • View Profile
I c u Ma! U seemed pretti cranky. Its all gud. No offence intended either! Cash 4 Obama! Lol! Yeah mayb we do need an obama. Mayb we can all try find an obama inside. Yes, we can!
Me? Cranky? nah....
Thats the best thing you said in this entire thread "Mayb we can all try find an obama inside. Yes, we can!"
here here , ( I gave you props for that 8) )

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
@ jay - yes sunshine.. I'm pretty sure everyone is in love wit hiphop! If u read wat i wrote u wont find mention to the contrary. Foregone conclusion in my mind. There r different hiphop sub-genres which is where u find in-fighting within HIPHOP as a whole. All those representatives adore the sub-genres which they feel represent them, and vice versa.. The problem then cums wen one 'representative' is pitted against another.. Generally known as 'old school vs new school'. <fast forward> how do we make those 'representatives' work as a solid unit? They all love hiphop! Jus not the same type of hiphop! I doubt very much u can force anyone to like sumthing.. It has to be their decision! Bt if people act grown up bcoz they believe tolerating the next individual wud possibly work for themselves.. i.e get them paid.. then u r creatin an environment where that tolerance wil translate to unity, hapiness and maybe even love for thy neighbour in our art. But the principles of BUSINESS need to apply. My sentiments!
all love......
I aint fighting with you the thought never crossed my mind, you just dont seem to get me and I got a lil mad ( not as in The raper mad) lol
seems like you still dont get me. We want the same thing here and I know very well that theres more to Hip-hop than just the music as I used to Graff and I'm a Capetonian and well aware of beat boying , skateboarding , beatboxing and poetry. I wanna seee cats unite , but Im a realist and think that we need our very own Obama to make this concept come to life.
Our own Obama.lol. I love it!
This would speed up the process remarkably.
Every revolution has a "Positive Figure"
We must discuss this as a collective.
The only problem would be WHO has "Nelson Mandela" like character in Hiphop. Meaning a "SELFLESS" individual who will sacrifice him/herself no matter what, for the upliftment and growth of Hiphop?

Now Jay, as a realist/or a dreamer, I dont think any of us can answer that at this current point in time.
@cash_sog

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
 :)Koli
Perhaps you are right. Maybe we can all find an Obama/Mandela in each of us.
PROPS
@cash_sog

Mprofeti the Radical Process

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +3/-13
    • View Profile
all love......
The only problem would be WHO has "Nelson Mandela" like character in Hiphop. Meaning a "SELFLESS" individual who will sacrifice him/herself no matter what, for the upliftment and growth of Hiphop?

Now Jay, as a realist/or a dreamer, I dont think any of us can answer that at this current point in time.

Thats one of the obstacles that this good idea you came with is going to face, Hip-Hop individuals pulling together in one direction under a certain person.........
Freedom is only a state of mind....

THAT LADY!

• AG Elite Member
  • Your Royal flyness
    • View Profile
all love......

I swear to God I see those qualities in the Verb.
He's selfless and when I tried to seduce him he told me he's got a fam, I loved that !
Mandela + Obama + SA's Hip-hop leader= Verb!!!

And not because he's the illest mcee ( 4 me ) in SA , YES I said it, but he spits knowledge and when I chated with him, he made me feel like I was talking to my homey of years.

VERB!!!!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 11:10:51 AM by too much for AG »

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
I think when needed the most, such a figure is normally identified by the people. I dont think we can predict or decide who that will be.

Im not one to totally support having a "cult" figure, but the idea is very appealing. Imagine somebody that all South Africans can identify with,embrace,support and love.

Zola did that for Kwaito at the time when it needed someone like that the most.

My wish is that this "Idea" for Unity, ie. The Congress Of Hiphop will expand with more "thinkers" and "problem solvers" coming forward because there will be "mountains of obstacles to move".

These need strength in numbers and brain power to overcome.

@Jay, lol at you trying to seduce Verb. hahhhahaha! wtf? Youre a gem.
@cash_sog

THAT LADY!

• AG Elite Member
  • Your Royal flyness
    • View Profile
I think when needed the most, such a figure is normally identified by the people. I dont think we can predict or decide who that will be.

Im not one to totally support having a "cult" figure, but the idea is very appealing. Imagine somebody that all South Africans can identify with,embrace,support and love.

Zola did that for Kwaito at the time when it needed someone like that the most.

My wish is that this "Idea" for Unity, ie. The Congress Of Hiphop will expand with more "thinkers" and "problem solvers" coming forward because there will be "mountains of obstacles to move".

These need strength in numbers and brain power to overcome.

@Jay, lol at you trying to seduce Verb. hahhhahaha! wtf? Youre a gem.
I hear you ma boy , if it's that persons fate  it will surely come to pa**!!

LOL, yeah I did. he turned me on while listening to he's first album and I thought to myself " I just got to have him'' LOL, but now i respect him more .

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
This wouldve been a super idea if it was an article in hype (it does actually sound like something mizi would say), but spending all ur energy here on AG wont make a difference to S.A hip hop at all.
The best thing this site can do is introduce u to new ppl and start working from there...
the real issue is in the streets not on some internet forum

I was thinking about how HYPE can be used to bring the Coalition Idea into the media scope.

A simple idea, yet Very effective.

I want to get someone to design a simple T-Shirt with the message "UNITY" on it and invite all our FAVOURITE HIPHOP ARTISTS/DJ's/PRODUCERS/DANCERS/etc. from ALL different genres to do a Photo Shoot Together.

This will be a great visual representation of the CHANGE I am talking about.

Put these photos in the Fashion Pages, The POSTER, The Main Feature, " A 3-4 Page" foldout cover and to top it off a MIXTAPE WITH INSANE COLLABOS all based on the concept of UNITY! Crackboys and Tumi, Ben sharpa and Da Les, The Federation and Teargas etc.(Special Edition HYPE MAG)

I think we all know that this we be the Top Selling HYPE issue EVER!
And be a landmark in "showing the corporates how powerful hiphop can really be when unified".

Maybe I should draft a formal proposal for HYPE. I'm on it.

That's actually a dope idea [props +1]

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
^would Kaptin really do a track with Da Les?

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
[props] back at you.
It would work in so many aspects - Bring more unity, Growth in the market, more (positive)attention to hiphop,etc.
And it is VERY practical. Its a simple and easily executable plan.
@cash_sog

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records
^would Kaptin really do a track with Da Les?

Mariah Carey did a track with ODB. Anything is possible :)