Africasgateway.com

Coalition

cash · 86 · 15837

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
SA Hiphop has come a long way, with many ups and downs, many friendships and beefs, many positive moves and many mistakes.

I think we can all agree that we have all learned very valuable lessons in the past 5-10 years.

Hiphop has reached the point where it now has the ability to change form. ie to evolve. It is now inevitable that we change our mindsets as well.

It is a great time for unity in the game.
Why?
Simple.
Record labels have lost the power to dictate what direction hiphop should go in South Africa. We have all learned to empower ourselves and utilise our knowledge to navigate and create our own paths in this game.

The ball is in our court and we decide how we will use this power of expression.

I beleive that if we all unite and move as ONE unit( Hiphop - All Schools of Hiphop) that we can make a difference and create a booming market similar to how Kwaito exploded into the frontline.

Let us carve an alliance or coalition, a UNION if you will. As I stated before " A Congress Of Hiphop" and work together to develop the industry we all dream of being a part of.

I dont expect an immediate response, or even a positive one at that. But I do expect a thought to be planted in each and every one of your minds,hearts and souls.

Let us UNIFY HIPHOP!
We all share the same common goal.
@cash_sog

ProVerb

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +13/-22
  • Write of Pa**age Out May 18th!!!
    • View Profile
    • ProVerb Music
Now you're talkin Cash!

Here here!
Write of Pa**age out Now!!!

WORDSMITH

• The wap up starts at the bottom.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-21
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com

Ching Ching!!! is on sum revolution tip.

Now a Congress? what are you looking at really?
All aspects of The Music Bussiness or what?
If thats the case
That would work for sure man...
"Hip Hip is Hip Hip, We quick to Judge,
But we aint quick enough to not be Judged"
- Philo (Bloem Cat)

Baddbrainz

• So what if you flip a couple words...I could triple that in birds
  • Foot Soldier
    • REP: +0/-11
  • All my niggaz caped up..selling grey and beige dus
    • View Profile

Ching Ching!!! is on sum revolution tip.,,,,,,,,LOL :D :D :D,,,,,,,,a**face is funny :D :D,,,,,,,So wat must we do? We must take responsibility, first and foremost for both ourselves as individuals and collectivities.We must understand that our black/brown brothers are not our enemies. Again--we have no one to look out for us but us not these money hungry record labels (hip hop is right in the palm of our hand). When you see wrong speak on it and intervene just like CHING CHING did but we have to put it all into practice which wont be a easy job at all.Reach out and be receptive to other people’s points of view if you are feeling like violence is the only alternative(we have actors in hip hop,thats the fact we cant run away from).YESLet’s bring back the peace, love, and soul in HIP HOP that was once all we knew.
The name of the real game now is to be focused.How many young folks today can’t envision themselves older than 25? How plan for any future at all? This should be obvious to all of us by now. Things that many in our communities seem to imitate and emulate (“game,” “pimping” “the life”—all about exploitation of ourselves by ourselves--. Enough of this. Do you think that the bank, the phone company, or a prospective employer cares about your street game; your pimping? The game so many want to play in our communities may make you seem cute in the eyes of shallow folks but what you know is more important then how you look or act. Contrary to popular belief both inside and outside our neighborhoods, being slick and shady is a dead end.hip hop should save persons life

Feds, they like wack rappers!!!

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
Congress of Hiphop! Hola there! I kno who Cash votin for next year! Lol. The possibilities r endless, provided the setup is carefully thought out and all involved(i'm hopin ALL wud be involved) have the pa**ion and dedication this type of venture wud require. Then the whole continent b Crackboys! Lol! Jokes! I'm hundreds 4 this coalition tho! <cud even contest the elections if we mad serious yall.. Tsk tsk. Ok i'll stop!> wat yall think tho?
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

Touareg

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +14/-18
    • View Profile
Wow...Cash has developed a brain :D

I thought you didnt care about Hip Hop, all you were concerned about is pushing your Hip Pop...

That's a great idea nontheless Cash, well put too.You're growing up my son :)
Real Recognise Real

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +35/-25
    • View Profile
Whatever Man.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Correct me if i'm wrong.. I sensed sum animosity frm mr.c. Mr. C?

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
I think it is crucial that we get all the "Hip-Hop Minds". Oldschool(D Planet,Proverb,Tumi, Zubz, MrC etc.) and Newschool(Myself, Explicit,Koli, Bondizzo,Morale, Buff POUND, Bongani Fa**ie etc.) to clearly DEFINE the Business Concept of Hip-Hop in SA(Or The Congress of Hip-Hop).

***I only mention the following names because they are the most ACTIVE in the game currently***

Of course there are tons more people I would like to come forward and offer their time,energy and brain power, and most importantly their Pa**ION AND LOVE for Hip-Hop(and all sub-genres spawned from Hip-Hop including Gangsta Rap, Crunk,Snap,Hyphy, Motherland Crunk,Hip-Hop/rock, Hip-Pop,Conscious Hip-hop, Backpack Rap, Neo-soul Hip-Hop, Grime, R&B/Hip-Hop, Kwai-Hop,(in fact Kwaito itself), Motswako etc). This is not a "Purist" movement. It is a "Growth and Development" movement. It is purely grounded on the concept of UNITY.

The real aim is for us to EMBRACE our differences, then learn to work together towards the growth and development of Hip-Hop in SA as a viable business/career which can create fullfilling JOB OPPORTUNITIES for everybody.

From the gully "Battle Rappers", to the grimy "Boom Bap Preservists", to the flashy "Hip-Pop Star" all the way down to Promoters, Print Media,Fashion designers,Manufacturers/Distributors,Management,Music Video Girls,Dancers and most importantly "THE FAN looking for a career in different fileds within Hip-Hop".

We must all construct a system which creates revenue for all of us. But not just in monetary terms. It must be something you can be proud of and must bring VALUE to our lives.

A system that can can be duplicated and "updated" as time goes by so when change is needed again, there is less resistance as we will be PREPARED for the climate changes.

Everything from shows, to songs, to business ventures, must be collaboratively done.

I implore you all to think about this and come FORWARD and let your opinions be heard.

This is an open discussion and everyone is welcome to exercise their ability to unite our minds and resources and start something that can never be broken.

ps. Yes, I do have a brain, we all do, now lets all use them together.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 09:57:13 AM by cash »
@cash_sog

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
None of that kid.Thing with your man is he been talking like this forever. Then the next chance he gets he switches up on niggaz. He aint consistent. So to me it doesn't seem genuine just based off previous experiences with him.
"Generation X, really take it to the Max, everybody's so smart,cos we google all the facts" - Neon

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
None of that kid.Thing with your man is he been talking like this forever. Then the next chance he gets he switches up on niggaz. He aint consistent. So to me it doesn't seem genuine just based off previous experiences with him.

Understood.
But do not dwell too long in the past my good friend. We now need to work our way forward.

We all have emotions and certain "personalities". Lets not let an INDIVIDUALS persona be bigger than the MESSAGE.
What I am saying here is REAL. Regardless of how consistent I AM, the message is VERY CONSISTENT.

I would greatly appreciate your genuine participation.
@cash_sog

MrC The Rap God Almighty

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile

Understood.
But do not dwell too long in the past my good friend. We now need to work our way forward.

We all have emotions and certain "personalities". Lets not let an INDIVIDUALS persona be bigger than the MESSAGE.
What I am saying here is REAL. Regardless of how consistent I AM, the message is VERY CONSISTENT.

I would greatly appreciate your genuine participation.

Im all for the idea man. But the thing with UNITY is we have to appreciate diversity first.If we gonna go calling peoples names,refering to their hustles as "sausage fests" and all,LOL, then it aint helping anyone.U feel me ? Unity means "everybody" coming together.EVERYBODY,not just people with certain "MOVEMENTS".

If it's real,then im down.

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
I c. Mayb this is an opportunity 4 him to redeem himself in ur eyes.. I'm nt sayin thats wat he thinks either coz i dnt kno much bout yall run ins. Mayb if u lend ur input on this, u wont regret it. I'm jus sayin. 

the panic!

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +26/-28
    • View Profile
what exactly do you mean, though? in practical terms.

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
I reckon yall do a joint. Federation ft. Cash.. Or vice versa. Huh...?