Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Coalition

cash · 86 · 15828

THAT LADY!

• I'm just a lil angel , I bring good luck!
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +20/-50
  • Your Royal flyness
    • View Profile
just another thread , whats the out comes. Stop talking and actually do shit .

...on that topic,,, where's my vocals at cash!? ;)

Surely you could have PM'ed me about that.lol
Why u putting me on blast like that?lol.

Beleive me I will try my best to have the vocals done by 2009.
I am honoured to have the opportunity to unify "Crackboys" and "Pioneer Unit". It MUST HAPPEN!

Thanks for the reminder.

I just thought that as the leader of the Coalition you'd like to show people that's it's not just all talk. Viva transparency. Viva! :)

2009??! I ain't asking you to write a book! Cats is sleepy man. Lil Wayne would have finished 3 albums in the time it's taken you to spit a 16!  ;D ;D ;D

Let's go this thing moving!
lol! then maybe you should ask wayne to hook u up ;D
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 02:48:18 PM by too much for AG »

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

I am honoured to have the opportunity to unify "Crackboys" and "Pioneer Unit". It MUST HAPPEN!

Thanks for the reminder.

I just thought that as the leader of the Coalition you'd like to show people that's it's not just all talk. Viva transparency. Viva! :)

2009??! I ain't asking you to write a book! Cats is sleepy man. I knew i would've given the opportunity to Tuboy an album would've been done by the time you give your 16!   ;D ;D ;D

:o :o :o You should've said Dpleezy  :D :D :D :D Jokes man

hahah,,, props +1 for that :)

Tuboy

• http://www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-19
  • my heart is a house nucca, fear don't live here!
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com/tuboytulz

Thanks for the reminder.

2009??! I ain't asking you to write a book! Cats is sleepy man. I knew i would've given the opportunity to Tuboy an album would've been done by the time you give your 16!   ;D ;D ;D

:o :o :o You should've said Dpleezy  :D :D :D :D Jokes man

hahah,,, props +1 for that :)

Lol Thanks Dpleezy...
M Turn

Dpleezy

• Run Tings
  • AG O.G.
    • REP: +26/-56
    • View Profile
    • Pioneer Unit Records

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
on the real tho...

i dont wana be no young rapper reporting to the S.A HipHop society, i dont wana be molded, and that conference idea, are you gona be discussing where the game is going in the next few years and what else? havent you been discussing shit since forever... i dont wana address to no c.e.o of S.A hiphop. besides there gona be too many disagreements and shit, emcees is hard headed, and whats this about no more diss tracks? cmon man im a rapper if i wana diss you ill diss you, its all on wax thats why theres no way possible diss tracks can hold us back...

do your own thing and il do mine, fine a collabo is a collabo, but a coalition will stop individuals from moving forward...

@ Vol,Theres much more to Hip-hop than Emcees.
Theres "Management", "Distribution", "Marketing","Payroll" and many other PROCESSES that must be discussed.

Beleive me it will benefit every emcee if these processes are mapped and implemented professionally.
Simply put, YOU WILL GET PAYED!

There are also factors such as "Where does the profit go and how does it get allocated to everyone involved", "How do we get corporate confidence" and "How do we fit into the Financial and Political Scope". Also very importantly, "What is Hip-Hop doing to GIVE BACK"

@DPlanet, please try to understand man. I am sure you know the WORK involved in just having a SINGLE project out whilst working on new ones. I have to manage 7 projects (out at present), and 4 more coming (very shortly).

I almost considered "quitting" as an artist and focussing on the Business.

I am finding it extremely difficult to even work on my own solo project and get into perfect shape at the same time. But my time management will improve now that we have employed a Full-Time manager and PA.

You guys will get to know her VERY well.
Please just give me till 2009.lol.
@cash_sog

THAT LADY!

• AG Elite Member
  • Your Royal flyness
    • View Profile
lol! then maybe you should ask wayne to hook u up ;D

He's on my list ;)
Yo, you shouldnt be walking around with list as long as your arm nigga ;D lmao!

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Heres a Good Read

HOW TO PREDICT THE FUTURE

It's a basic law of this dynamic, ever-changing universe that there's no such thing as something "staying the same." Things are either expanding or contracting, increasing or decreasing, getting better or getting worse. Even the metal or hard plastic computer or sheet of paper on which you are reading these words, as solid and as stable as they appear are all slowly decaying and deteriorating. Come back in a few dozen years, and you'll see the effects of decay over time. If you know this, then you can look at everything from business phenomena to romantic relationships a little bit differently, and can perform what some might consider fortune-telling simply by asking, "where is this heading?"

Every business, every situation, every relationship is either getting better or getting worse, growing or shrinking, going up or heading downhill. Therefore, as long as you can honestly a**ess what you observe or experience over a given time frame, you can "predict" where something is heading and take any evasive or remedial actions as necessary. There are even specific formulas(1) you can use to reverse or stabilize a declining trend, improve a flat trend, improve a rising trend, or greatly improve an already stellar trend for any observable statistic like "sales" for instance.

Now having said that, let's examine some observable facts and trends within the music industry that you can use to predict the future, or at least prepare and position yourself for success regardless of what specifically happens.

@cash_sog

SUPER RUTHLESS

• SOUTH OF A
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +24/-20
  • New South Movement
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Men Entertainment
This wouldve been a super idea if it was an article in hype (it does actually sound like something mizi would say), but spending all ur energy here on AG wont make a difference to S.A hip hop at all.
The best thing this site can do is introduce u to new ppl and start working from there...
the real issue is in the streets not on some internet forum

Baddbrainz

• So what if you flip a couple words...I could triple that in birds
  • Foot Soldier
    • REP: +0/-11
  • All my niggaz caped up..selling grey and beige dus
    • View Profile

Ching Ching!!! is on sum revolution tip.
LOL ;D ;D :D :D,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Feds, they like wack rappers!!!

THAT LADY!

• AG Elite Member
  • Your Royal flyness
    • View Profile
blah blah blah blah blaaaaaaaah! *yawn*

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
This wouldve been a super idea if it was an article in hype (it does actually sound like something mizi would say), but spending all ur energy here on AG wont make a difference to S.A hip hop at all.
The best thing this site can do is introduce u to new ppl and start working from there...
the real issue is in the streets not on some internet forum

I was thinking about how HYPE can be used to bring the Coalition Idea into the media scope.

A simple idea, yet Very effective.

I want to get someone to design a simple T-Shirt with the message "UNITY" on it and invite all our FAVOURITE HIPHOP ARTISTS/DJ's/PRODUCERS/DANCERS/etc. from ALL different genres to do a Photo Shoot Together.

This will be a great visual representation of the CHANGE I am talking about.

Put these photos in the Fashion Pages, The POSTER, The Main Feature, " A 3-4 Page" foldout cover and to top it off a MIXTAPE WITH INSANE COLLABOS all based on the concept of UNITY! Crackboys and Tumi, Ben sharpa and Da Les, The Federation and Teargas etc.(Special Edition HYPE MAG)

I think we all know that this we be the Top Selling HYPE issue EVER!
And be a landmark in "showing the corporates how powerful hiphop can really be when unified".

Maybe I should draft a formal proposal for HYPE. I'm on it.
@cash_sog

Mad

• CEO of goldmine rec.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +23/-161
  • hood whips
    • View Profile

south african cats are too concious, they are not into hardcore ish, to them rap is about who gets noticed for saying good stuff in his songs, it aint about what the culture is, take a loot at america, thats some diverse ish, you get there, thats the type of music that makes you want to become a rapper, in south africa you dont find that, i switch off my rtadio as soon as i hear zuluboy, it would be better if its tuks thats playing

tuks is more diverse and interlectuall, his confident and intelligent....i dont know tswana but i can connect to what he spits in his tracks even if i cant haer a single word, prokid on the other side is trying to hard with his tsotsi taal, but astleast its something i can listen to

everytime i buy the hype mag, i find that 80% of the cats featured there are into concious rap, why? is it bczo it works a lot for common or the roots?

we need to stop focusing on making money and getting atnetion and spare sometime to develop hip hop in south africa
just rap like we wont get paid and then you will see the money pilling up
Hood.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
I cant really understand what you are trying to say, but maybe if you articulated it better I will share my opinion on your point.

But yes, we must diversify and welcome each others diversity.
All the artists you mentioned are "great" in their own right.

Thanks for the feedback though. Normally you would just run off and derail the thread, but this time I see you have taken in some of the message. Which is a good thing. I mean if Mad is listening,then I think everybody else is listening.

Hopefully we can get more feedback on this "concept".

I think taking a stand with HYPE involved is a great start.
But let me point out a few obvious things we must tackle :

1. Empowering each other through unity
2. Stand up against promoters exploiting us(Pay Us to Perform)
3. Develop Corporate confidence
4. Put the money into the artists/producers hands
5. Give value back to our consumers
6. Find innovative ways to increase SALES(For Hiphop in general)
7. Squash BEEFS
8. Synchronise our movements(There is a Bigger Movement we are all a part of)
@cash_sog

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
@ jay - yes sunshine.. I'm pretty sure everyone is in love wit hiphop! If u read wat i wrote u wont find mention to the contrary. Foregone conclusion in my mind. There r different hiphop sub-genres which is where u find in-fighting within HIPHOP as a whole. All those representatives adore the sub-genres which they feel represent them, and vice versa.. The problem then cums wen one 'representative' is pitted against another.. Generally known as 'old school vs new school'. <fast forward> how do we make those 'representatives' work as a solid unit? They all love hiphop! Jus not the same type of hiphop! I doubt very much u can force anyone to like sumthing.. It has to be their decision! Bt if people act grown up bcoz they believe tolerating the next individual wud possibly work for themselves.. i.e get them paid.. then u r creatin an environment where that tolerance wil translate to unity, hapiness and maybe even love for thy neighbour in our art. But the principles of BUSINESS need to apply. My sentiments!
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"

Koli qha

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +19/-16
    • View Profile
But of course, we need love! I'm jus sayin, it mite neva happen if u expect everyone to love everyone else first! People need to b convinced and happy to let their guard down.
"How can I stay anonymous, when it's my job to be famous?"