Africasgateway.com

Flip this shit right here

WORDSMITH

• The wap up starts at the bottom.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-21
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com
well i promised id take part and take part i did.....here is ma flipidy flip.................oh yeah and i guest feature the Mash Out Pose & Heather B on this one................ ;D.......enjoy!

Is that Fruity Loops? ???

If im not mistaken oints only uses Reason

word to muva homes, 4years ago i found my REASON to live :)

That explains what i heard... Dope joint Oints... And Co-Sign you the response of this thread. where the feed back at?
"Hip Hip is Hip Hip, We quick to Judge,
But we aint quick enough to not be Judged"
- Philo (Bloem Cat)

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Dope joint Oints... And Co-Sign you the response of this thread. where the feed back at?

peace Dun and yeah, niccas need to give feed on each others work, but then again it is AG so im not fazed ;)

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
Dope joint Oints... And Co-Sign you the response of this thread. where the feed back at?

peace Dun and yeah, niccas need to give feed on each others work, but then again it is AG so im not fazed ;)

take the lead oints
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
take the lead oints

ahh ma ninj, aight F it...this is me:

Sir Black...i liked the flip, i felt it had a very casual laid back feel to it, almost like you could have a seasoned emcee doing damage on it with out that much effort, if u could put a Blu acapella on it like they did with Traach on crac knucks it would fit right in and would rock. dug it and enjoyed the fact that you could smell traces of the sample but didnt know which part of the song was chopped, wasnt too obvious.

the only serious kink i see in it is the overall level of the track. bumped it on full volume and it felt like i could still turn it up a bit more to make it knock. what that says to me is that hte mastering on it is very good, nicely mixed down but still needs more gain. liked it.

Sarcastic, for a person who claims not to have been makin beats for a while u sure have the ear, the cuttin skills and the arrangement skills too. i like. the flip however sounds more like a song and not a beat, listen to it and tell me where the mic controler would spit, proberbly in the front before the vocalist steals the show  ;). what im sayin is you seem to have gotten carried away with droppin the vocal sample on the beat when u simply could have put it in as a teaser to make the listener miss it more. the layout of the beat ignoring that its heavily laden with the "didint wanna have to do it" is nice to listen to. however it must be said that you need to work on cleanin up your sample, make for a smoother listenin pleasure and also check your percussion instruments, the shakers are loud as mu'f***er, they add a nice spicing to the whole thing but they are loud dun, check that. the beat is nice overall, nice take on the flip.

Ruth, the song starts of very nicely, the verse in it has the head buddin effect on it, it forces u to keep that rythm for an enjoyingly good time AND THEN u switch it dun, i think u hook up a break before u resume again with the verse part of the track, that for me killed the whole beat, it completely threw it off balance, it had a rhythm to it and it spun out of control in ur attmempt to manipualte the sample more. in my opinion, what you could have at least done was keep the intergral part of the song and momentum of it constant and manipulated the break by addin more of the vocal sample from the rest of the original song perhaps. all in all, playing the song from the begining before it gets to the hook was very nice....

disclaimer: these are the OPINIONs of a scholar and hardly a pro  ;)

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
take the lead oints

ahh ma ninj, aight F it...this is me:

Sir Black...i liked the flip, i felt it had a very casual laid back feel to it, almost like you could have a seasoned emcee doing damage on it with out that much effort, if u could put a Blu acapella on it like they did with Traach on crac knucks it would fit right in and would rock. dug it and enjoyed the fact that you could smell traces of the sample but didnt know which part of the song was chopped, wasnt too obvious.

thanks... ima do like u and start puttin accapellas and shit...

i like ur flip  man. that grimey shit... and MOP on it killed it further. i think ur aim was to go that route so u didnt give too much of the sample a flip... i liked it... i got some things ima gonna incorporate from your style of beat making.. all in all i liked it
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

SUPER RUTHLESS

• SOUTH OF A
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +24/-20
  • New South Movement
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Men Entertainment
Ruth, the song starts of very nicely, the verse in it has the head buddin effect on it, it forces u to keep that rythm for an enjoyingly good time AND THEN u switch it dun, i think u hook up a break before u resume again with the verse part of the track, that for me killed the whole beat, it completely threw it off balance, it had a rhythm to it and it spun out of control in ur attmempt to manipualte the sample more. in my opinion, what you could have at least done was keep the intergral part of the song and momentum of it constant and manipulated the break by addin more of the vocal sample from the rest of the original song perhaps. all in all, playing the song from the begining before it gets to the hook was very nice....

disclaimer: these are the OPINIONs of a scholar and hardly a pro  ;)

No worries dude, as i said that was a rush job i did in 15 mins... i didnt even save it, i just straight exported it to mp3.
I like the song so im still goona cook up something hot from it, that u might be on The Immortal Men`s upcoming project.

hate the fact that i dont have enough time on my hands to try and up my skill, producing has reallly taken a back seat theses last few months for me  >:(

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa
Lol ;D. I havent even flipped this myself. But im on my way to pta ryt now i'll have it by tomorrow. But thanx to everyone who's flipped. Hopefully in december we'll put a challenge and battle together, just need to stack some samples. And i promise to give feedbak to those who participated, and i promise to stop lying :)

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa
well i promised id take part and take part i did.....here is ma flipidy flip.................oh yeah and i guest feature the Mash Out Pose & Heather B on this one................ ;D.......enjoy!
Yeah, I like this. Like it very much. The intro is nice duke.

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa
Here it goes
Nice. chilled out, smooth... This is pretty good. Oints was right about the vox though, but you did really well for someone who hasnt done it for that long. It's quite impressive.
Props.

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Yeah, I like this. Like it very much. The intro is nice duke.

im very glad u diggin on that god, very dope sample by the way il be waitin for u to drop sum isht next year too.ONE

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa

D.Cha

• REP: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • Soundclick Link
this sample is bangin man, thanks for postin it up for everyone, as for feedback

sir black i like the way you chopped it up, i wasnt really feelin the kick you used tho

super ruthless like you said its a draft, i like what you got so far, jus needs to be completed

sarcastic ya track is cool, def better than the beats i was makin after a month, haha, i think if you did somethin more with the kicks it would make it more interesting

oints, dam homie you cant even tell it was from the sample man, the tracks crazy and def has a mop vibe to it, nice work

Spongebob/PatBricks/J-oNE/whatever he calls himself nowadays, you killed it man, after hearin ya track im second guess puttin mine up haha, but ya joint for real is a banger, im feelin all the change ups, keep makin them bangers homie

all feedback on mine is appreciated

[attachment deleted by admin]

oints

• AG Veteran
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
why Yo, D, its nice to see you out here dun, thts wussup :)

downloaded the J-One flip, the samplling over there is murderous, the flip itsself is really impressive listening to it i cant help but nod to the drums, on the real homy you got the drums patterin on lock, its very fresh and like i said to u some where some time before, its very unorthodox, providing for an alternative sound, a rich one.

ONE minor thing thou, u need to check the percussions(hi hats and such), in my experience hi hats should be mixed at the very lowest db, at least thats what this other one sound tech guy told me when i was starting up. your hi hats are very very loud, try balancing those with the tambarines (sp) u got, the level of the tambarines is nice an low but still audible, fix that and my dear friend you might have on your hands a very very very very dope FLIP....im still tryna figure out what you chopped ;)

downloaded the D-Cha flip too DOPE, i like the chops, the sample was chopped to shit ne?...lol...i like the only thing that i can see as a potential problem is the level, i pplayed the beat at regular vol, sumin that my grand moms could bump...NICE, no clippin...then i turn up the volume to sumin my system of a down mates could bump..CLIP CLIP CLIP...watch the levels dun, otherwise, the beat is a monster, it does the sample justice although u still drop traces of it here and there...work on the final mastering and you are good.

obviously, as FAR AS IM concerned :)

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa
I'm shocked yall liked it so much. Thanx.
Oints it's that swing in the drums man ;). Nah fa real though, I had some fun with the drums here.

As for the hi hats, thanx for that advice, I'll remember that, thanx for the schooling. homie.

Big up to D-Cha too. Im on the download as we speak, I'll have that feedback in ten.

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa
D.Cha - Your beats got this nice warm feeling to it and it feels more complete than most others. and I dig ya fills. And damn you did chopped the shit outta that sample :o lol.
Your drums, well right now Im bumping it on computer speakers so I dont know if im right, your drums sound a bit distorted, it's either that or they super gritty......... I dont know if you did it on purpose but it kinda ruins that warmth of your beat.

For real though DiyaCHA
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 11:53:15 AM by Spongebob/PatBricks/J-oNE/whatever he calls himself nowadays »