Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

John Forte is a Free Man!

Hip Hop Fan

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +7/-8
    • View Profile
By Charlie Rem

President George W. Bush has pardoned rapper John Forte, an affiliate of the Fugees, who has been serving prison time for smuggling drugs, sources told AllHipHop.com.

Forte was one of 14 persons that Bush has pardoned or granted commuted prison sentences.

This wave of White House pardons is Bush's latest, as he has less than two months in his presidency. A pardon cannot be overruled.

Forte was arrested at Newark International Airport in 2000 and charged with possession with intent to distribute cocaine and conspiracy to distribute. Police caught him accepting a briefcase with about $1.4 million worth of liquid cocaine in it.

Forte was hit with a 14-year sentence in a federal penitentiary under minimum sentencing laws even though it was his first offense and he was a non-violent offender. He began his bid in jail in 2001 and has fought the laws vehemently.

Through the ordeal, he maintained his innocence and turned down a plea deal.

John Forte has released two albums, Poly Sci and I, John.

John found an ally in legendary singer Carly Simon and her son Ben Taylor, both close friends. Forte lived at Simon's estate in Martha's Vineyard for about six weeks in 1999 and even spent the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays with the family. Simon and Taylor have lobbied on Forte’s behalf since he was incarcerated.

Much speculation has been made of others Bush may opt to pardon. Most of these involved those that government employees that may have unjustly interrogated suspected terrorists in the aftermath of the September 11, 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center.

A pardon of these cases would severely impede president elect Barack Obama from investigating such crimes.

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
Those who've seen my odes to John on AG know how I've longed for this day.
Maybe now the Fugees can really reunite...dreams come true.
W did one good thing.

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile
W did one good thing.

He could've freed Muima Abu Jamal or Leonard Pelitier, but no. Just lil' ol John
Forte.

Ramorethetho

• Weed is green paper is brown coke is white you are a bitch so as your wife
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-18
  • Linux and Novell f***ed and gave birth to SuSe
    • View Profile
One handsome dude. no homo
Feeling satisfaction from the street croud reaction

sero147

• AG Regular
    • REP: +4/-3
    • View Profile
W did one good thing.

He could've freed Muima Abu Jamal or Leonard Pelitier, but no. Just lil' ol John
Forte.
word mayne, who is john forte, jus another rapper and the people in for real issues are still left behind.
FREE MUMIA

General Ratzinger van Stilzkin

• My 40 acres is missing its mule
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +21/-35
    • View Profile
so i suppose we will be hearing wyclef name drop john forte more then.
Hustlers. We dont sleep we rest one eye up

THAT LADY!

• I'm just a lil angel , I bring good luck!
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +20/-50
  • Your Royal flyness
    • View Profile
W did one good thing.

Forte.
" Just lil' ol John " what the hell you smoking? Or no wait , what the fck you not smoking. This guy is the shit yo!! :o

oints

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +34/-56
  • the god san-hedrin
    • View Profile
Just lil' ol John " what the hell you smoking? Or no wait , what the fck you not smoking. This guy is the shit yo!! :o

there is no question that Forte was a force to be reckoned with when the refugee camp was still in its earlier years and the fugees as a group was still together. im actually glad that he's free, its a good thing overall. absolutly loved and still adored what he did on the score, especially the track "family business".....HEAT

but to be quite honest, i dont know if musicaly Forte can still be looked upon as somebody who has anything decent to offer the game as it stands right now, yes he might just have some built in anger and the whole getting knowledge in prison, blessing in desguise, law library thing to let out but if his solo effort before going to prison is anything to go by, that nigga is proberbly wacker now than he was before he got knocked. im just stating the obvious, sumin that in most liklihood the "fans" here will shy away from. bearing in mind that i did say i was ans still is a fan of his ol siht  ;)

oh and i have the album (I, John) for anybody interested, its wack as a muf***er but i kept it for sentimental reasons so if u want me to up it, i got u ;)

congratulations to John though!

Bobby Banks

• The Fathers Son
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +10/-14
    • View Profile

oh and i have the album (I, John) for anybody interested, its wack as a muf***er but i kept it for sentimental reasons so if u want me to up it, i got u ;)

congratulations to John though!

this cracked me up!!
iv got a fire in my heart and your critism fans it!

A pimp named Sarkozy

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +17/-52
  • Thorough-bred
    • View Profile

SUPER RUTHLESS

• SOUTH OF A
  • AG Extremist
    • REP: +24/-20
  • New South Movement
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Men Entertainment

Knowledge

• What a dream. Life is an illusion
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +2/-2
    • View Profile

Naturelle

• AG Moderator
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +11/-21
  • rise.
    • View Profile
    • Butan Wear
Free Mumia - I'm all for that. Death penalty still not revised. All these years...

How do presidential pardons work? Does anybody know? Do they get to practice them only as they exist office?

@Oints hook up the link to I, John. Do you mean it's bad in the Lauryn  Hill's unplugged sense?

That Bastard Crook

• I woulda told Mitch not-to-leave-Rico, and instead 'a' wearing chains rock-da-Steve-Biko
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +71/-25
  • Right-wing fascists call me "Die Swart Gevaar"
    • View Profile
One handsome dude. no homo

No Homo??? How else are we supposed to look at that statement.
At da Centre, it's Inventor of dis Art-of-Rap / Seida-Crook I'm da Genuine Artefact // Rappers know I spit Godly-Rap, I gave da Industry a Heart-Attack / Like "OH MY GOD-HE'S-BACK"!!!!!!! /