Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Best rap crew in S.A.

Mprofeti the Radical Process

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +3/-13
    • View Profile
is last days fam that christian rap group?

Yes they are, and they are one of the best along with Driemanskap, Elements, Def Boys.

Def Boys? Please.

I got respect for X and co. for advancing the scene in Gtown but as a group? No way.

It depends if you are into their stlye of Hip-Hop or not, honestly i think Def Boys are gifted lyrically, and X is the main man.......
Freedom is only a state of mind....

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
Zero albums, sporadic singles, shifting allegiances and crew members outside of very small core.

Those aren't good group dynamics. They are very good at what they do but you can hardly count them up with the best in SA.
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

Alcatel

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +2/-3
  • wa gwan?
    • View Profile
klenched fist
a ha ha ha ha ha ah ah ah! AHa ahh aa a a.....

OG Beezak

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +6/-16
  • uMlazi--- keep hustling
    • View Profile
opticall Ill
Ba4za
Anvills
Urban militia
Writers block
Loose Cannons
Landmynz Them Feds is Crazy  ;) (The Federation)
3WR

Now that a soplid list Solid
Straight outta Mzilayi. It's that code 031 baby
              Hip Hop till 'am 75. Gcwala

cash

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +9/-66
  • Courage Ambition Strength Hustle
    • View Profile
opticall Ill
Ba4za
Anvills
Urban militia
Writers block
Loose Cannons
3WR

Do any of these groups have a solid commercial release in the last 5yrs other than Optical Ill?
@cash_sog

rob_one

• AG Veteran
    • REP: +27/-42
  • Silverback Jewrilla
    • View Profile
    • 20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO
opticall Ill
Ba4za
Anvills
Urban militia
Writers block
Loose Cannons
3WR

Do any of these groups have a solid commercial release in the last 5yrs other than Optical Ill?

Cash has a point.

Whatever your definition of commercial is, I do think at least one solid release is needed as a basic criteria (and only a basic one) for a group to even be considered as the 'best rap crew in SA'.

So Writers Block? Drudge Dialect was a loooong time ago and was...OK. Loose Cannon haven't dropped an album (or did they? I forget.) Federation will be in contention once they drop - as would Landmynz have been if they still existed.

Ba4za maybe, Optical Ill definately. 3WR....meh. Not sure if they have an album out. LDF and SKwatta are the top contenders. Cashless possibly, but I didn't get the hype around ARM Vol.1 It just wasn't that hot.

The rest of these groups may be good, but they're just also rans until
20/20 HIP-HOP RADIO

http://2020.mypodcast.com
Recharged Radio - http://www.rechargedradio.com
The South African - http://www.southafrican.co.uk
My Own Shit - http://www.robboffard.com

OG Beezak

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Guys the title was best rap crews in S.A. and no criteria was specified. 1st post of the thread also mentions crews like Monopoly and Drie, and both of these crews are not that popular (in terms of general popularity--involving the general and non-hip hop S.A. public), especially the monopoly (ain't nothin' negative Cash). What I think is, Cash has be using commercial viability or successs and popularity as his criteria. Skill wise, profoundness, originality, hardcoreness--if there's such a word--- and etc were not part of his criteria. And we cannot compare for instance Monopoly and Drie in terms of my own  ;) criteria. So what I'm trying to say is, if  Cash says Jozi is the best rap crew in  S.A. there's nothing wrong about that (maybe as far as this thread goes) cos that's his opinion anyways.

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
Guys the title was best rap crews in S.A. and no criteria was specified. 1st post of the thread also mentions crews like Monopoly and Drie, and both of these crews are not that popular (in terms of general popularity--involving the general and non-hip hop S.A. public), especially the monopoly (ain't nothin' negative Cash). What I think is, Cash has be using commercial viability or successs and popularity as his criteria. Skill wise, profoundness, originality, hardcoreness--if there's such a word--- and etc were not part of his criteria. And we cannot compare for instance Monopoly and Drie in terms of my own  ;) criteria. So what I'm trying to say is, if  Cash says Jozi is the best rap crew in  S.A. there's nothing wrong about that (maybe as far as this thread goes) cos that's his opinion anyways.

When you use the word "Best" you must define the criteria.
I think this thread should rather be called "Your Favourite Rap Crew in SA" then its fair to just throw in your own opinion.

But I agree with you "The Monopoly" is not yet a mentionable in "Best Crew" like I said in my first post, we are JUST "A PROMISING GROUP TO LOOK OUT FOR"
@cash_sog

OG Beezak

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile

When you use the word "Best" you must define the criteria.
I think this thread should rather be called "Your Favourite Rap Crew in SA" then its fair to just throw in your own opinion.

But I agree with you "The Monopoly" is not yet a mentionable in "Best Crew" like I said in my first post, we are JUST "A PROMISING GROUP TO LOOK OUT FOR"

"Your Favourite Rap Crew in SA" Hahaha. I guess you standing up for your crew Cash. Hahaha. Maybe the thread should have been "Is the Monopoly the Best/Most Promising Hip Hop Crew in S.A." Hahaha. Anyways, you got some nice tracks too, don't sweat dawg Hahaha (that Hey or Ey Boy was nice where u had Igho on)

cash

• AG Veteran
    • View Profile
lol. You are misunderstanding me.
Like I said, The Monopoly are not the Best or Most Promising group yet. Were still grinding.

I dont expect to be on any Best.... list as yet. Its not realistic.
We are just an EMERGING group. Anything more would be me "Ga**ing my head up". I know we're yet to pay all our dues.

My opinion = My Favourite Crew at the moment is Jozi , the crews to look out for in the next yr(or 2yrs) is DEM CRACKBOYS,The Monopoly,Gliterrati and The Anvils. (just my opinion)

FACTS = The Best SA Crew in the past 10 yrs is Skwatta Kamp,and the BEST SA Crew of all time is POC.

I dont think anyone can dispute the facts and my opinion is my opinion
@cash_sog

Blizzard

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +16/-17
    • View Profile

Alcatel

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +2/-3
  • wa gwan?
    • View Profile
pverty: i figure if POC still exist, the fist may still b unborn
a ha ha ha ha ha ah ah ah! AHa ahh aa a a.....

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa

Z-DIGITAL

• THE IMAGECHEF
  • AG Hustler
    • REP: +5/-10
  • Cookin food for thought>>>>>THE IMAGE CHEF
    • View Profile
I'm not sure Jozi is even Hip Pop. They are a just pop. They have done very well for themselves but so has Danny K. I don't really see the difference.

I really want to try to be positive about Jozi, but I just find it impossible. I just don't believe that their success reflects well on SA hip hop - it's just another victory for mindless 'international' pop music. Does the world really need more of that? Well done to them and everything, but their success doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.

I am much more comfortable with Pro Kid repping SA Hip Hop than I am with Jozi. He makes good, proudly South African hip hop that is both accessible and real at the same time.

As for crews, Driemanskap are the future.

I second this motion............them Jozi niggas should just stick to soapies and pop culture. Its nice that there doing they're thing but they really should move their music from the hip-hop shelf to the pop shelf...I put those cats in the same bag as Pink.
spit flows so much you have to grow gills
Or you'll drown when my flows spill
Push me I'll make you run a suicide drill
To see through my WINDOWS i charge you GATE BILLS.....