Get Dropox | Luno Bitcoin | Ovex Crypto | Binance | Get Free Crypto - Morpher
Africasgateway.com

Vinyl LPs, Records, or Albums

OG Beezak

• AG Extremist
    • REP: +6/-16
  • uMlazi--- keep hustling
    • View Profile
Just got a bunch of these from an older friend of mine who use to DJ---I guess, he thinks he's grown up for this..nucca bought a new house. I mean they are a lot...from RNB, HIP HOP, KWAITO, AND JAZZ---Stuff from---Guru, EVE, X-ZIBIT, Eminem, DRE, Monifa, R Kelly, Jay Z, Marvin Gay, 112, EXCAPE, Snoop, Wyclef, Guffy of ghetto Ruff and etc. I mean I have a whole crate of Old Skool Hip Hop, RnB, and Kwaito, Jazz.....even the ol "I wanna sex u up single"  ;D ;D

I just wanna know..............

1.How to take care for them. Cos a very few don't have covers anymore. And are scratched
2. If it worth for me to buy equipment to play them....just for a good listen...some ish I can hook up with my system...Vinly player...if there's anything as such ::)
3. Or if I don't have a pile of junk that I need to throw I away immediately  (which doesn't feel right at all) :-\ :-\
4. What affordable quality equipment is available out there
Straight outta Mzilayi. It's that code 031 baby
              Hip Hop till 'am 75. Gcwala

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
    • REP: +31/-87
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
I think you should get rid of them. I know a place where they dispose of these things safely. I can come collect them at your place even.

WORDSMITH

• The wap up starts at the bottom.
  • AG Regular
    • REP: +5/-21
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com
Just got a bunch of these from an older friend of mine who use to DJ---I guess, he thinks he's grown up for this..nucca bought a new house. I mean they are a lot...from RNB, HIP HOP, KWAITO, AND JAZZ---Stuff from---Guru, EVE, X-ZIBIT, Eminem, DRE, Monifa, R Kelly, Jay Z, Marvin Gay, 112, EXCAPE, Snoop, Wyclef, Guffy of ghetto Ruff and etc. I mean I have a whole crate of Old Skool Hip Hop, RnB, and Kwaito, Jazz.....even the ol "I wanna sex u up single"  ;D ;D

I just wanna know..............

1.How to take care for them. Cos a very few don't have covers anymore. And are scratched
2. If it worth for me to buy equipment to play them....just for a good listen...some ish I can hook up with my system...Vinly player...if there's anything as such ::)
3. Or if I don't have a pile of junk that I need to throw I away immediately  (which doesn't feel right at all) :-\ :-\
4. What affordable quality equipment is available out there

Man Please... I meant! Nigga plea**se!!! get rid of em things... unless you wanna lie to your grand children... make up a wierd story or sumin.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 11:28:21 AM by sarcastic »
"Hip Hip is Hip Hip, We quick to Judge,
But we aint quick enough to not be Judged"
- Philo (Bloem Cat)

OG Beezak

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
I think you should get rid of them. I know a place where they dispose of these things safely. I can come collect them at your place even.

Come on I'm serious man.  :) I need advice here. Nways it will cost u comin' down here. hahaha

OG Beezak

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Okay, why do I need to throw them away. Maybe clear this one. My rubbish bin is ready. Don't sweat :)

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Those old vinyls were pressed on toxic acetate. You could be poisoning yourself eveytime you touch them. Don't just throw them in the rubbish, cos they'll just pollute the area and ground water.

If you aren't in the J, mail them to me and I'll take them to a place where thay can be disposed of safely, so they don't endanger anyone else.

WORDSMITH

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com
Okay, why do I need to throw them away. Maybe clear this one. My rubbish bin is ready. Don't sweat :)

Them things are tired, proally need sum rest... do right thing...

On a real...Save yourself that... Guru, EVE, X-ZIBIT, Eminem, DRE, Jay Z, Marvin Gae and The Wyclef....

I think those will do... the rest is just junk...
- Philo (Bloem Cat)

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa
Dont listen to these fools. Keep them, get yaself a vinyl player from ya DJ friend and hook that shit up to ya computer........... Or sell em to producers............. Old vinyls that is. And hit em up at double price

The Angry Hand of God

• I'm better than you.
  • AG Veteran
  • Medium Pimping...
    • View Profile
Dont listen to these fools. Keep them, get yaself a vinyl player from ya DJ friend and hook that shit up to ya computer........... Or sell em to producers............. Old vinyls that is. And hit em up at double price

You're being an a**hole and you're putting this man's life and those of his loved ones in danger.

Dont listen to him Bee

WORDSMITH

• AG Regular
    • View Profile
    • www.reverbnation.com

Those old vinyls were pressed on toxic acetate. You could be poisoning yourself .

If you aren't in the J, mail them to me and I'll take them to a place where thay can be disposed of safely, so they don't endanger anyone else.

I get what you talking bout...
- Philo (Bloem Cat)

OG Beezak

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile

That's what I'm talking about Sponge. But my nucc already gave away his equipment, and gave me the music, maybe cos he thot I like it. I guess I'm gonna have to go look for a Vinly player then.

But, how do I keep these things intact. I mean, how do I avoid damaging

OG Beezak

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
Those old vinyls were pressed on toxic acetate. You could be poisoning yourself eveytime you touch them. Don't just throw them in the rubbish, cos they'll just pollute the area and ground water.

Pyro is crazy. Hahaha

polaris

• AG Hustler
    • REP: +4/-3
  • IT IS I
    • View Profile
It doesn't sound like u got a particularly great collection but personally, i'd never throw away records, i'm a collector. like Spongebob said they can be used to sample etc...
if u really wanna get rid of them & useMlazi ne? call up Papercut, now known as PKuttah he could probably use them to mix or give'em to Blakhitla, he got turntables and he samples real dope. but if all fails, i'll have them. ;)

went to a record sale at that Newtown spot next to Ritual on Saturday, got a total of 11 viynls cla**ic viynls for a measly R500. Miles Davis, Makeba & Belafonte, Masekela, AFRIKA BAMBaATA (I'm sayin') Cosby, Ella Fitzerald....and...none of them were singles, 5 of them were actually double LP's...bargain!!!

« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 11:59:09 AM by Polaris Osiris »

Soul Amazin'

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-28
  • I got next....
    • View Profile
Since u were ready to throw them away...transfer wat u need/like into digital format and sell/give away the vinyls to someone who'll be able to use them fully...

OG Beezak

• AG Extremist
    • View Profile
^^^^Thanks for the feed