Africasgateway.com

[african swim]

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +15/-15
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
I don't know who they compiled it with, on the page they do express that it is solemnly South African music on there, they just droped the South so that it would work with their theme [adult swim] = [african swim].

Honestly the fact that they went through and showed love at all in this form is dope to me!

I'm not sure how they got these artists together, it looks like someone at Ghetto Ruff had something to do with it, or if they randomly picked songs from myspace,..

I think the initiative is just too dope, the people at cartoon network don't know S.A. Hip-Hop (or do they?) but the fact that they went there is hot! who's to say they wouldn't do it again and maybe go deeper next time.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 01:26:01 AM by watziznehmegin »

Last of the old AG Hittaz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +5/-18
    • View Profile
Now that you think about it, shouln't it be called [Mzani Swim] ???

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
they're pitching it to americans, americans are brainwashed and on drugs, they're taking baby steps! but I see your point..

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• http://www.soundclick.com/J-oNERSA
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +17/-30
  • I got the coolest shower door in S.A
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa
Even though I give props for Cartoon Network fo doing a compilation of music from
Africa, there's only one problem, all of the music is only from SOUTH AFRICA.
They should've add some Tanzanian, Nigerian, Kenyan, Senegalese, or other Hip Hop
nationalities. That's the problem with Americans in general. We think that South Africa
is the only place that's "modern".

Blame it on Oprah ;)
Lol. I was playing internet poker the other day (Yes, I play net poker, sue me. I love that ish too). Some peeps seem to think S.A is a place filled with thieving white people. "Filled with white people" coz they think it's the only modern country in Africa and "Thieving" coz Joburg happens to be one of the most dangerous cities in the world.

I didnt know if I shoulda been amused or offended though ???

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
That's the problem with Americans in general. We think that South Africa

you think? I think most Americans think that most Africans are famished and/or are living in trees.

Americans are really f***ing stupid, and they live in a box, a TV box, what they see from Africa is when some camera crew goes off into the jungle to film monkeys, or when unicef or some other aid crew show a starving child in the commercials at 3 o'clock in the morning, I think you are giving them too much credit here!

This is where [adult swim] comes in play, the reason they are successful at what they do, is because they guise truth behind abstractions that are in opposition to those spread by ma** media, but to connect with the people you have to start on they level, and Americans run on the level of 12 year olds, so I think that's where this compilation is supposed to pick them up at,

I personally doubt it will be effective, cause your average american is too busy worrying about when their microwave is going to sound off, than to go any further than their couch to look for something new. But yeah honestly dog, most Americans probably don't even know South Africa is a country, if you wanna go there with it. You rather they had not done the compilation at all?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 09:25:08 PM by watziznehmegin »

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa
That's the problem with Americans in general. We think that South Africa

you think? I think most Americans think that most Africans are famished and/or are living in trees.

Americans are really f***ing stupid, and they live in a box, a TV box, what they see from Africa is when some camera crew goes off into the jungle to film monkeys, or when unicef or some other aid crew show a starving child in the commercials, at 3 o'clock in the morning, I think you are giving them too much credit here!

This is where [adult swim] comes in play, the reason they are successful at what they do, is because they guise truth behind abstractions that are in opposition to those spread by ma** media, but to connect with the people you have to start on they level, and Americans run on the level of 12 year olds, so I think that's where this compilation is supposed to pick them up at,

I personally doubt it will be effective, cause your average american is too busy worrying about when their microwave is going to sound off, than to go any further than their couch to look for something new. But yeah honestly dog, most Americans probably don't even know South Africa is a country, if you wanna go there with it. You rather they had not done the compilation at all?
Amen brother

My favourite is "Do you know what COKE is?"

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
So if I'm reading this right, this compilation is pissing a bunch of people off, right?

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
So if I'm reading this right, this compilation is pissing a bunch of people off, right?

Nah, its finally good to see that Cartoon Network is actually releasing something
from Africa.......only if BET can pull the same thing, but you know the whole story
about that network. ::)

watziznehmegin

• AG Elite Member
  • Clockwork Orange
    • View Profile
    • Discogs
all I'm saying is [adult swim] are on some next SHIT! People look to them for that next shit!
and they took it to s.a.! however you look at it, weather they missed the bullseye on this one or not,
the fact is, they went there!! and this came out of far left field!!! who knows?!
others might follow suit or not, maybe other distributors looking for that next level!
maybe adult swim will do a round two, who's to say?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 06:42:26 AM by watziznehmegin »

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile
all I'm saying is [adult swim] are on some next SHIT! People look to them for that next shit!
and they took it to s.a.! however you look at it, weather they missed the bullseye on this one or not,
the fact is, they went there!! and this came out of far left field!!! who knows?!
others might follow suit or not, maybe other distributors looking for that next level!
maybe adult swim will do a round two, who's to say?

I just had to see cook n da les on that tracklist to know that there was nothin 'African' about it... but then again u can't forcefeed an insular (and rather stubborn) audience like America's, especially if it's sumn 'foreign' n not in tune with what they're used to, so I guess it's a positive step in some backward mentality kinda way...any exposure is good though  ;)

TY-D-CPT-021-NKE

• Go tell your mother cause i dont give a f**
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-47
  • "Dont kyk me by the gevriet aka dont judge snitch!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thesamark.co.za/WC-NKE.aspx
americans....when i think of them i think of mr bean.....niave and kak versin yoh!...they still think we got lions as pets....sleep in huts and hunt for our food...and i aint shittin my niccas...i was like"talk kak to me man"..and they were serious as a heart sergion...they themselves are brain washed...read david ike...he got the ish and it is scary!
people be juding me by the way that i walk even when i talk they say i got swagger like i be from new york..#print that bitches!

J-oNE/Pat-B-Rick

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Beatz for Africa
americans....when i think of them i think of mr bean.....niave and kak versin yoh!...they still think we got lions as pets....sleep in huts and hunt for our food...and i aint shittin my niccas...i was like"talk kak to me man"..and they were serious as a heart sergion...they themselves are brain washed...read david ike...he got the ish and it is scary!
Uhh......... Mr Bean is............................ British :-\

Thornz

• AG Elite Member
    • REP: +9/-22
    • View Profile

u read david ike, and then u wanna talk about how 'other people are brainwashed?' lol!

• AG Elite Member
    • View Profile
It's funny how most Americans view me. They ask some of my Black friends
stereotypical questions such as "Have you ever been shot?" or "Have
you ever been to jail?
" but when they ask me, it's What country are
you from?
"

Even though I find their question quite exotic, I feel like beating the crap out of
them. Bitch, I'll be more American than you'll ever be! I'm part Cherokee and
Chicksaw, as well as African and Chinese blood.

TY-D-CPT-021-NKE

• Go tell your mother cause i dont give a f**
  • AG Elite Member
    • REP: +14/-47
  • "Dont kyk me by the gevriet aka dont judge snitch!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thesamark.co.za/WC-NKE.aspx
yo thornz fo sho....i was reading that shit and went off my head for a solid week...talking whack shit and demons and aliens and bush and the big 5 and the rockerfellas and intestellar shit....some shit about no one ever went to the moon  ....ahhh...never wana go thru that ish again dawg!
people be juding me by the way that i walk even when i talk they say i got swagger like i be from new york..#print that bitches!